Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starship Troopers: Terran Command - survival RTS from Order of Battle devs

exe

Augur
Voiceacting is pretty terrible too. Most bored "here they come" when charged by horde of killerbugs I have ever heard.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Looks awfully budget, but with the trigger happy Verhoeven's take on Starship Troopers (which became canonical anyway) it might actually be quite fun. Somehow the gameplay reminds me of Myth (pacing) and Dark Colony (troopers). If it won't become a tower defense, I'd might actually try it, at least if devs won't pull some scammy pricing like they did with Order Of Battle.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like it will have a pretty buggy release.

And I generally avoid games that report bugs before even being playable.
Seriously makes you wonder about the number of bug reports on that one.
:yeah:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
where is there a tanker throwing plasma? I can't find what you are talking about.

Left side, down, 00:23. Shooting at the troops on the walls. It lacks animations for basic movement.
Nice catch!
It is a good think the game will be RT tactics. I wonder how they will make trooper death meaningful, though, as they seem to come in large squads.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It looks like an exceptionally bland RTS with bad production values. I would have much rather had something turn-based or MechCommander with power armor if they wanted to go the real-time route.

Not sure why anyone would bother making an RTS in this day and age, especially without the budget to make it stand out.

rezaf

Cipher
where is there a tanker throwing plasma? I can't find what you are talking about.

Left side, down, 00:23. Shooting at the troops on the walls. It lacks animations for basic movement.

If you look at the actual bugs ON the walls, they seem to have a ... shall we say limited selection of movement frames as well.
Same with the mech, which actually reminds me of ...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You guys, seriously....

"They aren't making any RTS games anymore!"

*someone makes an RTS game, showing obviously unfinished gameplay and a limited budget*
"This looks like shit and not at all like the perfect AAA that I want!"

I'd think twice about making RTS games as well with potential customers like that :lol:

Dayyālu

Arcane
*someone makes an RTS game, showing obviously unfinished gameplay and a limited budget*

You misunderstand. I'm happy it isn't another PG clone, but at least put a ALPHA VERSION somewhere or try not to make the half-finished animations and effects so blatant.

Again, I don't expect the sync-kills out of Dawn of War, I expect not to see bugs clipping through walls on a official release.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
I mean, sure, they should have added something along the lines of "unfished alpha bla" in there.
Bit of a marketing fail.

But do you really need that to see that a final version of this game is pretty damn unlikely to have animations for their main "protagonists" that would rival Big Rigs?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
They are doing their part by creating this game, are y'all?

Given the films production values, they managed surprisingly good creature effects with that bug warrior.

I mean, sure, they should have added something along the lines of "unfished alpha bla" in there.
Bit of a marketing fail.

But do you really need that to see that a final version of this game is pretty damn unlikely to have animations for their main "protagonists" that would rival Big Rigs?

it actually says "alpha game play footage at the top"

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Bit of a marketing fail.

Holy shit, you are right.
Didn't see that as that is where YouTube displays the title (if you don't move your mouse away or go fullscreen).
Seems like I wasn't the only one, either.

Lesson learned: Don't put that there :lol:

Vatnik Wumao
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1202130/view/2936874922593809320
UPDATE FROM FEDERAL NETWORK
We have an important update on the game.
5ba801abe4e2ac9ca813ada33f7b61521ca17285.jpg

The pandemic has sent more bugs our way.

When we first announced Starship Troopers: Terran Command in December 2019, FedNet soon became overwhelmed by the response and interest from people all over the globe who added it to their wishlists.

Therefore, the Federal Council authorized allocating additional resources toward development to ensure the quality of the game will meet fans' expectations.

Then the pandemic hit the team hard, compromising efficiency and disrupting plans for mobilizing a launch in 2020.

As a result of these factors, the game has now been moved to the second quarter of next year, but don't despair as you will soon be able to do your part with a chance to enlist in the closed beta tests. Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think it’s stupid to reuse the movie’s style. It was closely tied to the political satire the movie pitched.
Anyway in this universe I wan’t to play as bugs.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think it’s stupid to reuse the movie’s style. It was closely tied to the political satire the movie pitched.
Anyway in this universe I wan’t to play as bugs.
The older squad based RTS managed to follow the movie conventions, while also having power armor. I hope this one has them too, because it was an important part of the book.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks fun.

tumblr_pbrw14RRe01x6m6njo2_1280.gif

The only thing I notice is that line of sight seems a bit wonky. But I guess that goes for RTS games in general.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1202130/view/2890738395483663033

Try the demo of Starship Troopers - Terran Command on October 1st
We're going to war! Are you doing your part?

Try the demo of Starship Troopers - Terran Command on October 1st

We have great news: Starship Troopers - Terran Command will be doing its part in the Steam Next Festival, and everyone will be able to download and play the demo.

The demo will contain two scenarios, including “Peace of Mine.” This is an early scenario that already features most of the game’s key mechanics: players will deploy the Mobile Infantry to defend a central outpost, which will serve as the staging point to reactivate mining facilities and clear out all bugs nests in the surrounding area.

1f7a8b9fcb0845317f97e2a42002119335d32293.jpg

We know that you’ve been looking forward to more news about the game. From our side, we’re looking forward to hearing what you think. We can’t commit to a specific release date yet as we want to act on the feedback we will receive. We only ask you, if you’re willing, to give us your honest opinions on the missions you’re going to play, so that we can ensure that the game lives up to fans expectations. You can share your feedback on the upcoming Starship Troopers - Terran Command Discord server, which will be launched on October 1st.

“Releasing a Starship Troopers - Terran Command demo at Steam Next Fest was a key decision in the development pipeline”, said David Sharrock. Executive Producer of the game. “We really want this game to deliver on the promise of a true Starship Troopers experience, and collecting feedback from the players is an important milestone of this process”.

The Starship Troopers - Terran Command demo will be freely available on Steam from Friday, October 1st at 5 PM GMT to Thursday, October 7th at 5 PM GMT.

160203c8d99877f8b9c3c124db6ccbf9637f4c3f.jpg

About Starship Troopers - Terran Command:

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling single player real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat in a 20 missions long story campaign. Build, develop and control your armies to strike an effective balance between tactical superiority and strength in numbers. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!

More information on its
product page

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom