Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Steam curators

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Alpha protocol on list ? if you like so much shooters, stalker is a much better option.
stalker has zero rpg elements besides an inventory and some marginal c&c. alpha prot might be a mass effect ripoff mechanically, but c&c wise it is pure heaven.
For something as popamole as a steam list, it's better to be more inclusive than exclusive. If we can save but a single soul by including dark souls oblivion or dishonored skyrim or what have you, we should.

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
I wouldn't go that far.
a) at the moment we don't even show up as curators for people who aren't following us, and that's unlikely to ever change, so not a single soul will be saved because we showed up recommending a game it liked and thus managed to stumble upon us through it. people will either find us because they know the dex, at which point it is irrelevant what we recommend, or by doing stuff like searching the curator list for rpg, at which point they are probably looking for a list of rpgs, so no reason to be more inclusive from that point of view.
b) if you include dishonored you might as well include skyrim (ok, oblivion was hyperbole) since they are p. much the same genre and equally liked here. i'd rather avoid giving off the impression that the codex endorses skyrim or dishonored for being rpgs.
c) the watch is already putting non-rpgs on their list. do you want to be like the watch?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
wow so it's a bad rpg and didn't make it to a top rpgs list?

stop the presses!!!!

Mortmal

Arcane
i'd rather avoid giving off the impression that the codex endorses skyrim (...) for being rpgs.

rpg = gaem i liek
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453 show me skyrim on the list.
Its good you link that list . No alpha protocol there, Witcher1-2 seems to be liked , sold on steam but not on curator list .The codex "official" curator list is just some vocal members forcing their prefered game list on everyone.Like they forced the stupidest subdivision of forum, with jrpgs subforum containing more true rpgs than GRPG.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Its good you link that list . No alpha protocol there, Witcher1-2 seems to be liked , sold on steam but not on curator list .
alpha prot is number 29 and is only on the curator list because it really is exceptional in regards to its reactivity. witcher not being on the curator list goes back to the argument of whether we just parse the top lists or actually include somewhat codexian (the stuff the codex pretends to like vs the stuff the codex actually likes) stuff.
Like they forced the stupidest subdivision of forum, with jrpgs subforum containing more true rpgs than GRPG.
you're right, the times where mentioning jrpgs was a big fucking no-no were so much better than having a jrpg forum.

Drax

Arcane
ww0kcx.jpg

:shunthenonbeliever:

Mortmal

Arcane

Thats not exactly true, he just did this because he was bored with wastelands 2 and trying it out. He was chatting with me, not really playing oblivion, hes a good boy i swear.He will try daggerfall soon.

Its good you link that list . No alpha protocol there, Witcher1-2 seems to be liked , sold on steam but not on curator list .
alpha prot is number 29 and is only on the curator list because it really is exceptional in regards to its reactivity. witcher not being on the curator list goes back to the argument of whether we just parse the top lists or actually include somewhat codexian (the stuff the codex pretends to like vs the stuff the codex actually likes) stuff.
Like they forced the stupidest subdivision of forum, with jrpgs subforum containing more true rpgs than GRPG.
you're right, the times where mentioning jrpgs was a big fucking no-no were so much better than having a jrpg forum.

Stalker has inventory, stats on guns, mods, have a bigger feeling of freedom and exploration.Overall it has an oldschool feeling AP doesnt have with his corridor levels.

Mortmal

Arcane
But but... i have just been informed that drax played 64 hours oblivion and 317 HOURS IN SKYRIM!!!!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom