Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Another paltry update. (with the update itself and not just the link).

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfi...PTi/starfield-update-1-7-33-september-25-2023

Starfield 1.7.33 Update - Fixes and Improvements
General
  • Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
  • Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
  • Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
Graphics
  • AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
  • Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
  • Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
Performance and Stability
  • Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
  • Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
Ships
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.
still no promised eat button or fov slider, but at least they are fixing things

the issue with disappearing items from the Mantis ship sounds really bad

Elthosian

Arcane
Another paltry update. (with the update itself and not just the link).

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfi...PTi/starfield-update-1-7-33-september-25-2023

Starfield 1.7.33 Update - Fixes and Improvements
General
  • Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
  • Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
  • Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
Graphics
  • AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
  • Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
  • Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
Performance and Stability
  • Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
  • Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
Ships
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.

They find the time for two AMD-specific issues and not for getting DLSS in? :prosper:

Considering how a single dude was able to get it working in under three days, it looks to me like they don't have many engineers with NVIDIA-specific expertise, or they're dragging their feet to fulfill some AMD exclusivity quota.

potatojohn

Arcane
Finally finished the main quest.

What an outstanding experience this whole game was. It's like Todd reached into my brain and extracted the game that I've wanted since I was a child (plus realistic project management)

LOycna1.jpg

Last edited:

Rainer

Novice
I just realised that Bethesda very simply could have solved the most glaring issue of this game - space travel - with a simple Mount & Blade style "overworld map". It would have made the instance based space combat and planetary approaches a million times more palatable to almost everyone, would be technically simple enough for Bethesda's incompetent developers to implement and open up the world for far greater possibilities of random encounters. It would also have worked well with their procedural planet generation.

What a bunch of retards

Vic

Savant
what's up with this guy? He is in every bar in the galaxy, is he a clone or something? He's there to buy planetary data but he is sitting in every bar, can't be the same guy? Or is he following me.

Starfield-9-26-2023-6-28-15-AM.png

Vic

Savant
Sarah looking better in smooth lighting

Starfield-9-26-2023-6-35-49-AM.png

also first Irish NPC I've seen

Starfield-9-26-2023-6-37-46-AM.png

And water mod really looking dope here

Starfield-9-26-2023-6-44-16-AM.png

All screenshots on potato settings, I haven't messed with any of the optimization mods yet.

Vic

Savant

That estimate comes over a four-year span. In year one, the company projected $600 Million followed by $215 Million in year two. Years three and four see the numbers fall a bit as the game’s lifecycle moves on with projections of $50 million and $35 million, respectively.

[...]

As of publishing, Starfield has seen over 10 million players explore space. Based on that, it seems likely that Bethesda will hit those revenue expectations. Even if only half of the 10 million players purchased the base $70 version of the game, that’s still $350,000,000. With post-launch support and accounting for the deluxe editions of the game, it could be safe to assume the company will have no problem hitting the projects.

Elthosian

Arcane

That estimate comes over a four-year span. In year one, the company projected $600 Million followed by $215 Million in year two. Years three and four see the numbers fall a bit as the game’s lifecycle moves on with projections of $50 million and $35 million, respectively.

[...]

As of publishing, Starfield has seen over 10 million players explore space. Based on that, it seems likely that Bethesda will hit those revenue expectations. Even if only half of the 10 million players purchased the base $70 version of the game, that’s still $350,000,000. With post-launch support and accounting for the deluxe editions of the game, it could be safe to assume the company will have no problem hitting the projects.

Didn't Hogwarts Legacy make more than that in two weeks?

Online data says it got like 2.5M sales on Steam, which has a bigger installed base than Xbox. Highly doubt that another 2.5M players got it full price there considering that GP has penetrated way deeper in the console market. Unless the game gets 6 million new players to subscribe for 6+ months it looks to me like those 10 million players won't be as profitable as a standard release. MS is playing the long game with the ez bucks they get from cloud and other divisions, so I guess it'll become more profitable than the standard model at some point, at least on Xbox.

I just realised that Bethesda very simply could have solved the most glaring issue of this game - space travel - with a simple Mount & Blade style "overworld map". It would have made the instance based space combat and planetary approaches a million times more palatable to almost everyone, would be technically simple enough for Bethesda's incompetent developers to implement and open up the world for far greater possibilities of random encounters. It would also have worked well with their procedural planet generation.

What a bunch of retards

100 planets and overworld navigation would have been wonderful for this game. They should have played Wasteland 3.

abija

Prophet
Starfield is a boomer RPG (read the comments)
Boomers pretend gamers. The guy that rented a sega overnight to play MK with his friend and now thinks he's a hardcore gamer FOR LIFE. "I've been gaming for 30 years and I haven't had this much fun in a long time" = I've played 2h per year, watched some twitch/yt and read ign imagining I'm playing games.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I swear to fucking god the writing in this game is some next level shit.
  • 100 years ago a ship of the bank guild disappeared. All the NPC's are freaking out about how much $$ they'll find on it... you mean all 5$ due to inflation over 100 years?
  • They're freaking out even more because the ship had a VIP lounge, so that meant they could steal the 100 year old login of someone to break into the modern systems.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Caim

Arcane
  • 100 years ago a ship of the bank guild disappeared. All the NPC's are freaking out about how much $$ they'll find on it... you mean all 5$ due to inflation over 100 years?
  • They're freaking out even more because the ship had a VIP lounge, so that meant they could steal the 100 year old login of someone to break into the modern systems.
Should've had a group that's freaking out because the gold on board is going to tank the value because it's being reintroduced into the market, and they hire you to redirect the ship into the system's star and fight off anyone trying to get to it.

It's Dead Money but in reverse.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Ted Price chats with Todd Howard about Bethesda's much anticipated spacefaring RPG, Starfield. Together they discuss the early ideas that led to Starfield and what the first year of development looked like; how they go about designing multiple complex game systems; how their extensive experience in open world RPGs helped them prioritize goals and milestones; building lore for an expansive original IP; and how player creativity has far exceeded their expectations.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

[...]

Didn't Hogwarts Legacy make more than that in two weeks?

Online data says it got like 2.5M sales on Steam, which has a bigger installed base than Xbox. Highly doubt that another 2.5M players got it full price there considering that GP has penetrated way deeper in the console market. Unless the game gets 6 million new players to subscribe for 6+ months it looks to me like those 10 million players won't be as profitable as a standard release. MS is playing the long game with the ez bucks they get from cloud and other divisions, so I guess it'll become more profitable than the standard model at some point, at least on Xbox.

What a bunch of retards

100 planets and overworld navigation would have been wonderful for this game. They should have played Wasteland 3.

Hogwarts is the biggest game this year. I don't think it has left the UK charts since it released.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Meanwhile the first quest I did in The Well was about power brown outs because someone was stealing it to power their quite successful hacking attempts on the bank. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom