Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sword of the Stars 2: Electric Boogaloo

Will Sword of the Stars II be significantly different from the first one?

• More of the same

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Significantly different, better

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Significantly different, worse

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

tindrli

Arcane
Any tricks/tweaks to alleviate the crashes, abysmal performance and sounds being cut off during firefights (it's like the game can only reproduce 4-8 sounds simultaneously and the rest get the axe)?
The game itself seems promising and one I might very much enjoy, but it's kind of a mess as far as coding goes.

Shit, still in BETA..

DakaSha

Arcane
I think the fact that the game gives you an achievement for opening it a second time says pretty much everything you need to know about it

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It still requires DX10 to run, right?

Probably a good thing though, judging from how this game is buggy and all.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
can the ai opponent do anything at all ? no.

I repeteadly "avoided removing it from inventory" to see if it was going nowere...
It's shit, don't waste your money. However I would suggest you to pirate it (if so inclined) and give it a try. Why? Because this is one of the most glaring example of a good game wanting to emerge from all the shit overflooding it...
Really, it's almost painful, a lot of what made SotS a good game is stille there, but...
Judge by yourself but don't waste money on it. Then remove

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Play Distant Worlds: Universe then. It's space, it's pretty good, it's not buggy(it used to be, but I've played ~100 hours crash free, take that as you will). Start in a pre-warp universe and follow some guides and it is a lot of fun. Overwhelming at first, and RTwP(like a Paradox game), but at least worthwhile of trying the "demo".

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
The only thing i needed to beat DW:U vanilla was race minmaxing and tech minmaxing. I left everything else up to computer and won on hardest. Tell me when DW gets multiplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom