Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Silverfish

Arbiter
What the fuck have they been doing for 6 years?

Paying youtubers to pretend that Fallout 76 had been "fixed" and handing off actual game development to India.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is starfield a CRPG adaptation of this movie?

0a2wpJo.png

I honestly don't think so. The movie is hilarious. This game is booooooooooooring.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This game had so much potential if they only put more resources into quests and options around those instead of useless reactivity like when I put Andreja into Mantis armor she comments that she is OK with wearing this armor but she is getting a lot of strange looks in cities

Rhobar121

Scholar
This game had so much potential if they only put more resources into quests and options around those instead of useless reactivity like when I put Andreja into Mantis armor she comments that she is OK with wearing this armor but she is getting a lot of strange looks in cities
Virtually every game can be summed up in the same way. Unfortunately, potential means nothing if it is not used.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Lightning rarely strikes twice. And when these companies and their development teams get so large, and so much of it is clearly out-sourced to cheaper countries, can you really expect them to commit to a “vision”.. those clean AAA, uniformly tight games of the past created by 25 people, they don’t exist any more. This is design by committee with intent to scrape profit-margins. Get what you can out of it, but expect the worst.

I’m reminded of statements like this. Take a sniff. They lust for the dolla dolla bills of the safest/broadest base of consumers.

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-dlss3-mod-creator-threatens-patreon-pirates-with-hidden-mines-in-monologue-they-will-never-know-if-they-have-found-all-of-them/

The hubis of the modders of newer Shitdesa games is impressive, damn, someone should tell them to hide their mods before someone pirates them because for sure nobody can make similar one- wait, there is mod doing exactly that, huh.
you need to remove #article-comments from the link

working link:

https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-d...ll-never-know-if-they-have-found-all-of-them/

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
there are 2 groups of codex retards

group a: never played the game, calls it shit
group b: played game for 300 hours, calls it shit

just

Liturgist
i do have to say that when you see a beautiful vista on some random moon it really does activate some dormant colonizing gene and you just have to build some mines and outposts on it
too bad theres no intelligent alien life to exploit for cheap labor
no other thing than to wait few years for mods, which for a bonus will most likely also enable me to have (consensual) sex with their women

Shaki

Arbiter
Decided to give the game another chance since I have nothing else to play atm - I hit 19h playtime, and quitting again. The nail in the coffin was encountering the same exact fucking dungeon (down to same terminals with same notes and same item placement) 3 times. First 2 times I encountered it after checking literally the closest POI (~400m) to a major hand-made location, because some lying cuck said these POIs are often unique and not the radiant shit. 3rd time I encountered it in a fucking QUEST, where again, some lying cuck said the content was supposed to be unique and handmade. I'm done. This is asian cashgrab MMO tier lazy shit, it's impossible to get any enjoyment from this game unless you're lobotomized. I forced myself to finish a lot of games I've hated, just to be able to shit on them more efficiently, but I can't do this one, playing this is pure torture. It's literally the most bland, boring, absolutely souless piece of shit "RPG" I've seen in like the last 2 decades.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Decided to give the game another chance since I have nothing else to play atm - I hit 19h playtime, and quitting again. The nail in the coffin was encountering the same exact fucking dungeon (down to same terminals with same notes and same item placement) 3 times. First 2 times I encountered it after checking literally the closest POI (~400m) to a major hand-made location, because some lying cuck said these POIs are often unique and not the radiant shit. 3rd time I encountered it in a fucking QUEST, where again, some lying cuck said the content was supposed to be unique and handmade. I'm done. This is asian cashgrab MMO tier lazy shit, it's impossible to get any enjoyment from this game unless you're lobotomized. I forced myself to finish a lot of games I've hated, just to be able to shit on them more efficiently, but I can't do this one, playing this is pure torture. It's literally the most bland, boring, absolutely souless piece of shit "RPG" I've seen in like the last 2 decades.
Fallout 4 was worse.

Vic

Savant
the repeating dungeons make it possible to memorize where the boss and loot chest is so you can quickly clear them. And yes most quest dungeons are hand crafted, maybe if you told us which quest that was?

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
the repeating dungeons make it possible to memorize where the boss and loot chest is so you can quickly clear them. And yes most quest dungeons are hand crafted, maybe if you told us which quest that was?
"infinite copies of the same 6 dungeons? mind-numbing repetition is a good thing, here's why"

i don't like to get personal with people and lean heavily into insults, but you must be a game journalist.

Vic

Savant
"infinite copies of the same 6 dungeons? mind-numbing repetition is a good thing, here's why"

i don't like to get personal with people and lean heavily into insults, but you must be a game journalist.
I'm not saying that's a good thing, just saying that if you hunt for loot, you'll be seeing the same dungeons over and over. At this point I have memorized all designs and loot locations so I can run them quickly in hopes for some good loot. Not that I'm currently playing, mind you. I'm having more fun with a 15 year old MMO than Starfield right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom