Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STEAM HOLIDAY SALE -80%, GOG and D2D get in there too

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Picked up The Void and Culpa Innata.

Are World of Goo and Braid everything they're cracked up to be? What about "AaaaAA"?

Armacalypse

Scholar
Ion Flux said:
I'll finally be getting Soldiers: Heroes of WWII from GOG @ $7.49 but I have no idea when I'll have time to play it. I guess I won't be sleeping much.
That game has two sequels, of which Men of War is the best and most recent. I'd get that instead if your computer can handle it.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
wattk.jpg

...?

emoemotnotsmug.gif

relootz

Scholar
wtf? Dragon Age has a "digital deluxe edition"? What travesty is that. :codexrage:

From what I've read, Jagged Alliance 2 and XCOM UFO Defense are both too good to simply be removed from a figurative inventory. Are there any problems with the steam versions, unofficial patches or other such things I should know about before proceeding?

Nael

Arcane
Big Nose George said:
1rdyye.jpg

Fat Gabe selling indies for 1 dorra. Killing the industry. Its immoral to buy games at those prices.

I think that's actually a picture of Gabe selling off his interns at the slave market. What a great life he must live.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Man the codex is becoming a pirate den. I remember in 2005-6 I had an account but I think I got banned by VD because I posted a direct link to a Daggerfall torrent. That or I lost the password. Anyhow pirate shit I agree your morals are pointless you cannot be moral in an amoral world, fuck yeah who cares. You wanted profit and individualism and political pragmatism and efficiency thinking, well you got them now stop whining. What are you actually proud of yourself for paying instead of pirating? Either way you only do it for that, feeling good about yourself, shed away those useless feelings yeaaaahhh

reaven

Educated
stuffed mickey said:
From what I've read, Jagged Alliance 2 and XCOM UFO Defense are both too good to simply be removed from a figurative inventory. Are there any problems with the steam versions, unofficial patches or other such things I should know about before proceeding?
Get jagged alliance 2 over gog.com, its cheaper and i heard the valve one used to give problems.
X-com games run great over steam, and I installed an unofficial patch without problems.

i never bought team fortress 2. :( worth it? It's -$5 now. but maybe they'll just mark it down further in the next few days? decisions, decisions. :(

oh also i was thinking about getting the garry's mod. is there anything worthwhile for that? the mod itself doesnt interest me but the user-created gameplay modes might. any really good ones?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
forgotmypasswordagain said:
i never bought team fortress 2. :( worth it? It's -$5 now. but maybe they'll just mark it down further in the next few days? decisions, decisions. :(

its worth the 5$ give it a try

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I got Braid and it was worth the 2 ewok-dollars it cost.

Nothing else is worth the price on the steam sale at least.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Elzair said:
PirateBay is having a sale too! I heard the prices are VERY AFFORDABLE.

Trying to torrent oldish games (or even ones released as long as six months ago and weren't AAA mainstream releases) isn't much fun, so Steam/GOG sales are a pretty good way to go.

Plus, with The Void, I wanted to pay for it even though I've already torrented and played it almost to completion.

MetalCraze

Arcane
reaven said:
stuffed mickey said:
Get jagged alliance 2 over gog.com, its cheaper and i heard the valve one used to give problems.
X-com games run great over steam, and I installed an unofficial patch without problems.

There is only one non-jew version of JA2 and it's a Talonsoft version. Ignore all other - they have stuff cut out - especially the Gold one.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
Man the codex is becoming a pirate den. I remember in 2005-6 I had an account but I think I got banned by VD because I posted a direct link to a Daggerfall torrent. That or I lost the password. Anyhow pirate shit I agree your morals are pointless you cannot be moral in an amoral world, fuck yeah who cares. You wanted profit and individualism and political pragmatism and efficiency thinking, well you got them now stop whining. What are you actually proud of yourself for paying instead of pirating? Either way you only do it for that, feeling good about yourself, shed away those useless feelings yeaaaahhh

Bro the whole world is a pirate den now :stonerraptor:

Redeye

Arcane
dabs.png

So there is no "Smartness Enhanced" version, or "better dungeon design" version?

Nice to know I can get a digital deluxe version of a steaming pile.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
16 gigs?
how many 0's and 1's does one need to type the word shit?

Mortmal

Arcane
The dragon age digital deluxe edition is just basic dragon age + first dlc and a few more in game items, aye such luxury is astonishing.
Nothing worth getting on steam as usual, the only interest in it is if you live in some thirld world country like france, and worse not only in france but int he country,with no shop close, where your mail is more and more often lost or quite simply stolen.
Cant blame them since they privatize it, and pay peanuts, for short term contracts the guys who sort out the mail.
Else i only buy on amazon.UK its 30% to 40% cheaper than steam all the time on he latest game, yes the ones you really want, not some oldies years later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom