Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Storm of Zehir Party

Pastel

Scholar
I think what's interesting about this expansion is that you'll get to try out several classes in one go. So, is there anything worth trying out? I mean, base class plus one single prestige class - I don't care about optimized builds or anything.
I think I'll have one Swashbucker, and one Hellfire Warlock, so what to fill the other two slots with? I was thinking about trying out a nihilistic Neutral Evil celestial - anything that might fit?

Also what parties are you planning to use?

JrK

Prophet
I'm going for this:

-at least one ranger for tracking/survival purposes. Torn as to whether this one will be more used as a tank or multiclassed for rogueskills.
-cleric -> doomguard
-wizard, if I can't think of a prestige maybe a pure one.
-whatever area I can fill in with the last char

As for your ideas: If you pick a swashy and a warlock, you'd need some divine spellpower and a rogue.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I'll try something optimized.

I was thinking along the lines of:

1. Generic human fighter to bash stuff, maybe a barbarian for the wilderness survival and other stuff
2. I was thinking about a multiclass Wizard/Cleric, although I have no idea if that's a good decision. Aerie in BG2 was pretty overpowered, but that was one and a half edition ago...
3. Bard to do the talking and thieving
4. Dunno. If 2 proves to be a very bad idea, I guess I'll go with wizard in 2 and a spirit shaman in 4. Gann was pretty kick ass in MotB with both cleric and druid spells.

Raapys

Arcane
1. Dual-wielding ranger for uber damage and cool-factor.
2. Some kind of armored guy who can take alot of damage...or just another DW ranger.
3. Sorcerer for AoE.
4. Priest-thingy.

Never really liked Rogues, and not really played any games where one was needed, so not going to bother.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
So uh, can anyone tell me if wizard/cleric multiclasser is a good idea? I haven't played a lot with multiclassing in the third edition.

Pastel

Scholar
I assume it'd be better if you used the Mystic Theurge PC, which isn't available in the base game.

Okay so I think I'll go with:
Neutral Evil Aasimar Hellfire Warlock
Neutral Elf Druid
Chaotic Neutral Yuan-Ti Swashbuckler
Chaotic Evil Duergar Barbarian.

Dark Elf

Erudite
I'll probably go for something like this:

Druid
Cleric
Wizard
Bard or Warlock

Magic heavy, and assuming a party limit of six I'll be levelling quite fast = win.

Crichton

Prophet
It's the worse idea imaginable. No spellcaster is worth anything if his caster level is more than say two levels behind his character level. A 4/4 wiz/cleric can't compete with either a level 8 cleric or a level 8 wizard. Just take a pure cleric, with domain spells, you'll have enough offensive magic to get by.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Crichton said:
It's the worse idea imaginable. No spellcaster is worth anything if his caster level is more than say two levels behind his character level. A 4/4 wiz/cleric can't compete with either a level 8 cleric or a level 8 wizard. Just take a pure cleric, with domain spells, you'll have enough offensive magic to get by.

I see, thanks. As I said, my only experiences with multiclassing is the overpowered (and outdated) wizard/cleric Aerie, so I wanted to be sure.

Black

Arcane
How do you guys thing swashbuckler/weapon master combination would work?

Crichton

Prophet
The weapon-master takes seven levels to be worth it and you need a boatload of otherwise worthless feats, unlike the fighter, the swashbuckler doesn't have a whole lot of bonus feats. So I don't see the advantage over a fighter/WM. However if the crafting system hasn't changed, the WM with his ki critical (criticals multiply crazy elemental damage) could be a real powerhouse.

I do hope that they've toned down the elemental damage.

I'm considering two parties at the moment:

1. Aasimar Favored Soul/Doomguide
Human Sorcerer/Rogue/Arcane Trickster
Tiefling Hellfire Warlock

2. Air Genasi Swashbuckler/Rogue
Fire Genasi Sorcerer
Water Genasi Spirit Shaman
Earth Genasi Fighter

Gimmicky, but (hopefully) fun.

Texas Red

Whiner
I'll use only cohorts. I don't enjoy having to create a party anyway.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ranger/rogue MC
Swashbuckler
Cleric
Wizard

I don't generally dabble in prestige classes, so no thoughts there

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Haven't decided yet, and I'll probably halfass something together when I get my hands on the game.

Zomg

Arbiter
What's a good way to cover all the social and outdoor skills with 2-3 characters without using any rogues?

Warden

Arbiter
santino27 said:
Ranger/rogue MC

I think this is not wise.. rangers benefit from certain feats at certain levels and without those feats they're pretty much useless. I mean.. with multiclassing you prevent them to reach those crucial points fast enough.

My party will consist of:

Fighter/Rogue/Swashbuckler
Spirit Shaman
Cleric/Doomguide

or

F/R/S
C/D
Umoja instead of SS

My starting party will be deleveled to lvl 1 of course.

Erebus

Arcane
It's a real pity theurge isn't an available prestige class. Nevertheless, I intend to have a magic-heavy party : Bard + Spirit Shaman + Wizard + a fourth one I haven't chosen yet, probably a Priest or a Sorcerer. I just don't like the concept of the Warlock class.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Good point. Calling you an idiot is simply repeating what everybody here already knows hence unproductive. My apologies to my fellow Codexians.

Warden

Arbiter
Volourn said:
Good point. Calling you an idiot is simply repeating what everybody here already knows hence unproductive. My apologies to my fellow Codexians.

You mean.. the same people that think you're an idiot too? Good argument moron.. you should apply to some debate camp in Canada and sweep away all the competitors!

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
I'm sure this is a question asked 1000 times before, but is NWN 2 worth buying? Or should I pick it up just to play MOTB and SOZ?

Constructive feedback only. Fucktards need not apply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom