Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starsector - RT 2D indie space goodness

flyingjohn

Arcane
Does anyone here have the latest version of Dassault Mikoyan mod? Im currently upgrading my mod collection to 0.9.6a version but from what i saw on Starsector forums there was some modder drama or smt like that and creator of this mod removed it, im not even sure if it was updated to the latest release tbh.
No updates,just drama.

LizardWizard

Cipher

cpmartins

Cipher
Does anyone here have the latest version of Dassault Mikoyan mod? Im currently upgrading my mod collection to 0.9.6a version but from what i saw on Starsector forums there was some modder drama or smt like that and creator of this mod removed it, im not even sure if it was updated to the latest release tbh.
Oh what did that zanny tranny-infested cancer that is the starsector forums/discord did this time?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Maybe I missed something, but FS forum were relatively bearable last time I checked. I'm not touching discord content with a ten-feet pole though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What I hate about discord is the older shit you have to scroll endlessly backwards/forwards. Forums are far easier to navigate.

cpmartins

Cipher
Maybe I missed something, but FS forum were relatively bearable last time I checked. I'm not touching discord content with a ten-feet pole though.
It is, if you have some tolerance to it. I have none.
What I hate about discord is the older shit you have to scroll endlessly backwards/forwards. Forums are far easier to navigate.
Some mods only get posted to discord unfortunately.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Oh what did that zanny tranny-infested cancer that is the starsector forums/discord did this time?
I found summary of this situation on Starector modding discord, sounds really petty and like a waste of time so i dont want to search deeper with this.

Z6Zkkk6.png

Some attached forum posts
soren_1_pause.png

soren_2_if_you_cant_handle_me_at_my_worst.png

soren_3_uninvited.png

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
"So I killed that group of fighters"
"Excuse me?!?"
"Sorry I meant "made unliving""
"You're a space necromancer?!?"
"Fuck you"

ah the future

Alter Sack

Magister
So what mods do you normally combine?

In 0.95 I used:

Diablo Avionics
Interstellar Imperium
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Nexerelin
ScalarTech Solutions
Seeker Unidentified contacts
Ship/Weapon pack
Superweapons arsenal
Tahlan Shipworks
Underworld

Any recommendations for 0.96?

Zariusz

Arbiter

In 0.95 I used:

Diablo Avionics
Interstellar Imperium
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Nexerelin
ScalarTech Solutions
Ship/Weapon pack
Superweapons arsenal
Tahlan Shipworks
Underworld

Main stuff:

Legacy of Arkgneisis 1 ( mostly for secret ships, there is sweet unused fully working capital ship in files)
Ship/Weapon pack 1
Nexerelin 1
Tahlan Shipworks 1
( asshole modder keeps removing ships from time to time, if you want to reimplement certain stuff i recommend to keep few backups of older versions)
ScalarTech Solutions 1
Magellan Protectorate 3
Blackrock Driveyards 3
New level of confidence ( 25lvl or 40lvl version) 1
Starship Legends 1
SpeedUp 1
Dassault Mikoyan Engineering 3
Torchships 2
( remember to edit faction fleet doctrine file, few custom ships are set to preffered and this can prevent ships of the same class to appear on markets and in npc faction fleets, for example Ludic Church file has this overrite)
Xhan Empire 1
Apex Design Collective 1
Diable Avionics 2
Scy Nation 2
Volkov Industrial Conglomerate
i dont remember
Kadur Remnant 2

1 - up to date version
2 - you only have to edit version data in files
3 - fan patch needed

Since now i dont have access to my PC i can only tell you from my memory, some stuff could change.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Anyone has a list of QOL mods like radio chatter, better aiming, more varied planets etc that don't change the gameplay (too much)?

Üstad

Arcane

In 0.95 I used:

Diablo Avionics
Interstellar Imperium
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Nexerelin
ScalarTech Solutions
Ship/Weapon pack
Superweapons arsenal
Tahlan Shipworks
Underworld

Starship Legends I didn't try this one since I didn't play the game for a long time, but it seems interesting, gonna install when I get back to play Starsector.

This one also seems interesting.

None

Scholar
Wasn't it ~3 months between the patch notes being put up for 9.6 and its release? I know it was at least a month back then.
We're anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Aka Soon™. Figured there's enough in the patch notes for anyone who wants to talk about it. I'm amused to see yet another pass over skills, he just can't quite stay happy with any one implementation.

Cologno

Educated
Yeah, i guess it has been about a year. It seems like a bigger update than usual. I see on the forums mentioned Alex is thinking of making it .97. I also kind of wish he'd leave the skills alone for awhile. They've been pretty solid for the last few years.

Gamezor

Learned
I have been playing this quite a bit, and it's definitely worth buying and playing now for anyone who might be reading this thread. I'm starting to find that I'm still enjoying discovering new things, but the core game play loop I've been doing of exploration/salvage has been getting pretty boring. I don't want anyone to tell me the most optimal way to make money since figuring that out is part of the fun for me, but it seems like you pretty much have to create colonies and grind them up with better stuff if you want to create an income bass big enough to support large fleets. I have a pretty decent sized armada, but it's so damn expensive to roll the whole thing out and go kick ass that I just take my little crappy ships off and salvage instead most of the time. It does not seem like the bounties are ever enough to justify taking them. I could do smuggling, but slowly flying around with my transponder off all the time dodging patrols sounds boring as shit.

I also am shit at the ship piloting so I just let the AI play the battles for me on autopilot, so I'm missing this huge component of the game.

Basically, I think it's an awesome game, maybe just not an awesome game for my tastes. I've definitely had fun with it and would maybe wait for 1.0 and then a bunch of mods to give it another run.

MerchantKing

Learned
That pronoun thing, the "sir, ma'am, captain" title part. Have they removed that?
7GdEcGh.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom