Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion thread for codex-themed content in Wasteland 2

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DwarvenFood I like that idea too. Except it seems to be too directly tied to holocaust denial, and we don't want that to be associated with the Codex in the game.

Probably stating the obvious: if you're writing text, perhaps get someone (not me) to edit it slightly?

Sure, we'll do that. As Fargo wrote to us,

Fargo said:
if you give me a good bit of prose I'll get it to pop up

A good bit of prose. :) We'll need to meet his expectations.

It's a bit early for that, though. Fargo doesn't even himself know what or where a "shrine" is yet. ;)

hiver

I suggest halting the money transfer until recent unclear things get clarified.

Not the social ideas issues themselves so much, but not knowing who will have the vote and will every kickstarter vote count the same or amount will matter in any way.

this needs to be clarified:

1. People that funded this should be the only ones to get a vote.
- this is not negotiable.

2. Amount of invested money should matter. we need to know how. mkay?

3. We need to know all of this info before the kickstarter deadline.
- this is not negotiable.

/
-posted this over on the forums first-

hiver

No, im requesting clear info.
21 days to get it. Minus two days for safety measures.

19 days. Plenty of time.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DwarvenFood I like that idea too. Except it seems to be too directly tied to holocaust denial, and we don't want that to be associated with the Codex in the game.
Ermm... That's a mighty big bow you drew thar.

2. Amount of invested money should matter. we need to know how. mkay?
Fun Fact™: If I took the same approach for those contributing towards the Codex' idea, I wouldn't listen to anyone who wasn't in the top 14 - who account for over 55% of all funds raised.

hiver

Well... If it doesnt matter i would prefer to know it doesnt, rather than not know.
But thats a side question anyway.
I was thinking mostly on those giving just one buck, you know?
And it isnt like its a democracy anyway right? Right to vote was bought, not inherited by birth or human rights.

Fuck, these days you cant even ask for info anymore....without getting accused of all sort of stuff.
Should have seen "answers" on wasteland forums... but what i like the best... and i mean the very very BEST is people saying we must ("must" mind you) have faith in Fargo.
And faith not just like some nice supportive sentiment but actually real faith, non-questioning, non-commenting FAITH. And if we dont thats a bad thing... and the whole shabang wont work.... Like its a fucking religion all of a sudden.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Can anybody tell me what the fuck is this voting thingie that hiver is referring?

hiver

Question sent over kickstarter page.
18 days left... :rpgcodex:
If i get any answer - or not, ill be sure to let you guys know.

Or will I?

btw, DU, if you havent send the money over yet, and you wait a while and there is no clarification on these things feel free to take my moneys and put them in for server upgrade.
If you do send it before, nevermind, obviously.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
We are the 45% and we demand... something. Until we figure out what it is we actually want, we shall occupy GD and post meaningful stuff in there. This course of action will continue until the oppressive 55% give into our demands.

/e: Despite several allegations, I wish to clarify that I am NOT a planted spy by the 55% that tries to undermine the movement by secretly inclining GD.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
As a self appointed representant of :obviously: respected middle percent I demand the vote or we will support the Prosperian GD rabble and do this:
French-Revolution.-4331.jpg

Seriously if Brian Fargo wants to add Jewbook and Furrfags to game I am all for it.... When I will have option to don't install the former and machine gun/firebomb the latter. Optional content is good when it is Optional and transparent.... and most importantly done from His Highness the Developer pocket. :smug:

lefthandblack

Arcane
This is from a Codexian themed project of mine that is currently on back burner rotation. The normal map needs work which is why you can barely make out the letters (one of the many bugs that need to be squashed before I release it)

trlingam.jpg

Gregz

Arcane
Centi Metre@MarquisdeCodex
@BrianFargo @RpgCodex Why would you take money from such a wretched hive of scum and popamole? What next - bulk donations from Stormfront?

Brian Fargo@BrianFargo
@MarquisdeCodex @RpgCodex They are my scum and popamole (had to look this word up)!

awww :love:

Quick, someone shoot Brian in the gonads with a BB gun!
But do it lovingly!

'wretched hive of scum' is OK, but who the hell thinks the Codex are defenders of popamole? Hmm, probably a troll who got banned...he knows just what to say to piss me off anyway.

I mean seriously, Brian Fargo just learned the definition of the word popamole in a conversation with a guy accusing The Codex of being popamole :mad: . Who is this Centi Metre jackass anyway?

hiver

ah dawg, relax, some self irony never hurt anyone dawg.

btw you look popamole to me, :p

Also, we are poping some mainstream and other unsavory types of moles around here arent we?

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
"Codex is the Grognard Stormfront!"
:mca:

"Codex is Pop-a-mole!"
:x

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
So what do you guys think about just letting MCA design the codex reward content area for us if this baby rides to 2.1 mil
with what we've established about no overt references and so on of course

hiver

So what do you guys think about just letting MCA design the codex reward content area for us if this baby rides to 2.1 mil
Seeing how badly "we" are doing it i wouldnt mind myself... but apart from throwing in some general suggestions i dont have much personal involvement... except i would just generally have it be something good, fun to play through and a bit sarcastic towards some trends most people here hate.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

That would be for the best, I'd wager. Everyone thinks their idea's the best and all the others suck, but no one would dare question MCA's creations.

hiver

codex shrine

also how do you guys feel about specifying that the custom npc be...MCA himself

as in regardless of what he designs he has to write himself into the codex shrine

No physical manifestation of MCA in this game. Better they milk his sex appeal for Obsidian's own KS. There should be a CODEX edition with a pewter troll, a romanceable MCA NPC in game and an autographed and framed picture of him in one of his manly poses so that the discerning Codexian gentleman can place on his bedside table or snuggle up with at night.

If they priced such a thing reasonably, at say $250, it would go like hot cakes!
No, no, no.... ! Wait! STOP THE PRESS!

What codex shrine should have IS : All the great devs of our favorite RPGs, all of them.
How you do it and in which way to get them all in; be it statue, painting, drawing on the wall or file on some old computer... is irrelevant.

All of them.

That doesnt mean there cannot be anything else, if its nothing overblown, so keep that in mind.

But we should put all of them in there somewhere, be it some kind of inner sanctum or anything else doable and appropriate.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmm, maybe a special 'room' inside the statue opens up with all the things you mention but to open it has to extremely(impossibly?) hard like in Wizardry IV or those Jap games when only if you're carrying a certain thing on a certain time in the presence of some particular companion and then try to do the opposite thing of what one is supposed to do with the object you'll be rewarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom