Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Steam Greenlight: RPG Highlights

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Crooked Bee, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Tags: Age of Decadence; Cinemax; Driftmoon; Expeditions: Conquistador; Frayed Knights; Inquisitor; Instant Kingdom; Iron Tower Studios; Logic Artists; Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox; OlderBytes; Rampant Games; Stygian Software; Swords and Sorcery: Underworld; Underrail; Visual Outbreak

As you know, Steam has launched its community rating service, Steam Greenlight, a system that developers can contribute their games to, which can then get upvoted by the community in order to pick those that will be granted the honor of being accepted on Steam. You can read more about it in the official FAQ. However, submissions seem to be unmoderated at the moment, and there's a lot of "white noise" games being submitted, so good ones can get lost and remain unnoticed. Here is a list of indie RPGs currently on Greenlight that might be worthy of your vote, with links to their Greenlight pages:
    Obviously, only those with a non-dummy Steam account can up- or downvote a game. Someone should tell the Knights of the Chalice dev to submit it there. Maybe if it makes it on Steam we can finally get a sequel.

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It is kind of hard to locate promising new games in Steam's interface, unless you already know what you're looking for. Since inclusion on Steam is such an important factor for a game's success nowadays, posting a link and recommendation for voting on Steam Greenlight should be standard practice for any good indie game we find from now on.

^ Top  
  3. thesoup Arcane

thesoup
    Sticky this thread and update it with new stuff that is worth voting for and notify when something makes it to steam.:salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^ Top  
  5. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    Project: Eternity
    Thanks for the inclusion, Bee. :)

I also ran into Verlies which was discussed here a while back.

^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Crooked Bee, it is possible to create "collections" of games on Greenlight. How about an official Codex collection of recommended games?

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  7. thesoup Arcane

thesoup
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Man, there seems to be a lot of really bad games on those 21 pages...

Except for the ones mentioned by Bee (and even some of those don't look promising) the others look horrendous.

^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    The feature has just been launched - it will probably take time for some of the more serious projects to put something together.

^ Top  
  10. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    Anyone know if Dead State is planning to be there? I'm quite surprised it isn't already.

^ Top  
  11. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!

Exactly what I was about to say. 99% of indie games are garbage.

^ Top  
  12. sea inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    Brofisted all of them. Thanks for pointing this out!

^ Top  
  13. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^ Top  
  14. Rivmusique Arcane Patron

Rivmusique
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Holy shit Zombeer was on the front page when I looked. Why?

Anyway, +1 for what Bee suggested.

^ Top  
  15. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Knights of the Chalice would be a nice incline to Steam.... and perhaps the sales could help the sequel....

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. EG Nullified

EG
    ^ Top  
  17. deus101 Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!

deus101
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    Steam greenlight huh....

Did someone say....KNIGHTS OF THE CHALICE?!

^ Top  
  18. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'll look into it, sure.

^ Top  
  19. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I just created a "RPGCodex Pet Projects" collection and added all the games on Bee's list: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93274798

Discuss!

P.S. I would also add Kenshi, the samurai free-roaming squad based RPG (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92933311) to the list.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • butthurt butthurt x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. asper Arcane

asper
    It seems a lot of favourites are needed to get a game on steam. Almost everything has 0%, Inquisitor has 1% with 800 votes, so you need 80 000 favourites to get your game on steam...?

^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    :bro: but wouldn't the Codex staff have preferred to be in charge of this?

^ Top  
  22. Charles-cgr OlderBytes Developer

Charles-cgr
    I think they set the bar very high in the beginning but will adapt to how things go after a while. They really don't want to have to go back and tell people "Sorry, you got 100% but we're not going to include you because many others did as well and they're better."

I don't even understand what "1% Calculated ratings so far" really means in this context. Intentionally vague?

^ Top  
  23. EG Nullified

EG
    Well, looks like PZ dropped to 4% with ~14,000 favorites.

So, some recalibration is in the works, I guess.

^ Top  
  24. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    You can consider this as me volunteering to take care of this aspect of the Codex hive. If the current staffers want to do it themselves, deleting a collection is easy as pie. It's not like I get anything out of it. I do it just for the glory of the codex (and the :incline: of RPGs).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    OK. So, is that Call of Cthulhu game worthy of inclusion?

Codex threads about it:
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/call-of-cthulhu-the-wasted-land-coming-to-pc.71381/
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-wasted-land.67785/

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.