Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
And the best aspect of Bethesda games is the feeling of a living world that you can explore and dive in and find stuff.
that's true it doesn't really have that. BUT, you can buy multiple houses/apartments and fill it up with stuff you find.

So fucking what.. Their outpost and home system is literally worse than Fallout and Skyrim.. even your boyfriend Rusty is having an existential crisis with how much shit starfield removes... they actually spent development time - taking away shit.

In exchange we get giant sphere's with grainy textures on them that your ship can fly through... if you spend 12 hours trying to get close to it.

> Make space game
> Literally fast travel everywhere with magic space ghost engine cause actually space is fucking boring

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
And the best aspect of Bethesda games is the feeling of a living world that you can explore and dive in and find stuff.
that's true it doesn't really have that. BUT, you can buy multiple houses/apartments and fill it up with stuff you find.

So fucking what.. Their outpost and home system is literally worse than Fallout and Skyrim.. even your boyfriend Rusty is having an existential crisis with how much shit starfield removes... they actually spent development time - taking away shit.

In exchange we get giant sphere's with grainy textures on them that your ship can fly through... if you spend 12 hours trying to get close to it.

> Make space game
> Literally fast travel everywhere with magic space ghost engine cause actually space is fucking boring
it's not a space sim, it's a Bethesda RPG set in space and still more fun to play than nausea inducing cyberjank where female cops in uniform wear high heels and invisible walls teleport you back (turn back, nothin' out there for ya... *teleport*)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
it's not a space sim, it's a Bethesda RPG set in space

Ok, then why did they make it so fucking boring like real space then?

still more fun to play than nausea inducing cyberjank where female cops in uniform wear high heels and invisible walls teleport you back (turn back, nothin' out there for ya... *teleport*)

Yea way better to have 10000 black fat asses all wandering around on space mopeds in every city, clipping through the floor and all gathering in a cut content cell - existing purely to burn out your video card.

Vic

Savant
Yea way better to have 10000 black fat asses all wandering around on space mopeds in every city, clipping through the floor and all gathering in a cut content cell - existing purely to burn out your video card.
first thing I saw after exiting my apartment for the first time:

Cyberpunk-2077-C-2020-by-CD-Projekt-RED-9-23-2023-11-39-00-AM.png

the hypocrisy of the codex hivemind is staggering

Modron

Arcane
100 hours of that^ didn't stop you from completing starfield and starting a new game plus what's the hangup?

Vic

Savant
100 hours of that^ didn't stop you from completing starfield and starting a new game plus what's the hangup?
that's a screenshot of Cyberpunk, friend; a game that was out now for over 3 years to boot.

and I described my issues with the game in the CP thread.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
that's a screenshot of Cyberpunk, friend; a game that was out now for over 3 years to boot.

and I described my issues with the game in the CP thread.
I thought CP was widely disliked by 'dex? At best it had mixed opinions. I fiished it but was completely underwhelmed and had nothing better to do. It was just mediocre.

People just compare how much it's better to Starfield because SF is total shit, not because CP is good.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought CP was widely disliked by 'dex? At best it had mixed opinions. I fiished it but was completely underwhelmed and had nothing better to do. It was just mediocre.

People just compare how much it's better to Starfield because SF is total shit, not because CP is good.

A few people (myself included) liked it outright, but generally Cyberpunk gets shit on here, big surprise. And yes, that is exactly why the comparisons come up.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
it's not a space sim, it's a Bethesda RPG set in space and still more fun to play than nausea inducing cyberjank where female cops in uniform wear high heels and invisible walls teleport you back (turn back, nothin' out there for ya... *teleport*)
Excusing Starfield via a favorable comparison to Cyberpunk 2077? Next you'll damn it with faint praise by pointing out that it's much better than anything from Bioware. :rpgcodex:

Aemar

Arcane
Watched the final boss fight and the ending (or whatever happened there) on Youtube. To say it was underwhelming would be an overstatement. 70 euros and over 7 years in development for that? lmao

Vic

Savant
Starfield Is The Best Game OF ALL TIME

From the moment Starfield was teased, gamers everywhere held their collective breath. Bethesda Game Studios, already acclaimed for their world-building prowess in series like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, promised us the cosmos. And did they deliver? They certainly did, and in more ways than one might expect.

Immediately, what struck me was the diversity of Starfield's universe, both in terms of its in-game ecosystems and character designs. The game breaks traditional molds by embracing characters of various ethnic backgrounds, such as Black and Asian characters, and does not shy away from displaying a range of body types. It's refreshing to see avatars that reflect more of humanity’s spectrum, and it was a particular delight for many, including myself, to see representation for larger body types. Starfield doesn't just take us to new worlds; it celebrates the diverse tapestry of our own.

Exploring the vast reaches of space in Starfield is an experience unto itself. There's an unmistakable thrill in discovering new planets, each with their unique challenges, ecosystems, and treasures. Every choice you make, from your spacecraft's engineering to how you interact with the cosmos, feels weighty and consequential. It's evident that Bethesda learned from their previous games, streamlining mechanics while adding layers of depth, making the exploration both intuitive and deeply engaging.

But space isn’t just about stars and spaceships; it's about the people that inhabit these vast expanses. And Starfield stands out with its cast of strong, powerful women. They're not just side characters or plot devices; they’re central figures in the narrative, with intricate backstories, motivations, and roles in the universe. They command respect, whether they're leading rebellions, captaining starships, or unraveling the mysteries of ancient civilizations. This is a game that not only recognizes the power of women but celebrates it, making it an inspiring experience for all players.

Starfield is more than just another space game. It's a celebration of diversity, exploration, and the infinite possibilities of the universe. It showcases the best of Bethesda's game-making expertise, refined through years of experience, while boldly stepping into new territories. It's a journey worth taking, filled with stars, stories, and strength. If the universe is vast and unknown, Starfield makes it feel a bit more like home.

0wca

Learned
Starfield Is The Best Game OF ALL TIME

From the moment Starfield was teased, gamers everywhere held their collective breath. Bethesda Game Studios, already acclaimed for their world-building prowess in series like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, promised us the cosmos. And did they deliver? They certainly did, and in more ways than one might expect.

Immediately, what struck me was the diversity of Starfield's universe, both in terms of its in-game ecosystems and character designs. The game breaks traditional molds by embracing characters of various ethnic backgrounds, such as Black and Asian characters, and does not shy away from displaying a range of body types. It's refreshing to see avatars that reflect more of humanity’s spectrum, and it was a particular delight for many, including myself, to see representation for larger body types. Starfield doesn't just take us to new worlds; it celebrates the diverse tapestry of our own.

Exploring the vast reaches of space in Starfield is an experience unto itself. There's an unmistakable thrill in discovering new planets, each with their unique challenges, ecosystems, and treasures. Every choice you make, from your spacecraft's engineering to how you interact with the cosmos, feels weighty and consequential. It's evident that Bethesda learned from their previous games, streamlining mechanics while adding layers of depth, making the exploration both intuitive and deeply engaging.

But space isn’t just about stars and spaceships; it's about the people that inhabit these vast expanses. And Starfield stands out with its cast of strong, powerful women. They're not just side characters or plot devices; they’re central figures in the narrative, with intricate backstories, motivations, and roles in the universe. They command respect, whether they're leading rebellions, captaining starships, or unraveling the mysteries of ancient civilizations. This is a game that not only recognizes the power of women but celebrates it, making it an inspiring experience for all players.

Starfield is more than just another space game. It's a celebration of diversity, exploration, and the infinite possibilities of the universe. It showcases the best of Bethesda's game-making expertise, refined through years of experience, while boldly stepping into new territories. It's a journey worth taking, filled with stars, stories, and strength. If the universe is vast and unknown, Starfield makes it feel a bit more like home.
You're like the HHR of RPGs aren't you?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm bailing from this thread because I'm not gonna ever play Starfield again and more importantly I'm counter-ignoring the local retard Vic who made this thread so I won't see it anymore.

I just want my last words to be:

Starfield is an unfixable total garbage with no redeeming qualities.

That is all, thank you. Bye.

ropetight

Savant
I'm bailing from this thread because I'm not gonna ever play Starfield again and more importantly I'm counter-ignoring the local retard Vic who made this thread so I won't see it anymore.

I just want my last words to be:

Starfield is an unfixable total garbage with no redeeming qualities.

That is all, thank you. Bye.
It will be glorious after ten years of unofficial patching and modding.
Only things that will be changed are NPCs, story, exploration, space and FPS combat, weapons, armors, ship parts, RPG system, economy and inventory, of course.
All sprinkled with new, non sucky textures, character and object models, animations and lighting.

You will have 2tb of downloaded and 5tb unpacked mods.
Which will be joke for your 100tb drive with 100gb/s transfer rates.
And graphics? They will fly on your brand new Intel ArcIA VR 8k graphics card.

Starfield is incredible visionary enterprise as usual from Bethesda, who never strays afar from their everlong quest.
To make products to stand test of time.

Vic

Savant
wait, are these locations you can see from orbit hand-crafted? game keeps surprising me doesn't seem like that's the case, but some indeed are unique, have to do more exploration of this type of content

also, this is useful:

https://starfield.wiki.fextralife.com/Prefixes

items do not actually scale in level, but have different quality prefixes, so the "advanced" gear is the best. Found an advanced va'ruun influctor, which is a weapon that does 520 damage per shot, without mods... now off to finding advanced legendaries with good rolls...

Starfield-9-23-2023-7-00-33-PM.png

Last edited:

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Why decline will never cease, even weeks later when it should be obvious to everyone this is a steaming pile of shit, we have this nice metric to show that goyslop is exactly what the masses want. Half-baked, buggy, diversity filled, pozzed out, dumbed down low IQ garbage is what sells baby! Surely over 50k NPCs can't be wrong?

Better find a new hobby bros, gaming's heyday is pretty much over. It was bad when the normies discovered the internet but these newest batch of gamers the zoomers, take decline to a whole other level with their diversity fixation, room temperature IQs, and Tik-Tok length attention spans.

View attachment 41310
After watching some streams I have to assume that Bethesda has their finger on the scales here, somehow. Starfield and Friends is just so bland in both art style and music that there's no way that Bethesda's trademarked "it just works" gameplay can carry this game to rave reviews in 2023. My only guess is that the pronouns and anti-White bullshit have granted this game protection by the aristocracy.
images

Vic

Savant
I miss the days when Bethesda was praised on Codex as one of the least woke developers.
I can only recall Rusty ever doing this and he's gone.
If we are going to retvrnpost let us RETVRN to the days when there were no cringe apologetics for the biggest decline-enabling developer in the industry.
which is who exactly? The companies which allow you to customize your dick shape on your body type 2 characters?

face it all gaming is decline now but at least starfield has mods which allows you to mod most of the ESG shit out

Shaki

Arbiter
I think it has more fun/varied quests than Oblivion, which I think has the best sidequests from their games.
I gave up after ~10 hours, literally every quest I encountered in new Atlantis, was just a fetch quest, after like 7-8 literal dogshit fetch quests, I was too burned out to keep playing the game.

Go to a warehouse, pick up something and deliver it to me.
Go to a guy and give him item in exchange for another item which you'll bring me.
Run to a quest marker and pick up an item I lost and bring it to me.
Collect 5 bio sensors or whatever shit being spread aroundd the city.
Click "E" on 10 boxes around the city.
Go to a doctor and pick up an item then deliver it to me.
Go give flyers to 3 people then come back to me.
Go "interview" 3 people (click exact same boring dialogue with every one of them) then come back to me.

Oblivion, and even Skyrim quests, looked like writing masterpieces in comparison to the mind-numbingly boring, disgusting shit I encountered in this game so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom