Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Superfuse - Superheroes Meet Diablo Meet Borderland ARPG

Aemar

Arcane
But Freedom Force, X-Men Legends, and the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games have you controlling four.
I remember playing X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse back in the day. Not a bad game at all for what it is. I liked Freedom Force a bit more though.

Oh yeah, the Mutons look like Maul from WildCATS. Power Suits have the one bunny ear antenna you'd see in a lot of Rob Liefeld stuff that's coming from Madamune Shirow anime and manga they're all likely into at that time. The Personal Armor is more or less Team X from Jim Lee's X-Men. Shirow manga and anime stuff is all over those Image guys stuff both at Marvel and when they're on their own.

Hmm, looking at those Liefeld pics - that whole Liefeld/Image thing passed me by, as I lost interest in comics (the interest I'd had and semi-sustained since I was a kid) some time shortly after Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol. I then got interested again for a brief period in the early Noughties, and retroactively caught up a bit then, but I still couldn't stand Liefeld's stuff.

But looking at that, it suddenly struck me why people might have liked him. It's not for his truly dreadful figures, but those layouts are excellent and really very reminiscent of Jack Kirby's sense of dynamism. I can see now how his strength might rather have been in the momentum of his graphic storytelling.

I still can't bring myself to look into his stuff more deeply. Yeesh.

Those are Jim Lee.

Although the old Liefeld comics do have a dynamic sense of engery that I rarely seen in modern comics today.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Oh yeah, the Mutons look like Maul from WildCATS. Power Suits have the one bunny ear antenna you'd see in a lot of Rob Liefeld stuff that's coming from Madamune Shirow anime and manga they're all likely into at that time. The Personal Armor is more or less Team X from Jim Lee's X-Men. Shirow manga and anime stuff is all over those Image guys stuff both at Marvel and when they're on their own.

Hmm, looking at those Liefeld pics - that whole Liefeld/Image thing passed me by, as I lost interest in comics (the interest I'd had and semi-sustained since I was a kid) some time shortly after Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol. I then got interested again for a brief period in the early Noughties, and retroactively caught up a bit then, but I still couldn't stand Liefeld's stuff.

But looking at that, it suddenly struck me why people might have liked him. It's not for his truly dreadful figures, but those layouts are excellent and really very reminiscent of Jack Kirby's sense of dynamism. I can see now how his strength might rather have been in the momentum of his graphic storytelling.

I still can't bring myself to look into his stuff more deeply. Yeesh.

Those are Jim Lee.

Ah, interdasting! Jim Lee didn't occur to me because all the stuff I've seen of him (maybe it was later?) has clean lines and good traditional American comics b&w chiaroscuro, more Buscema-like - I guess he must have developed from that scritchy-scratchy Liefeld-like style.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This looks interesting. And skill customization took best parts from PoE.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Welcome to the Superfuse Demo!
Greetings Enforcers!

The time has come... A demo is now available as part of the Next Fest event. If you are reading this message it means that you have either downloaded the Superfuse demo already or are considering doing so. Either way, welcome!

Superfuse is a hack-and-slash, Action RPG with the ability to hyper-tailor your power set based on your playstyle.

In this demo, you will play as one of two heroes, each with their own unique talent trees, abilities, and fun ways to fuse said abilities to fit your tastes. For a deeper introduction to fuses, check out this post!

658b81d5a9e3fa0e316277f2ccc12a8b39deea78.jpg

This demo is a limited version of the full game which is still in development, so please note that there will be more to experience once Superfuse is released. This includes more levels, more abilities, more fuses, and a more balanced game. On top of that, we are working continuously on tweaking and polishing the experience while getting rid of all the bugs that come with Early Access development.

If you want to chat with others playing the demo, you can find them in Steam threads and in designated Discord channels. We will also be holding some Next Fest-specific community activities, including a screenshot challenge, over on Discord[discord.gg], so make sure to check that out as well.

With that said, we hope you have fun and we can't wait to hear your thoughts and see what epic fuses you create!

Get playing here:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Meet the Elementalist!
It is time to meet one of our Enforcers - The Elementalist. A pure force of nature, the Elementalist can roast, freeze and pulverize her enemies in the blink of an eye, using a variety of powerful elemental attacks.

Born on Mars to parents of European descent, the Elementalist is sharply intelligent, and stubbornly determined, and has crushed every opponent she faced while honing her skills. Seeking a real challenge, she joined the Enforcers, hoping this would pit her against the toughest of enemies across the colonies.

Her attacks control and devastate the battlefield with precision, allowing her to maneuver even the toughest of combat situations with a bombastic flair. As you unlock and upgrade more of her abilities, their uses evolve with your choices, letting you maximize the impact of your attacks. Why not combine an ice wall with a meteor strike, allowing you to box your enemies in with no hope of escape? Or upgrade your meteor strike to the point where you rain armageddon on your foes? The possibilities are endless when the forces of nature can be summoned from your very fingertips.

“I was always the best... But being an Elementalist lets me take my skills further: now I wield the elements.”

e88cea1319ff9f2a619bf69fb51ebaf87fcd8f19.png

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The power ability icons look a lot like the ones in City of Heroes.

Sykar

Arcane
Tried out the demo. It is two levels which you can blaze through in under 10 minutes. Apart from some gear drops and some skill mod drops there is not much you can do apart from checking out 2-3 other skills besides the ones you are starting with. Character passive tree is massively under development, most passives are not implemented as of this demo. One tree is not even available, only 2 out of 3 trees is partially implemented so far. There is no inherent dash or dedicated dash skill for the Elementalist class but there is a dash mod that lets you modify her one single melee fire skill to turn it into a dash. Animation cancelation is not possible as far as I could notice.

Graphics remind me a little of Torchlight. Atmosphere is nice and since it feels slower paced than most of its kind it has a little D1 feeling, which would be a good thing if they can retain it and not turn it into the ADHD monkey on speed one button mashing garbage that is PoE at endgame and many other Hack&Slash titles. VA was so so, was not very impressed by the Elementalist voice actress. Maybe the melee guy has better voice actor. VA of the intro is good enough I guess at least for my German ears. Maybe native speakers might beg to differ.

Balancing the skill mods needs more work. Elementalist can basically become immune to melee attackers since you can mod your "Torch" skill which is a sort of time limited aura dealing fire damage with knockback and it ticks often enough that melees hardly ever get a chance to get a hit in since it procs 100%. The only cap at this is that the duration is half the CD but CD reducing items exist and so might even rach enough CD reduction to have it up permanently. I did not try out to mod it with stun since knockback was ridiculous enough already.
Potions are kinda handled like PoE, your stuff has a limited amount of charge though they do not refill by killing mobs.

Story wise it is a little interesting since you seem to be a stooge for the bad guys. Story goes like this, Earth went to shit thanks to capitalist greed, oligarchs "saved" the populace by colonizing the solar system, advancements in technology including immortality enables them to become kinda like "gods" as the intro VA puts it. After some time, the pleb notices that they get fucked over by the "gods" and starting to rebel. This is also the time some alien organism is invading the solar system. So, the oligarchs select some faithful members of their stooges and let them be upgraded with a little power via their advanced technology and calling them "Enforces" which is what you basically are for them, putting the plebs in their place and bash xeno scum, which I guess would be interesting for some. If that is what you remain the whole game or if there is a twist coming remains to be seen.

I am not even sure you can call this a demo considering how brief and limited it is. More like an appetizer for the game.

Last edited:
Character passive tree is massively under development, most passives are not implemented as of this demo. One tree is not even available, only 2 out of 3 trees is partially implemented so far.
Good news, one out of the three characters has a third tree implemented!
Bad news:
A01unWc.png

Game is less early-access and more early-alpha with obvious missing gaps of content and chock full of weird clashing systems that can be best summed up with "what if we forcibly combined grim dawn, diablo and path of exile together for no reason at all??".
I'll be keeping an eye on this, but considering that the developers felt that this was a good state to release it for early access is not giving me much confidence about the future of it, not even close to the asking price of $25 at the current moment.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This could be good, imo. I liked the demo, and it's one of few games that actually make hitting enemies feel good, like in the Diablos.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'm hearing that the game is way too incomplete and barebones. Particularly items, enemy variety and level design. It's going to be 2 more years for me. By then they might begin overdesigning and getting rid of the good stuff. That is why early access is trash.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm hearing that the game is way too incomplete and barebones. Particularly items, enemy variety and level design. It's going to be 2 more years for me. By then they might begin overdesigning and getting rid of the good stuff. That is why early access is trash.
It seems to basically be the demo, or with slightly more content.

If that is correct, it should not have been on early access this early.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom