Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement regarding the recent doxxing of an RPG Codex user by the Administration

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
10180.jpg

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ate-customer-data.102339/page-32#post-4093737
That's been actioned.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
So did any of the people who were upset that DU had access to their info in the other thread take him up on the offer to have it deleted?
It's the fact that he's willing to use the information in such a way, not that he has access to it, you creepy little rapist-in-training.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Effectively doxxing someone (potentially with privileged information that I was entrusted with) even if that person has doxxed and has threatened to doxx other users, is not on.

:bro:

I stand corrected.

Good to know that Teh Management(TM) realises that privacy is a serious issue. Even when the user is an asshole.

Although I don't know how we can prevent this happening in future. Best way is probably setting up Paypal accounts with fake names.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it normal if you freak out when the cashier at the supermarket calls you by your name after seeing it on your credit card

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You have some nerve thinking you can use my graphics shitposts.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Is it normal if you freak out when the cashier at the supermarket calls you by your name after seeing it on your credit card
Not even close to the same thing here but keep it up with the false equivalency, basically your specialty.

Nael

Arcane
Such a moving story. It's good to know that there are human beings in the Codex, after all.

Nope. We're all DU just playing a hoax on you for our own twisted amusement. You're in my world now, buddy.

5.jpg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

No, but if the owner of the shady strip club/brothel you sometimes visit in disguise and use a fake name at shows up at your office during a management meeting saying OH HI BOB YOU REALLY MADE A MESS IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM LAST NIGHT, AND SORRY BUT CRYSTAL IS ALL BOOKED FOR TONIGHT! you might be little unhappy about it.

Context motherfucker. Do you know it?

Don Peste

Arcane
I read the whole brick in JFK voice and it was awesome.
Also I might use some bits for my English homework.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can we go back to being the last cool forum on the internet now? Pretty please?

More Codexers need to discover badgame.net so they can feel less anxious about the idea of possibly losing a gaming forum where you can say the word "nigger"

sy897e4.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Screenshot is unfortunately missing the ever-so-gross "Cosplay MEGATHREAD, aka I Want To Cum On Jessica Nigri's Big Fat Tits" thread.

Aenra

The sad thing Menckenstein is your attitude, not infinimod's reply. End of the day, he has a (semi) formal function here, myself and yours, we do not;

You and another idiot (who tweeted Fargo) elevated a single (and petty) error into a situation where, be it from ego, actual obligations or both, DU had no choice but to enforce more rules(TM). For "our own good(TM)", which is what i infered to by my 'too many 'americans' statement in the feedback thread. You do know "for your own good(TM)" right? Like when they go all the way to checking your anus prior to boarding your plane? For your own good? Not a day after a ten year old went ahead anyway and passed chemicals just fine and dandy? When you cannot even joke about explosion without someone adding you to a list? That kind.
When hyperbole and paranoia run rampart, we always end up with more regulations, more instructions, unwritten rules and obligations. We always end up worse, and as a true (pan)american, you helped the codex result to doing just that. This is what is sad. Your fucking hyperbole and selfishness. Hyperbole in light of the problem itself, selfishness in light of your hoping to earn some brofists from making that thread.

It is never about more policing. It is about preventing, and/or rendering the cause non worthy. Your quest for freedom(TM) and brofist harvesting resulted, once more, in a gestapo self-fulfilment prophecy. You fucking american. With a non-capital 'a'. You, Brut, the other asshole who said "if i cannot threaten Scrooge with rape this is not the Codex"? Assholes like you are the reason we get our "toys" (to quote DU) taken from us. So well done

/salute

Baron

Arcane
That's been actioned.
I'd just like to quietly note that when I answered the Nazi death squad's inquiry with "Oh, no problem, he's just over there..." that I didn't intend for them to walk over and shoot him. In hindsight I'm not sure why I didn't put that together. I figure Cow won't mind however, given he fell upon his sword with admirable nobility. Well played, sir.

I once donated to the Codex, thinking to give something back to the void that had already taken so much spare time and humanity away from me.* So, in my paranoia and foresight, I used a prepaid credit card with a random name, being more fearful of my information being inappropriately used by some credit card company than the 'Dex. After the Ryan Morrison dramas I changed my 'Dex email contact to gurpal singh @ hotmail. I figure there must be a Gurpal Singh, that he's probably in India, and if someone wants to stalk and kill me and they should start looking for overseas Gurpals.

So whilst I've always been careful with private information it gives one pause when info is taken from financial or internal sources.

I get a mistake was made, and, with the help of lawyers, and apology was issued [Your alignment has changed to Lawful Neutral]. The concern remains that for those who value privacy (ie. are employed) it's either don't say stupid shit, or don't provide private info. And well, if one can't say stupid shit one might as well lurk.** Without a system that guarantees privacy from human error or vindictiveness I couldn't imagine donating again or joining a Kickstarter. And I hope that changes some day.

With the prospect of being cautious about what I type, by not posting drunk as God Himself intended me to, by not joining into community fundraisers, by not pointing out that Ryan Morrison donated an unknown amount of Kickstarter money along with a small handful of other people the week in which an unknown person made a $5000 donation to the Grimoire FPS which he represented - money that was later withdrawn, and most of all, by not reading posts from Ironyuri... a great deal of :obviously: has departed.

* Tits thread aside
** DU's warning regarding recent laws noted

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Its as if they took GD, mixed it into some games discussion and put it in one bowl.

We arguably have something similar going on in Prosperland these days, but there are too few posters there to reach the same level of magnitude.

Zeriel

Arcane

Don't know what strange land you live in, but here they put your name on the receipt and make a point to call you by it every time. It's fucking annoying, but puts things in perspective I guess.

On topic, I can't believe anyone thought there was any merit to this drama. As usual, DU is in the right and the autistic userbase just can't restrain their power level. "IT'S OPPRESSION WHEN YOU DON'T LET ME DOXX AND STALK EVERYONE!"

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom