Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Still Wakes the Deep - narrative horror game from The Chinese Room set on an oil rig off the coast of Scotland - coming June 18th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.stillwakesthedeep.com

This is The Chinese Room's other game.

STILL WAKES THE DEEP is a return to the first-person narrative horror genre for The Chinese Room, creator of critically acclaimed games such as Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, and Dear Esther.

You are an off-shore oil rig worker, fighting for your life through a vicious storm, perilous surroundings, and the dark, freezing North Sea waters. All lines of communication have been severed. All exits are gone. All that remains is to face the unknowable horror that’s come aboard.

SWTD_Gif_1smaller.gif

Search for your crew and help them survive if you can. Run, climb, and swim through the flooding corridors and storm-lashed outer decks. Face a terrifying, unrelenting foe. And pray that, one day, you get to see your family again.

The Chinese Room – with its reputation for world-class world-building, audio, writing, and acting – delivers a symphony of action, trepidation, tender emotions, and awe.

SWTD_Gif_2SMALLER.gif

LIVE THE HORROR​

An immersive disaster story aboard a stunningly-realised North Sea oil rig, starring an authentic cast of Scottish actors. Experience the beauty and ferocity of the sea as it rips apart one of humanity’s strongest structures and its steadfast crew.

SWTD_Gif_3smaller.gif

ESCAPE THE RIG​

No weapons. No powers. Just your wits and determination. Struggle for survival on an unstable oil rig, where one wrong step could be your last.

SWTD_Gif_4smaller.gif

FACE YOUR FEARS​

Something has turned your home into a nightmare, where the familiar becomes threatening, and where a noise in the dark fills you with dread. Resist the urge to turn back. Confront the unknown.

SWTD_Gif_5smaller.gif

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Interesting. I actually like the oil rig setting and the they find "something" while oil drilling and then shit goes horribly bad....

manifest

Educated
Looks okay, but please no more tentacles and HP Lovecraft bullshit please.
the basedest take ever been voiced king. i'm sick and tired of this hack and the dumb aesthetic derived from his works
"N-dimensional creature of indescribable, obscene visage" equates to "I dunno, throw some tentacles on there, I guess," to the hack. Or the illiterate.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We are honoured to reveal that two-time BAFTA award-winning composer Jason Graves will be lending his musical talents to the score of our upcoming horror game Still Wakes the Deep.

The Chinese Room is known for its magnificent, award-winning music, so it was important for the team to work with a composer who could deliver a world-class score to match the quality expected from its games. Jason Graves has been composing video game soundtracks for over 20 years, scoring the music for series such as Tomb Raider, Far Cry, and Moss. His outstanding horror credentials include the Dead Space franchise, Until Dawn, and The Dark Pictures Anthology.

More about Jason Graves: https://jasongraves.com/

Last edited:

manifest

Educated
I watched the "gameplay" trailer now. Thankfully there's going to be a yellow line pointing me where to go in the one-way hallway, I'd hate to get lost.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

This mini-documentary on our title premiered as part of IGN Fan Fest on the 20th of February, 2024. In it, our Lead Designer Rob McLachlan and Senior Game Designer Jade Jacson give insights about the environments and atmospheres the player will get to experience in Still Wakes the Deep.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So how does development work here? Is TCR big enough to have separate, dedicated teams for this and VtBM2, or are they doing some kind of resource sharing?

Seems like this got the A team, since clearly VtMB2 is not shaping up to be good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom