Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stones of Arnhem re-creation

PortableGorilla

Literate
I've always been a fan of Wizardry (I did the Wiz 6 spell bug patch a few years ago), and recently acquired the Stones of Arnhem maps and map legends (including NPC scripts) for what I'm guessing is about 1 / 4 of the game. I was pretty surprised at the completeness.

*IF* (IF!!!) the other docs are of a like-quality, I believe I could put together a team to re-create SoA. We'd use the original SoA maps, events, etc., but we'd re-create the engine and art ("adapting" any code/sketchbook art available). We'd have a designer do the monster/item data (assuming it's not available) and any incomplete events.

Of course, to know if this is even possible, we'd have to see what's out there. So if you have SoA docs, please let me know and let's trade scans or work something out :)

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Some were closed down, not all.

I think Cleve said that he might be interested in doing a new Stones of Arnhem as well, though we all know how good he is at keeping release dates.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He probably grabbed this auction, a resale of one of the few things that wasn't snatched by the Sirotek/Romero alliance for "safekeeping":
indiana-jones-raiders-warehouse.jpg

Anyway, it's a really cool idea but you're probably going to have trouble getting the rest of the docs, and it's possible someone still has some legal rights concerning Arnhem...

Here are the sketches I got, get them while they're hot, they're codex excloosive and will never show up anywhere else!!

9egsUjj.jpg

WO6fpag.jpg

KzBIv1M.jpg

0pVikXW.jpg

Monty

Arcane
That sphincter-monster never fails to make me laugh. The way they even had an 'x-rated' version and asked for 'fluids pumping through the veins' suddenly made all of Cleve's claims seem sane instead of outlandish.

As for those felines.... the narcotics must have been strong that day.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So this game was targeted at furries who've never seen anuses?

With such precise targeting of the RPG crowd, It could have saved Sir-Tech!

PortableGorilla

Literate
Thank you everybody, especially @Deuce Traveler and @MaskedMan -- I did not know the auctions were canceled (I completely missed this whole thing). Does anybody have any idea...

1) how much was sold beforehand?
2) what types of documents were available at one point (e.g., were there ever monster or item lists?)
3) how many auctions the maps/map legends were split up across?

If we can get the map/map legends, that COULD be enough...

@Infinitron -- I did not get his resignation letter. I have a few maps not available here: mocagh.org, and I have a large number of legends and scripts: for all the mocargh.org maps (except "LAKE COLLIUP"), my maps, and a few others (wilderness maps, called "Arnhem map #_", at least according to the legends).

I really want to post them online, but I'm wondering if it's better to keep them secret to trade for the missing pieces... whoever has the wilderness maps has got to be wondering what all the letters stand for :)

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thank you everybody, especially @Deuce Traveler and @MaskedMan -- I did not know the auctions were canceled (I completely missed this whole thing). Does anybody have any idea...

1) how much was sold beforehand?
2) what types of documents were available at one point (e.g., were there ever monster or item lists?)
3) how many auctions the maps/map legends were split up across?

If we can get the map/map legends, that COULD be enough...

@Infinitron -- I did not get his resignation letter. I have a few maps not available here: mocagh.org, and I have a large number of legends and scripts: for all the mocargh.org maps (except "LAKE COLLIUP"), my maps, and a few others (wilderness maps, called "Arnhem map #_", at least according to the legends).

I really want to post them online, but I'm wondering if it's better to keep them secret to trade for the missing pieces... whoever has the wilderness maps has got to be wondering what all the letters stand for :)

Oh god, if you hold them please scan a copy of them electronically and store the file in several places. That way they are not lost in case something happens to the paper. The original documents I had I sent to DarkUnderlord for safe keeping as I move often.

PortableGorilla

Literate
I've decided to upload the map legends for the maps available at mocargh.org. They're in PDF. Is there a way to post them on this board?

I have other map legends as well, and I will upload them *IF* someone uploads the maps.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've decided to upload the map legends for the maps available at mocargh.org. They're in PDF. Is there a way to post them on this board?

I have other map legends as well, and I will upload them *IF* someone uploads the maps.

You could send them to somebody. For instance, Deuce Traveler

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
One day I'll scan the part of the original Stones of Arnhem script I bought at the auction, and upload it to the Codex server along with Deuce Traveler's and now PortableGorilla's stuff. And make a newspost about it.

One day.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
But... think of the PTSD flashbacks re-creating SoA would cause in Cleve? Also, is the world ready for the penisaurus - and is bringing such things into existence really a moral choice you are prepared to make? :eek:

tindrli

Arcane
One day I'll scan the part of the original Stones of Arnhem script I bought at the auction, and upload it to the Codex server along with Deuce Traveler's and now PortableGorilla's stuff. And make a newspost about it.

One day.

why one day?? why not right now?? whats the point of sudden jewcrap???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom