Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Vatnik Wumao
There needs to be a visual indication that your character has developed, like raid gear in WOW. Even just high-level clothing would be cool, like if you could get a godroll suit that gives you +20% speechcraft or a Flash Gordon outfit that buffs your jet pack skill. Starfield really doesn't capitalize on the multiverse shenanigans; there's no reason why you can't find Ebony or Glass armor on a backwater planet. There should be a blurring of the line between which powerful items are magic and which are science. Not like Magic: the Gathering with Black Aragorn clubbing Iron Man to death with the baseball bat from The Walking Dead, but something more like a cursed dagger whose powers could come from nanotechnology or an evil genie, and there's a quest about discovering which it is. Actually, Torment: Tides of Numenera did a much better job of this style of storytelling than Starfield did, which is quite sad.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Starborn nonsense and possibly unrelated Great Serpent nonsense aside, Starfield is supposed to be a quite grounded SF setting.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
NASAPUNK

They should've let Kirkbride write some lore for Starfield.

Somebody made a recent video about him:

Elttharion

Learned

Oh boy... I have worked in a bunch of different fields since I was a teenager, most of them had unions and in all of them I wanted to strangle the union people with their own umbilical cords. Thank God I dont have to deal with this crap nowadays.

ind33d

Learned

Oh boy... I have worked in a bunch of different fields since I was a teenager, most of them had unions and in all of them I wanted to strangle the union people with their own umbilical cords. Thank God I dont have to deal with this crap nowadays.

wait, didn't bethesda reject diversity consulting for Starfield? is the actual purpose of diversity consultation just to prevent unions being formed?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
starfielddanger.jpg

GhostInTheHell

Barely Literate
NASAPUNK

They should've let Kirkbride write some lore for Starfield.

Somebody made a recent video about him:

What an extremely petty current year video.
As a whole it moralistically tries to cast Michael Kirkbride and Morrowind in a suspicious, 'problematic' or 'controversial' light. While pretending to be a fan of the game just arguing in good faith, for some reason gender-ideology runs through this 35 minute video. As if the developers of Morrowind 20+years ago, were (or should be) concerned with gender-ideology and pronouns.
The video is also a thinly veiled accusation of Kirkbride of 'cultural appropriation' and racist stereotypes because 'Orcs look like Asian men'. More likely YouTuber is the raycist here for making that association.

That 20+ years later a video has to be filled with useless "tw" (trigger warnings) shows how sensitive this YouTuber has become, as opposed to anything actually 'problematic' in Morrowind's writing or by Kirkbride.

KeAShizuku

Educated
Realistic space games? Great did I miss someone invent FTL drives?

It's all the same fucking sci-fi unless you want to do Appolo missions to the moon for your space game.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
I can honestly declare, that after finishing Starfield playthrough and seeing end credits plus trying some of glorified NG+ , i came to the statement that The Outer Worlds Spacer Choice edition is much better game.
So instead of waiting for DLC to Starfield im waiting for The Outer Worlds 2 from bleoved Obsidian much more.

Starfield is good game, but Obsidian kills Bethesda with the writing quality in no time.

FrostRaven

Barely Literate
The writing quality in RPGs is going down the drain. It's probably because of DEI and the fear of offending people that don't play RPGs at all.

Bethesda writing is just Wikipedia dumps of exposition from a character you just met that suddenly gives you top secret info or personal secrets that no normal human would divulge, with a final option to accept or "come back later if you change your mind, bro. I don't mind, I'm sure the lost girl will be fine 3 week from now!".... if at least was sarcastic.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Bethesda writing is basically a ChatGPT drivel, while with modern Obsidian you can tell its still written by humans, but its way more cringy. Honestly I cant tell which is worse. Syphilis or Ebola situation.
I couldn't play TOW because the first companion they give you is a lesbian. I rolled my eyes so hard they cramped up. I played for a bit more but none of the writing made any sense. Had to uninstall after a lot less than 10 hours iirc

With Starfield there is enough actual game so you don't have to bother with the shitty writing. It's shit in both games. But one is a sandbox, the other a crappy shooter.

PlayerEmers

Educated
So instead of waiting for DLC to Starfield im waiting for The Outer Worlds 2 from bleoved Obsidian much more..
i hated how mediocre outer worlds was but honestly im way more inclined to give outer worlds 2 a try than replay starfield again

highly doubt any patch or DLC will change my mind about starfield

Vatnik Wumao
So instead of waiting for DLC to Starfield im waiting for The Outer Worlds 2 from bleoved Obsidian much more..
i hated how mediocre outer worlds was but honestly im way more inclined to give outer worlds 2 a try than replay starfield again

highly doubt any patch or DLC will change my mind about starfield
Meh, TOW is pure Californian cringe with Reddit humor and retarded political innuendos. Starfield on the other hand is just mediocre entertainment for older dudebros who want to play something while relaxing on their couch. And as far as future releases go, Starfield's story-focused expansions like the upcoming Shattered Space will probably be like how Far Harbor was when compared to Fallout 4's base game. Meanwhile TOW2 will just double down on the cringe that permeates the first game, better gameplay or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom