Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Tyrr

Liturgist
I read the AI will not use the new leader system?
Have they finally given up on having to "update" the AI after every new DLC?
It happened every time, a new DLC changed stuff and the AI couldn't handle it.

Mortmal

Arcane
Hope it's not the case, the player does not need an extra buff for an already unchallenging game.

Trithne

Erudite

They can't recruit the paragons.

Also I don't understand how hiring a scientist gives me +3 alloy income. You're telling me this one dude on a spaceship can shit out an alloy income equivalent to 1/3rd of Earth in 2200? Impressive I guess...

It's not even the scientist that does it, it's the chair. As long as someone is sitting in it, you get benefits.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
The concept of paragons, aka some preset special snowflake individuals in a game like stellaris that is supposed to be about your custom dudes/civ , offends me on a spiritual level.

This isn’t like leviathans or the story chains where making them rng would be more work then the devs can handle, I maintain that mods did all this leader stuff better.

Oh btw they basically broke the game. Your leader cap is 6. You basically can't employ any governors or any admirals from the start of the game since you need all scientists and the cap doesn't go up much so you'll probably never use governors (and of course no one used generals before but now you really don't). In an update focused around leaders, most of your fleets and all of your planets outside the home sector will go leaderless.

It's not even the scientist that does it, it's the chair. As long as someone is sitting in it, you get benefits.
Nope there are traits that do that too.

8kzZdSZ.png

It's just stupid magic resources out of nowhere that make no sense at all.

The concept of paragons, aka some preset special snowflake individuals in a game like stellaris that is supposed to be about your custom dudes/civ , offends me on a spiritual level.

This isn’t like leviathans or the story chains where making them rng would be more work then the devs can handle, I maintain that mods did all this leader stuff better.

Yeah this too.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It's honestly kinda amazing how they managed to cap leaders yet also increased the need to click shit constantly when they level up.

e: Didn't help that I picked Eager Explorers because that only adds even more pointless micro to the start of the game

Last edited:

Ravielsk

Magister
And here I was getting my hopes up that Stellaris left the bullshit of 2.2 in the past but I see the devs still do not know how their own game works nor are quick enough to recognize their own fuck up. A leader cap 6 at the start and 11 at the end is fundamentally at odds with how the leaders function in Stellaris and essentially makes every leader type outside of scientist and admiral worthless. Hell, the AI supposedly cannot even use the new leader system which only further points to PDX having no idea how the system is even supposed to work.

I heard some PDX bottoms defending it as setup for future DLC that will include internal politics but unless that is coming out be the end of the week that is simply just another cope from people who probably do not even play the game.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Tbh Paradox breaking a game system with a current DLC to sell you another DLC down the line is something I can entirely believe.

thesecret1

Arcane
Took the game for a long spin again. Late game is pure pain. Every planet you acquire is another shithole to fix up and manage, and the AI loves spamming habitats everywhere. Megastructures like the ringworld are just the cherry on top, as if what you wanted were four more fucking planets. Even with lowest setting for habitable worlds, there's still an absolute shitload of them wherever you turn. There ought to be a setting where there's like five times less of them, I swear. And prohibiting the AI from habitat spam. I swear they build like five in every other system they own, all of them utterly shitty and worthless.

Alpharius

Scholar
Lol, i've had like 10 fleets at the end of my last determined exterminators game, are they supposed to be without commanders now? Also i wouldn't be surprised if AI will have all the cap taken up by governors and generals.

Btw whats up with mercenary enclaves? + 15% naval capacity and a large fleet with x2 or x3 of my maximum fleet size that gets reinforced for free for x credits per 10 years (was 10000 at the end for me).

Why did they think this was a good idea? Though at least the AI seems to (ab)use this too.

Took the game for a long spin again. Late game is pure pain. Every planet you acquire is another shithole to fix up and manage, and the AI loves spamming habitats everywhere. Megastructures like the ringworld are just the cherry on top, as if what you wanted were four more fucking planets. Even with lowest setting for habitable worlds, there's still an absolute shitload of them wherever you turn. There ought to be a setting where there's like five times less of them, I swear. And prohibiting the AI from habitat spam. I swear they build like five in every other system they own, all of them utterly shitty and worthless.
The meta is to just vassalize every AI and tax them. Vassals still get difficulty cheats and you profit more because of that, and since your empire size doesn't go up from vassals you'll research faster this way. Basically the only thin you need to produce yourself is alloys and maybe a little research. It's actually absurdly broken and also shows how little gameplay is left once you don't have to micromanage every fucking building on 50 different planets whenever a new pop grows.

thesecret1

Arcane
The meta is to just vassalize every AI and tax them. Vassals still get difficulty cheats and you profit more because of that, and since your empire size doesn't go up from vassals you'll research faster this way. Basically the only thin you need to produce yourself is alloys and maybe a little research. It's actually absurdly broken and also shows how little gameplay is left once you don't have to micromanage every fucking building on 50 different planets whenever a new pop grows.
I already figured but, as you said, shit's boring. Wanted to use all those fleets I made, yet at the same time, conquering stuff was a pain due to having to manage it. What a horrible dilemma to have in a game.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I already figured but, as you said, shit's boring. Wanted to use all those fleets I made, yet at the same time, conquering stuff was a pain due to having to manage it. What a horrible dilemma to have in a game.
Nuke enemy planets with a World Cracker Colossus, then?

thesecret1

Arcane
Nuke enemy planets with a World Cracker Colossus, then?
Doesn't doing that make you galactic public enemy #1, where diplomacy is practically impossible? Not that that's that big an issue since my fleet is usually the size of everyone else's combined at that point in the game, but I wanted to have just one game where I play around with the galactic community stuff, vassal shit, etc. rather than declaring exterminatus on any alien world I see.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Does MP in Stellaris even work long term? I assume it doesn't and just desyncs by the mid-game.

thesecret1

Arcane
Does it even work with pirated copies? I hope none of you guys are being whaled by paradox dlc model

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom