Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Steam Next Fest, February 2023: Demos of upcoming RPGs available from February 6th to 13th

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
1. What do you mean by free? I hope you're talking only about keys to alpha testers, and not in general.
yeah rap2h , you need money to stop making games on 13" display

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried Arcaidan Atlas. It tries to be Final Fantasy tactics, but it is far from it. E for effort, though. I think the heroes are self inserts of her and her husband. There could be something decent here, but the loading times are too long, the music sounds like elevator music, and the style feel like it is all over the place.

Banchou Tactics. One of the first dialogs is "Keep you hand out of her!" As you can understand, the translation is hilariously bad. Another tactical rpg, but in high school setting. At least, this one tries its own thing, compared to all other Final Fantasy tactics wannabes. You might be thinking, but Persona, and all of those imitators! Banchou characters feel more like Yakuza thugs than anything else. I liked the pixel graphics for characters, and their attacks look funny in a good way. I could consider this one for cheap.

The Black Grimoire: Cursebreaker. Has its heart in the right place, but idk, bros. It's real-time fighting, open world, very simple 3D graphics with no textures from what I can see. The inventory is limited, but you have a stash. It wasn't very challenging. The game uses a learn by doing system. I went with defense, attack, mining, and one more thing that I already forgot. You can mix and match. One section required a bow to lower a bridge, and there was one dialog option that I couldn't pcik, because i wasn't good enough at magic. For now, it is nothing that I would buy, myself.

Crystals Of Irm. I don't know how to describe the combat system. I'd advise you to look at YouTube videos. It uses pixel graphics, top down camera for exploration, and first person view in towns. I don't think that it's a game that I will get, but that combat system certainly is different.

Archmage Rises. I can't really say much about this one. It could be good, but enemies weren't attacking me in the demo, so I don't have much to go by. Turn-based combat in first person mode. I only had a single character. World map uses hex grids. The world is randomly generated, you visit towns for quests, info, buying stuff, crafting, etc. The rest of the time you explore. I never built my mage tower. I quit before that.

Dark Envoy. Real-time with slow-mo. If you liked Tower of Time, this feels like more of the same. Dialog is a bit bad, but gameplay is okay. I could see myself picking this up for cheap some day.

Wantless is a bit unique in setting, I would say. You're a mind doctor, entering the minds of patients, and "fixing" them by fighting their memories in monster form. You only control one character in turn-based combat. You get a base to upgrade, for crafting skills, taking on mission, and probably more (didn't get that far). Could be decent, but not really sure this is for me.

Spirited Thief. Turn-based stealth game. It was pretty fun for me. Don't raise alarms, try to stay hidden, find loot, and secrets. You have tools to deal with guards, but they were only temporary solutions. No kills. Overall, a decent experience. I could see myself playing the full thing at some point.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Took a peek at Adventure Awaits. Where are these fucking character models coming from? I've seem them crop up goddamn everywhere. Are they stock assets from Unity or something? Christ almighty they're uglier than sin and massively overused to boot.

ss_03e83919de44ab250a96cee4c131c26b5a0eac5c.1920x1080.jpg
Ask and you shall receive:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...asy-characters-low-poly-3d-art-by-synty-97186

Modron

Arcane
Afterimage is a decent RPGvania kind of have to face tank some things at the start until you get the dodge or I missed something there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom