Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
HOW ABOUT SOMEONE HELPS OUR FRIENDS FROM ATOM TEAM IN LAST HOURS OF THEIR KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN?

I know game won't feature bears pole dancing nor 666 genders to choose from, but maybe main page post or two would help in spreading good word about Makers of Good RPGs making their new game?

Infinitron Saint_Proverbius

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
And as the next stretch goal—the Mysterious Ruined City—awaits its fate, why not uncover what we have in mind next. There’s not much time left in the campaign, but you know what they say—fortune favours the bold!

3823d517e03277d685749acfc477c776_original.png

At 44K €, we will add festivals to the game world! On specific days, the different peoples of Nova Drakonia will celebrate various holidays—both historical and religious.

Herbal Eve, with its traditions of leaping over bonfires and eating special cheese with caraway seeds; the ritualistic burning of the effigy of Alb the Færy, the evil warlock who long ago almost destroyed the first Empire; or Šeršet Day, when villagers dress as evil spirits and roam from house to house singing obscene songs and demanding treats.

And many more!

During these dates, some locations might change, special encounters will appear on the world map, and unique NPCs will grace the hamlets with their presence, perhaps even offering a quest or two.

Such small details could add a lot of charm to the game world, and hopefully make your exploration of Nova Drakonia a tad more special!

Well, that’s all for today. Thank you so much for your support, it really means the world to us!

Yours truly,

Atom Team
Atomboy This is precisely kind of world simulation mixed with gameplay mechanics that breaths life into any RPG. I believe first one to include dynamic holidays with world state effects was our old friend Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall. It's kinda logical for world so close to touch of Gods and supernatural that days when said Gods are celebrated have touchable effect to World in which Player finds himself in and gameplay

Overall: all 3 stretch goals so far are fucking great and affordable. Such pity I'm not billionaire like Elon Musk cause I would fund them all
:takemymoney:

The Jester

Cipher

Atomboy

Is there a list of Soviet pop culture references in Atom RPG? I'd love to learn about the origins of the Easter eggs and jokes.

Sotomonte

Learned
The goals look very good, but in 55 hours I doubt they will be achieved... maybe if postKS sales are good they can be released in the form of a small paid DLC.

:takemyjewgold:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Well, next stretch goal Cursed City currently sits at 787/2000€ with 54h left on the clock. That one is doable 4SURE

Atomboy I think my friend you should REALLY think about once again promoting your Kickstarter on ATOM and ATOM:Trudograd Steam pages. Hundreds of thousands of happy gamers by your previous games and less then 1200 backers? Come on, people simply don't know

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
but in 55 hours I doubt they will be achieved
54 hours, $190 to go. They got close to $400 since I posted the news item 13 hours ago.
Sorry but you're mixing and $. Stretch goals are in € and money gathered is shown in $. Hover over with mouse/tap on phone that money to see amount of money in €

At this moment only 1./3 stretch goals is achieved. Mon€y is being gathered for Cursed City questline and megadungeon

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
We'll have dinosaurs though, that's pretty sick I guess.
See, this is what you should've led with.

I wasn't impressed enough with ATOM to back this initially, but dinosaurs are a game changer. We need more dinosaurs in RPGs.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
At the speed of 30-50€/h and with 52h left I believe Cursed City megadungeon is in the bag. I hope there is Indiana Jones small easter egg somewhere down there :)

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Sorry but you're mixing and $. Stretch goals are in € and money gathered is shown in $.
I sure as heck have been doing that. That's kind of a bummer. So, it looks like they'll need $45,115 to hit Cursed City.
Happened to me all the time in Early Kickstarter days. Kinda bummer also that RPG like Swordhaven doesn't get more attention. Really nice stretch goals these three. I wonder what Atomboyz' ALL planned stretch goals are and will we ever find out...

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Last push on Kickstarter has been activated! Three days in row number of backers and amount of money pledged is riSING [#Source:Kicktraq]

Here is from official Discord what Devs said about 2nd stretch goal, Cursed City:

Thank you. So, right now the vibe we're going for with the Cursed City is 'At the Mountains of Madness' meets Indiana Jones. You will be tasked with helping (or hindering) an aristocratic explorer from the Empire whose expedition is trying to uncover the secrets of the ancient ruins in the western mountains.
I won't go into spoiler territory, but I'll say that we want to connect it to one of the two notes that you could find in the demo right now. I won't say which one, but I'm sure you could figure it out :)
And yes, that definitely looks like a dinosaur!
At this moment we are 367 away from this being part of the game. Clock says: 42h left

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
42.000€ in the Kickstarter bank. 2nd stretch goal Cursed City will be part of the game. Where's my Indiana Jones hat? Game got funded and 2× stretch goals are in the bag. Not as good as I have hoped for but could have been way worse. Marketing is to indie Devs what's water to cats :)

:greatjob:

ropetight

Savant
42.000€ in the Kickstarter bank. 2nd stretch goal Cursed City will be part of the game. Where's my Indiana Jones hat? Game got funded and 2× stretch goals are in the bag. Not as good as I have hoped for but could have been way worse. Marketing is to indie Devs what's water to cats :)

:greatjob:
You are a relentless fella!
And absolutely right about marketing of the indie studios - the more they are good at making games, more they suck in the marketing.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Some
mystery.png
individual
, gave them advice on Discord about posting update that it's last 24h of their next game's Kickstarter on their last two successful games' Steam pages. They agreed and will do so on Trudograd Steam Page. I also recommended giving all pledges of 30€+ both Trudograd AND Swordhaven, which is sweet win-win deal for all

We'll see how much more $$$ will fill their coffers. Wish them the best

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/swordhaven-iron-conspiracy/posts/4097341

ALMOST DONE: CAMPAIGN TIMER HITS LAST 24 HOURS!​

ff208fc03c4de9bf4df9788b1e807c87_original.png

Greetings, everyone!

We are extremely happy to say that we are nearly done! The campaign for Swordhaven turned out to be a success with just one stretch goal still pending, and it's all thanks to your support and dedication to the project.

Your contribution played a much bigger role than just funding our new game. You helped us improve the demo with your bug reports, improve the game as a whole through novel suggestions, and most importantly, your support for the stretch goals helped us realize 2 our of 3 things we really wanted to add in the first place, but had to cut for budgetary reasons.

01db56cafaeca09728ecc725b10a2cca_original.png

Now you won't just have the game as it was planned when we created the campaign, but you will also get a greatly improved base of operations for your character, a huge new dungeon, and who knows, maybe we'll even reach the final stretch goal for Festivals and Holidays. That is something we would really love to do for you guys!

bcc7663eb5526e9183246ab6c441a265_original.gif

Lastly, we want to share our first custom portrait. Everyone who pledges or increases their pledge to sit at the Prince, King, Emperor, Prophet or Dragon tiers will receive a portrait just like this if not better from a photo of their choosing!

Again, thank you all. Let's finish this campaign in style!

Yours, Atom Team

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Let's stretch baby one more time! Push it to the limit.mp3 music fills the room, sound of good momentum gets louder and louder...

rating_mca.gif
Dreams are happening
rating_mca.gif

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Festivals have been achieved. I'm honestly shocked. I didn't think it would hit the last goal, but it hit it with six hours left. They had about $1500 or so to go at the 18 hour mark. When I got up this morning and checked it, it was $90 to go. Then a few minutes later, it was funded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom