Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stranded in a barren wasteland: What rpg do you take?

Andhaira

Arcane
SO you are stranded in a barren wasteland with a nearly unlimited supply of food. You have no hope of being rescued ever and you cannot escape from the wasteland because you have no transporation and itstoo big to walk (you can'tcarry your food and water supply so if you walk too far you starve/die of thirst)

Luckily you have a laptop and one crpg of your choice: Which one is it? Which rpg do you see yourself playing for the remainder of your days?

Disucuss!!

St. Toxic

Arcane
I wouldn't settle for that kind of existance, honestly. So, I'd probably end up trying to push my "nearly unlimited supply of food" across the barren wasteland, in search of civilization, rather than play with my laptop for "the remainder of my days".

Durwyn

Prophet
Yeah... A laptop... Which battery lasts three hours...
It's too short to even make a character in decent cRPG.

Well, most of nowadays games are even shorter than that, so some fps would do the trick.

NiM82

Prophet
Morrowind, because I like it's bundled World Creator and could happily fuck around with that forever.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
NiM82 said:
Morrowind, because I like it's bundled World Creator and could happily fuck around with that forever.

Fuck you, I wanted to say the same.

Worm King

Scholar
I'm strapped to this computer 24/7 as it is and I want to put a bullet through my head already. I'd dismantle the laptop and use something sharp from it to cut open my veins. If it still works, they will discovered a smile on my corpse's face and Arcanum on the screen.

Andhaira

Arcane
Oklets assume the 'barren wasteland'is actually on some giant volcanic island. (The volcanoe is dormant)

Your laptop is an experimental prototype with a small sized powersource that will last for approx. 100 years!

And you can only choose ONE game.

Vibalist

Arcane
The prospect of playing one game for the remainder of my days is pretty damn sad. Especially if it's a plot driven rpg that becomes unexciting after you've completed the main quest once or twice. I'd probably go with a huge game that has many different possibilities like Arcanum, or maybe The Witcher simply because it's so fucking good.

For a non-rpg I'd probably choose something like Football Manager 2009 or some sort of strategy game in order to have something that plays out differently every time.

bhlaab

Erudite
I'd probably just kill myself if something that horrible happened to me

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I think a better question is which fellow Codexer would you choose if you had to be stranded with them?

I would choose you, Andhaira, because of the intense pleasure it would bring me to throw you into said volcano.

Also: Do we get access to all existing mods for this CRPG? Or vanilla?

Cassidy

Arcane
Crispy said:
I think a better question is which fellow Codexer would you choose if you had to be stranded with them?

I bet a genuine copy of Fallout 3 someone will say Kaiserin.

As for bringing a CRPG, I'd bring none. There is no point in living just for playing computer games.

LCJr.

Erudite
Well ibn al-Andyhara it doesn't matter how food you have since you'll die of dehydration in ~4 days.

Andhaira

Arcane
Well you have water too obviously.

And Cripsy, are you a closet Xenu believer? (Hmm and your name isCrispy...)

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe some roguelike, as they are probably the type of games where you benefit the most from insanity. ADOM.

oscar

Arcane
Cassidy said:
Crispy said:

I bet a genuine copy of Fallout 3 someone will say Kaiserin.

As for bringing a CRPG, I'd bring none. There is no point in living just for playing computer games.

Was my first thought actually.

LCJr.

Erudite
Well in that case why fuck around with silly games?

I'd want a satellite uplink for the laptop so I can hop on the phone/internet and get the hell out of there. Or at least a GPS with inertial tracking so even I can't get a fix on my location I can keep track of where I've explored until I find the way back to civilzation. Oh and plenty of batteries or a solar charger.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Notepad and a C compiler, I'll write my own goddamn cRPG.

Andhaira

Arcane
Planescapeis anadventure game with rpg elements, so it doesn't count.

Neither does WoW because its a MMORPG.And plus you don't have an internet connection!

(which probably means you can't play Mass Effect thatnks to the stupid copy protection)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom