Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Kiste

Augur
Guys like him are the gaming-streamer incarnation of the phone sex line. They fake emotions and emit bodily sounds on demand, to procure money. The whole drama plays out so gulliable woke/reverse-woke rubes provide wider reach.

I imagine him going to the other room after screaming and cursing for the last hour, and having to look his wife and kid in the eyes. Sad. Like a male version of "King of Sorrow"

I wouldn't be surprised if the went to the other room after screaming and cursing for the last hour to suck off his tranny girlfriend.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Lacks any imaginations,the game feels like 1970 in space. There is zero scifi in it,just space ships lol. It lacks any creativity,the level design really suffers from it.
Bethesda should have fully embraced retro-futurism and made a game that looks like Syd Mead artwork:

illustration-syd-mead87cnf.jpg

illustration-syd-meadfrc9v.jpg

illustration-syd-mead4mfud.jpg

syd_mead_concept_art_x5fn0.jpg

El Presidente

Arcane
Lacks any imaginations,the game feels like 1970 in space. There is zero scifi in it,just space ships lol. It lacks any creativity,the level design really suffers from it.
Bethesda should have fully embraced retro-futurism and made a game that looks like Syd Mead artwork:

illustration-syd-meadfrc9v.jpg

syd_mead_concept_art_x5fn0.jpg

I'm afraid this is what they tried to :lol: At least somewhat. Just look at New Atlantis city, seems to me this is their attempt to replicate these two artworks I left in the quote. They're just not talented enough to pull it off, especially on their shitty engine.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Ok, got another half hour or so of playtime. I came across a white dude who was in charge and didnt have some mutt or black woman there to supersede his position. The governor of Mars no less. You can offer to bribe him for a politcal discussion but I didnt think much of it as politicians are known for corruption. He doesn't accept the money and says it would cost a lot more.

tarfieldgv.jpg

Oh... he is asking the player to do something illegal. This time, unlike the last two white guys who wanted me to commit crimes, wanted me to blow up his missing ship and everyone on board. I am not really playing that type of character but I wanted to go see what was going on. I jump across the galaxy and speak with the pirates who had taken over his ship. I docked on the ship and got into a gunfight after failing a speech check to negoitate. I am not the type to save scum so I went ahead and wiped them out. Then I found this note addresed to the last guy the gov of Mars hired to perform this task.
starfieldshadygv.jpg

I am feeling a bit demotivated at this point that the 3rd white dude who was a quest giver would be protrayed yet again (40 hours played or so) in such a negative light but I must continue on. Oh lord, whats this? A woman dressed in civilian clothes, clearly not one of the pirates I put down, is lying on the ships floor, dead. She has a note... This is the woman he had been having an affair with. She was so consumed with guilt and shame that she decided to commit suicide.
starfieldicide.jpg

To sum it up. The white man in charge of mars, had and affair with a woman who would go on to steal his ship and leave the area. He hires the player after his last hire botched the job. He wants the player to kill everyone on board by destroying the ship. The woman he was fucking on the side hated herself so much for it she stole his ship, forgot to put gas in it, and commited suicide after having drifted for a time.

Also, if you decide to just blow up the ship without boarding it, and you loot the ship from your own ship, you will loot these two notes. So the quest designers makes damn well sure you know about the dirty laundry of the white dude before you leave. I know this because when I left the ship after having cleared it, I decided to destroy the ship. Well I got a duplicate copy of the notes I found when orginally boarded the ship. This is my second half hour of play today.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Holding MMB hides the UI and unlocks free look. Sweet.

A82891D75E1CB6A0F6A24FF42D3DF7B6715EB26B
Starfield runs on the same game engine Bethesda created for Morrowind, so many of the console commands have remained:

tm --- removes all UI overlay
tfc --- free camera
tfc 1 --- free camera with time frozen
sucsm x --- modifies the speed of movement with free camera to x (1 is default)

You can also use the console for various purposes other than improving screenshots, such as raising a certain person's com_affinity value to ensure this person dies during a particular quest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, got another half hour or so of playtime.
So the game is the worst shit in Bethesda's long list of shit games, yet you are playing it and not only that but you are writing long posts about your experience. Are you enjoying playing shit? Or is it your autism that it scratches?

Reminder that in Cyberpunk you can easily spawn a dancing pole anywhere, spawn a better looking customized model, choose from a variety of female body shapes, and make it execute any animated pose from a huge library of poses, including pole dances. For free.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ok, got another half hour or so of playtime. I came across a white dude who was in charge and didnt have some mutt or black woman there to supersede his position. The governor of Mars no less. You can offer to bribe him for a politcal discussion but I didnt think much of it as politicians are known for corruption. He doesn't accept the money and says it would cost a lot more.

tarfieldgv.jpg

Oh... he is asking the player to do something illegal. This time, unlike the last two white guys who wanted me to commit crimes, wanted me to blow up his missing ship and everyone on board. I am not really playing that type of character but I wanted to go see what was going on. I jump across the galaxy and speak with the pirates who had taken over his ship. I docked on the ship and got into a gunfight after failing a speech check to negoitate. I am not the type to save scum so I went ahead and wiped them out. Then I found this note addresed to the last guy the gov of Mars hired to perform this task.
starfieldshadygv.jpg

I am feeling a bit demotivated at this point that the 3rd white dude who was a quest giver would be protrayed yet again (40 hours played or so) in such a negative light but I must continue on. Oh lord, whats this? A woman dressed in civilian clothes, clearly not one of the pirates I put down, is lying on the ships floor, dead. She has a note... This is the woman he had been having an affair with. She was so consumed with guilt and shame that she decided to commit suicide.
starfieldicide.jpg

To sum it up. The white man in charge of mars, had and affair with a woman who would go on to steal his ship and leave the area. He hires the player after his last hire botched the job. He wants the player to kill everyone on board by destroying the ship. The woman he was fucking on the side hated herself so much for it she stole his ship, forgot to put gas in it, and commited suicide after having drifted for a time.

Also, if you decide to just blow up the ship without boarding it, and you loot the ship from your own ship, you will loot these two notes. So the quest designers makes damn well sure you know about the dirty laundry of the white dude before you leave. I know this because when I left the ship after having cleared it, I decided to destroy the ship. Well I got a duplicate copy of the notes I found when orginally boarded the ship. This is my second half hour of play today.

Stop torturing youself and delete the game... The story and characters will always be shit and if you only care about the gameplay and trash looter aspects you can always try it again a year from now when there is tons of mods the that will make it semi playable.

Old Hans

Arcane
Just putting icons in front of loot items would be a gigantic improvement. I can't tell what's a food, crafting item, or drugs.
seriously. something about this game that makes the looting feel so mentally draining. its so detailed and cluttered. it makes the processes of going through coffee cups, folders, books, pencils and sandwiches feel like shit. I just think they need to stop with this and make these useless garbage items static background props

Ulysa

Scholar
Sometimes this games looks amazing and next planet looks terrible. Or even the same planet at a different time depending on the light. It is annoying, I tried a lot of things like reshades and shit. Doesn't help that fucking gamepass doesn't let me use the nvidia xperience filters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom