Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I replayed Morrowind last year and I used tons of mods to "modernize" the game. I expect the same will be true for Starfield in 10-20 years. Cyberpunk, probably not so much.

Morrowind it ain’t. Nobody will even remember Starfield existed in 10-20 years, nor Cyberpunk.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I absolutely do not believe they will leave the game in this state, they have the potential to make something cool out of the setting, why else tease cool battles and technology throughout the game?

Oh for sure.. """they""" will work really hard to make Starfield amazing.. and by """they""" i mean:

- the pajeet skeleton crew that will be porting this to your toaster
- the modding grifters who will charge you out the ass so you can fish in space and buy cosmetic bumper stickers for the outposts you never go to

--

Vic did you notice that "Skin" mod that you can't apply to anything yet?? That's what "they" will be fixing for you buddy - get out your wallet. Starfield's just getting started.
there are similarities between this and FO76. While the latter is a live service game, I do not believe Todd will leave Starfield half-baked. FO76 was pretty shit on release but received many updates and people consider it now “good”. I can see the same happening with SF because there is a lot being teased in the game. I remain hopeful that the game will receive the support it deserves but anything is possible, including it being abandoned shortly due to bad reception. All cards are still on the table at this moment.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Modders have to work 10 times as hard to fix this piece of shit, that clearly means it's better than Cyberpunk.

-Victard
is your asshole lonely or why are you fishing for brofists using a straw man argument? That's not what I said, but now that you bring it up:

Yes, the fact that Starfield has a much bigger modding community makes it better than cyberpunk in the long run in that regard, because we can look forward to years of mods. I replayed Morrowind last year and I used tons of mods to "modernize" the game. I expect the same will be true for Starfield in 10-20 years. Cyberpunk, probably not so much.

Also I didn't say one is better than the other. Cyberpunk obviously wins in the story telling department. Again, it's the same argument as Skyrim vs Witcher 3. My dislike of Cyberpunk is personal tho, because it's way too edgy and cringe compared to the more chill "boomer" RPG Starfield. But it goes beyond that. I don't like CDPR games because they like to show too much misery in their games. Playing Witcher 3 and seeing all those poor peasants, or playing Cyberpunk and seeing those junkies sleeping in their piss, it's just not something I want to look at in my games.

Problem is what happened with Fallout 4, at first modders flocked there but after seeing how bad the foundations of the game were they went back to Skyrim. Now you get occasional mod that add new armors, weapons and things to build but rarely anything more complex.

I haven't played Starfield but I can see same thing happening with it.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I absolutely do not believe they will leave the game in this state, they have the potential to make something cool out of the setting, why else tease cool battles and technology throughout the game?

Oh for sure.. """they""" will work really hard to make Starfield amazing.. and by """they""" i mean:

- the pajeet skeleton crew that will be porting this to your toaster
- the modding grifters who will charge you out the ass so you can fish in space and buy cosmetic bumper stickers for the outposts you never go to

--

Vic did you notice that "Skin" mod that you can't apply to anything yet?? That's what "they" will be fixing for you buddy - get out your wallet. Starfield's just getting started.
there are similarities between this and FO76. While the latter is a live service game, I do not believe Todd will leave Starfield half-baked. FO76 was pretty shit on release but received many updates and people consider it now “good”. I can see the same happening with SF because there is a lot being teased in the game. I remain hopeful that the game will receive the support it deserves but anything is possible, including it being abandoned shortly due to bad reception. All cards are still on the table at this moment.

People now consider Fallout76 "good"? Which kind of people? The ones who write their names on walls with feces?

Vic

Savant
Modders have to work 10 times as hard to fix this piece of shit, that clearly means it's better than Cyberpunk.

-Victard
is your asshole lonely or why are you fishing for brofists using a straw man argument? That's not what I said, but now that you bring it up:

Yes, the fact that Starfield has a much bigger modding community makes it better than cyberpunk in the long run in that regard, because we can look forward to years of mods. I replayed Morrowind last year and I used tons of mods to "modernize" the game. I expect the same will be true for Starfield in 10-20 years. Cyberpunk, probably not so much.

Also I didn't say one is better than the other. Cyberpunk obviously wins in the story telling department. Again, it's the same argument as Skyrim vs Witcher 3. My dislike of Cyberpunk is personal tho, because it's way too edgy and cringe compared to the more chill "boomer" RPG Starfield. But it goes beyond that. I don't like CDPR games because they like to show too much misery in their games. Playing Witcher 3 and seeing all those poor peasants, or playing Cyberpunk and seeing those junkies sleeping in their piss, it's just not something I want to look at in my games.

Problem is what happened with Fallout 4, at first modders flocked there but after seeing how bad the foundations of the game were they went back to Skyrim. Now you get occasional mod that add new armors, weapons and things to build but rarely anything more complex.

FO4 has 48k mods...

Web-capture-25-9-2023-162527-www-nexusmods-com.jpg

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

-Victard

FO4 has 48k mods...

Web-capture-25-9-2023-162527-www-nexusmods-com.jpg

And overwhelming majority of them are cosmetics.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Modders really are a special breed of stupid if they spend any time trying to fix whatever inept turd Bethesda decided to release at any given time.

In normal games, mods are intended to improve the base. In Bethesda games, the base is such utter incomprehensible garbage that modders basically have to redo the whole game from the ground up, for free, while Todd Howard rakes all the benefits of their hard work.

It's really amazing to think about. This fucking cretin has to put NO effort whatsoever. He has the media on his side because of his shady Hollywood connections, and has an army of imbeciles just itching to finish his games for him free of charge. That wierd eye shit that modders were able to fix in five minutes? Why bother do it yourself. Modders will fix it (and did). In fact, they'll fix the whole game so why spend time on the game at all besides the bare minimum.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finished the laughably short campaign, holy shit what did they spend all those years on?

If you thought Skyrim or Oblivion's worlds were full of boring filler - this game makes those look amazing and interesting.

ArchAngel

Arcane
After a quest brought me to a random planet to land and find some dude I decided to run around a bit and scan stuff for XP. Then I ran into Terrormorphs fighting Achila that I decided earlier should be used to kill Terrormorphs, I like little details like that. Then I also found a Vanguard going around with its own Achila looking for Terrormorphs and he gives you a tiny quest to patrol the area with him. Game for sure has more exploration than FO4 where it was all boring and either bugs or bandits with little interesting going on.
But it seems most of the money went to pay for VO, there are so many extra VO that has no purpose but to launder money :D

Vic

Savant
After a quest brought me to a random planet to land and find some dude I decided to run around a bit and scan stuff for XP. Then I ran into Terrormorphs fighting Achila that I decided earlier should be used to kill Terrormorphs, I like little details like that. Then I also found a Vanguard going around with its own Achila looking for Terrormorphs and he gives you a tiny quest to patrol the area with him. Game for sure has more exploration than FO4 where it was all boring and either bugs or bandits with little interesting going on.
But it seems most of the money went to pay for VO, there are so many extra VO that has no purpose but to launder money :D
Aceles*

ArchAngel

Arcane
Aceles*
I wonder if that quest can be a valid metric for how many of the players are Pureblood.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
FO4 has 48k mods...

A lot of those mods are shirts and socks.
They have the Sim Settlements thing which is pretty amazing but overall Fallout 4 quality of mods are really kinda shit / boring.

If you are looking for new locations or indepth quests or NPC overhauls or any mods that genuinely change your gameplay / progression / the way you interact with the world, you have better luck playing New Vegas.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah very few of those bazillion mods actually do anything worthwhile. A lot are simple UI tweaks, clothes etc and most are duplicates with slightly different names or version numbers.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Another paltry update. (with the update itself and not just the link).

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfi...PTi/starfield-update-1-7-33-september-25-2023

Starfield 1.7.33 Update - Fixes and Improvements
General
  • Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
  • Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
  • Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
Graphics
  • AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
  • Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
  • Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
Performance and Stability
  • Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
  • Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
Ships
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.

Last edited:

Rhobar121

Scholar
Another paltry update. (with the update itself and not just the link).

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfi...PTi/starfield-update-1-7-33-september-25-2023

Starfield 1.7.33 Update - Fixes and Improvements
General
  • Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
  • Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
  • Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
Graphics
  • AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
  • Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
  • Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
Performance and Stability
  • Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
  • Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
Ships
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
  • Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.
The number of fixes is pathetic considering how much time has passed since the game's release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom