Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Steam Greenlight: RPG Highlights

sser

Arcane
Developer
Been playing the neo scavenger demo for a bit. It's UI has a rather ancient and thus clumsy feel but the game is pretty damn solid. Post apoc scavenging and survival with rpg and oldskool adventure influences. Defenitely got that Wasteland vibe going, though it's way more focused on survival.

Died of starvation once, then from blood loss, then for the first time found a great stash of stuff in a house and got killed moments later by a raider. Harsh. I like.

Thank you for wasting three hours of my life, Trash.

Know how it feels. It's an early demo and already is a timesink for me. Defenitely something I'll keep my eyes on.

And I just keep dying. Usually from a culmination of factors that steadily grow worse over time. Thing is nasty.

Infections get me most of the time. I think using dirty rags to heal shitty wounds is the problem there. I'm still figuring out how to actually craft things together; the game is kinda vague on a lot of those features.

Getting into fights with bandits is kinda brutal. Reminds me of Dwarf Fortress, with two men in a field bashing each other with crowbars, frightened and threatening each other before one finally gets his head stove in and the other takes his things, walks a few feet, and dies of blood loss. GRIMDARK.

EG

Nullified
Booze + dirty rags == clean rags.

In the Items screen, just place them on the left slot and click confirm (assuming you've enough ticks left).

Or, that's my recon.

Only attack when they're vulnerable . . . or when you can kick them. ;)

EG

Nullified
Last two times I found a rifle. No ammo but most bandits simply run off when you threaten with it. Those dog things however? Not so much.

Found a rifle.

Died.

Found bullets.

Died.

A shame, if you take botany, you can't take the caster oil plant out of the cryo center with you.
If you stack yourself for melee combat, it gets much easier to survive. I've not really found any use outside of the center for hacking.

EG

Nullified
Ah, but with melee and hiding tagged, you can just keep mauling them without fear.

Weapons are a bit odd, though. Any idea how damage is calculated? Is a rifle butt superior to a crowbar?

*Takes Strong perk*
*Kills dogman*

The fuck? :decline:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
No idea. Last time I used a rifle to bash someone the rifle fell apart. I always pick melee and strong but anything in combat feels very random. Perhaps I'll try hiding for good measure.

And I did kill a dogman with bare hands once. Died of bloodloss from that one later on though.

As it is the game really needs work on the UI. All the mouse clicking is tiresome.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
played neo scavanger - you can actually defeat the wolfman at the start without a scratch by choosing strong+tough (or melee, can't remember). You even get a special item that i don't know what it does.
Game needs to tone down on the mouse dragging somehow.

EG

Nullified
The combat looks excessively boring, Metro.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Possibly -- I'm assuming since there are classes there would be other spells/abilities that aren't depicted.

Black

Arcane
What's the deal with AoD's support? By reading the comments (because I hate myself) it seems people really like it but it's still on 1%. Damn, after seeing that it's 1% for so long I refreshed and it said 0%.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Don't even try to understand that percentage thing. It's there to get people talking and buzzing.

EG

Nullified
Almost 2000 favorites isn't supportive?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Upvotes fill the percentages. Favorite just keeps track of it (of course you'd assume anyone who puts it on a favorites list would also upvote it). In the end I think very few (quality) games will actual get the required votes but that still doesn't mean they won't be on Steam. It's just a marketing tool to get people more involved and catch a few titles that have proven interest and would have otherwise fallen through the cracks.

EG

Nullified
Ah, but we don't know the number of votes. Let me have my assumption!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah that's the odd thing. I've seen some percentages fluctuate backwards and forwards over the last couple of days. A Valve employee posted on the forums and said downvotes do NOT counter upvotes so it isn't possibly to 'lose' support. Of course, why even have a downvote in that case is beyond me.

EG

Nullified
Yeah that's the odd thing. I've seen some percentages fluctuate backwards and forwards over the last couple of days. A Valve employee posted on the forums and said downvotes do NOT counter upvotes so it isn't possibly to 'lose' support. Of course, why even have a downvote in that case is beyond me.

I'd assume the higher value is the correct one, due to the post here: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/news/?appid=765

They'll fix it. Maybe.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So me downvoting near everything is as pointless as it seemed in the first place ?

Black

Arcane
No, man, you've finally found your raison d'etre, keep doing what fulfils you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom