Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

ArchAngel

Arcane

Inclusive Kosher Character Creator for The Jewish People

5383-1697407486-697665243.png

Mazal Tov! This mod ensure the character creator stays true to the tenants of the Torah. All pronoun options have been removed. אני מאחל לך כל טוב
I ask that you please respect the beliefs and traditions of Judaism especially given our rough history. All we ask is that you allow us to have this mod so that we may continue to have a space that we can game and abide by our religion :)

אני מאחל לך כל טוב

Edit : Unfortunately the anti-sematic white supremacist neo Nazi site known as Nexus Mods removed it.
Fake news. The jewish Talmud recognizes eight genders.

(1) Zachar (male), (2) Nekevah (female), (3) Androgynos (having both male and female characteristics), (4) Tumtum (lacking sexual characteristics), (5) Aylonit Hamah (identified female at birth but later naturally developing male characteristics), (6) Aylonit Adam (identified female at birth but later developing male characteristics through human intervention), (7) Saris Hamah (identified male at birth but later naturally developing female characteristics), and (8) Saris Adam (identified male at birth and later developing female characteristics through human intervention).

And this is from over 1500 years ago. Cool it with the antisemitism, guys!
Everyone knows when jews rejected Christ they embraced Satan.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I really wish people would stop calling Starfield a space game. It's not. It's your typical Bethesda RPG with space game elements.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I really wish people would stop calling Starfield a space game. It's not. It's your typical Bethesda RPG with space game elements.
that is why it is "space" and not space. Everspace 2 is also not really a space game, it is looter shooter in space :D

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
that is why it is "space" and not space. Everspace 2 is also not really a space game, it is looter shooter in space :D
does it have good loot?
typical diablo loot with 5 levels of rarity.
but is it good? actually unique items that you can design a build around etc.? Starfield has shit loot

ArchAngel

Arcane
does it have good loot?
typical diablo loot with 5 levels of rarity.
but is it good? actually unique items that you can design a build around etc.? Starfield has shit loot
Best I found so far are Legendary items, they do not really have some extra unique stats. Some mods can be interesting but it is more about what base weapons can do and how you combine them with ship class you chose (9 ship classes, each is basically like a class in standard aRPG but you can buy additional ones and switch at base as you want) and other abilities and items at your disposal.
It is certainly better than Starfield in shooting and exploration.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How is Fallout 3 good?
Fallout 4 is a bad game
They are perfectly good games for what Beth intended them to be and their target audience wanted - this fact is proven by the game's financial success
They are merely bad RPGs
Being successful does not mean being good.

Their success comes from the fact that there is no real competition in making first person open world RPGs, and that people know that mods will make their shit games playable.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
How is Fallout 3 good?
Fallout 4 is a bad game
They are perfectly good games for what Beth intended them to be and their target audience wanted - this fact is proven by the game's financial success
They are merely bad RPGs
Let me put it this way
Bethseda were with those games aiming to make big, larping sandboxes that could pull the widest possible audience and profit
General audiences wanted expansive sandboxes, with lite rpg elements and simple power fantasy quests
Both games (but specially Fallout 3) met all those expections/goals
Therefore, good games for what they were intended to be

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Starfield would be a far better game if it actually were a typical Bethesda Open World RPG (i.e. after the fashion of Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim) with elements from space games. Instead, they abandoned the handcrafted Open World subgenre in favor of procedural generation, but did not adopt the massive procedurally-generated dungeon approach of Daggerfall or anything else that could fill the gameplay void. :M

Billy Pilgrim

Novice
This is a completely ignorant statement and a blatant disregard for Scriptural teachings. Blame the Pharisees and the Sadducees. But to blame the whole Jewish race (God's Chosen people) is ignorant.

The first church consisted of Jews that came to accept Christ as the way to redemption and salvation, and the way to the Father. Think of Simon Peter (Peter in Hebrew meaning rock) was the "rock" of the first church. Saul, later Paul (a Jew from Tarsus) was a prominent church planter and teacher/apostle of the Gospel of Christ. He continually first sought out his brethren (to bring them to the Light) before moving onto the nations.

I am more than happy to debate and discuss this matter with you further whenever you see fit.

God be with you and may He free you from the shackles that blind you.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is a completely ignorant statement and a blatant disregard for Scriptural teachings. Blame the Pharisees and the Sadducees. But to blame the whole Jewish race (God's Chosen people) is ignorant.

The first church consisted of Jews that came to accept Christ as the way to redemption and salvation, and the way to the Father. Think of Simon Peter (Peter in Hebrew meaning rock) was the "rock" of the first church. Saul, later Paul (a Jew from Tarsus) was a prominent church planter and teacher/apostle of the Gospel of Christ. He continually first sought out his brethren (to bring them to the Light) before moving onto the nations.

I am more than happy to debate and discuss this matter with you further whenever you see fit.

If they embraced Christ they would stop being jews. Or we could say being jewish would be their ethnic background only like being a Slav or Nord.
At least Muslims accept Christ as one of the Prophets in their otherwise wrong ways.
Being "chosen people" will not help them when Christ returns and only saves people of Christian faith. Jews will get one last chance to renounce Satan at that moment and stop being Jews.

It also does not help them now when they die. They still go to Hell as they can only be saved by belief in Christ.

Billy Pilgrim

Novice

If they embraced Christ they would stop being jews. Or we could say being jewish would be their ethnic background only like being a Slav or Nord.
At least Muslims accept Christ as one of the Prophets in their otherwise wrong ways.
Being "chosen people" will not help them when Christ returns and only saves people of Christian faith. Jews will get one last chance to renounce Satan at that moment and stop being Jews.

It also does not help them now when they die. They still go to Hell as they can only be saved by belief in Christ.
1 Corinthians 9:20 "To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law".

Paul had written in the previous verse that he had made himself a slave to all people in the hopes of winning more of them. By "winning," he meant winning them to faith in Christ. Now he begins to describe in what sense he voluntarily puts himself under the authority of others.As a preacher of Christ, Paul would become as a Jew to the Jews, and as one under the law of Moses to those under Jewish religious law. Paul was Jewish and had lived much of his life as a "Hebrew of Hebrews" under the law (Philippians 3:5). After being converted to faith in Christ, he had been freed from obligation to the law (Romans 10:4) and had preached that the same was true for all who received God's gift of grace in Christ. In doing so, he had become the target of persecution and attempted murder by the Jewish religious leaders.That leads one to wonder what Paul meant that he became as a Jew and one under the law in order to win others to Christ. It does not mean Paul pretended it was necessary to follow the law to be saved. Nor does it mean he "acted more Jewish" when with Jewish people.Rather, Paul continued to participate in the worship of God in Jewish synagogues while preaching Christ there (Acts 17:2–3). He continued to voluntarily submit to some Jewish customs and traditions, including the fulfillment of a Nazarite vow (Acts 21:23–26), and even receiving punishment from the Jewish leaders for preaching Christ (2 Corinthians 11:24). He did this without ever altering the gospel message that faith in Christ is the only way to be right with God.Paul could have opted out of any participation with the Jewish religious system. He was free from all of it. Instead, he chose to remain involved, without ever compromising the message of Jesus, in hopes of winning some Jewish law followers to faith in Christ. In order to put as few barriers as possible between others and Christ, Paul was willing to sacrifice his own "rights" and freedoms.

You can still be a Jew in cultural heritage, but you cannot adhere to Jewish religious customs to be saved. Only Christ saves.
There are points we certainly agree upon. However, it is important to reflect upon what God wrote through in Paul in Titus 3:9-11 "Stay away from those who have foolish arguments, who talk about useless family histories, who make trouble and fight about what the law of Moses teaches. Those things are worth nothing and will not help anyone. If someone causes arguments, then give him a warning. If he continues to cause arguments, warn him again. If he still continues causing arguments, then do not be around him. You know that such a person is evil and sinful. His sins prove that he is wrong".

ArchAngel

Arcane

1 Corinthians 9:20 "To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law".

Paul had written in the previous verse that he had made himself a slave to all people in the hopes of winning more of them. By "winning," he meant winning them to faith in Christ. Now he begins to describe in what sense he voluntarily puts himself under the authority of others.As a preacher of Christ, Paul would become as a Jew to the Jews, and as one under the law of Moses to those under Jewish religious law. Paul was Jewish and had lived much of his life as a "Hebrew of Hebrews" under the law (Philippians 3:5). After being converted to faith in Christ, he had been freed from obligation to the law (Romans 10:4) and had preached that the same was true for all who received God's gift of grace in Christ. In doing so, he had become the target of persecution and attempted murder by the Jewish religious leaders.That leads one to wonder what Paul meant that he became as a Jew and one under the law in order to win others to Christ. It does not mean Paul pretended it was necessary to follow the law to be saved. Nor does it mean he "acted more Jewish" when with Jewish people.Rather, Paul continued to participate in the worship of God in Jewish synagogues while preaching Christ there (Acts 17:2–3). He continued to voluntarily submit to some Jewish customs and traditions, including the fulfillment of a Nazarite vow (Acts 21:23–26), and even receiving punishment from the Jewish leaders for preaching Christ (2 Corinthians 11:24). He did this without ever altering the gospel message that faith in Christ is the only way to be right with God.Paul could have opted out of any participation with the Jewish religious system. He was free from all of it. Instead, he chose to remain involved, without ever compromising the message of Jesus, in hopes of winning some Jewish law followers to faith in Christ. In order to put as few barriers as possible between others and Christ, Paul was willing to sacrifice his own "rights" and freedoms.

You can still be a Jew in cultural heritage, but you cannot adhere to Jewish religious customs to be saved. Only Christ saves.
There are points we certainly agree upon. However, it is important to reflect upon what God wrote through in Paul in Titus 3:9-11 "Stay away from those who have foolish arguments, who talk about useless family histories, who make trouble and fight about what the law of Moses teaches. Those things are worth nothing and will not help anyone. If someone causes arguments, then give him a warning. If he continues to cause arguments, warn him again. If he still continues causing arguments, then do not be around him. You know that such a person is evil and sinful. His sins prove that he is wrong".
If you are here to avoid arguments you missed by a whole planet.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How is Fallout 3 good?
Fallout 4 is a bad game
They are merely bad RPGs
Let me put it this way
Bethseda were with those games aiming to make big, larping sandboxes that could pull the widest possible audience and profit
General audiences wanted expansive sandboxes, with lite rpg elements and simple power fantasy quests
Both games (but specially Fallout 3) met all those expections/goals
Therefore, good games for what they were intended to be
Just because game provides certain features it doesnt mean those features were well implemented or good.

Yes Fallout 3 has a sandbox world, but that world is bland, boring and disjointed from the setting.

Yes Fallout 3 has lite rpg elements, but those elements are superficial and of almost no influence of the game.

Yes Fallout 3 has simple power fantasy quests but both the writing and voice acting is atrocious and sheer stupidity of them breaks the immersion of the game.

Its like arguing Superman 64 is a good game because it promised and provided a game with Superman flying and hitting people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom