Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM

daun

Novice
Hey Atomboy, I would like to say that I am huge fan and enjoyer of bad humour and obscure cultural references which I don't get, although I pretend that I do. Button with a concealed microphoned called "Stirlitz" made me laugh hard, and Szarik the dog from Dead City brought back some memories 10/10. I played the demo and can't wait for early acces.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SWORDHAVEN

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/swordhaven-iron-conspiracy/posts/4194827

September Update​

Hello, friends! Autumn has arrived, and so has our monthly update on development progress. So, without further ado, let's get started!
1b22ba9ae2c6db96c7d48c7badf81fb7_original.jpg

Work in Progress.
b89a7bcc415418cbb651533bcafd4402_original.jpg

Work in Progress.
Quests are a driving factor in many RPGs, and we are working on quite a few of them. Some are common to everyone, while others are exclusive to a specific background. Here, we are showcasing two screenshots from background quests. Please note that both characters will sport their own portrait in the future.
It goes without saying that each quest introduces new NPCs, items, monsters, and much more!
205901ed948dfcb612aebcbc3cb08cd4_original.jpg

Of course, new quests require new locations. Here is one of them—note the verticality. And what would locations be without secrets, hidden loot, and monsters to hunt down? Well, they would probably still be locations... but boring ones!
b770b250185bcaeb372ec3848ecb6451_original.jpg

Talking of monsters, look at this bad boy: the demonic Red Bog Rooster—token animal of the dark god Velns, champion of wicked violence, adultery, and selfishness. You can find this beast (or rather, it can find *you*) in the swamps of Nova Drakonia.
c394640c883487ae909f7d63cf23eee3_original.png

Now, it's all fine and dandy, but what's the point of confronting enemies if you don't look your best? Speaking of 'dandy'—here is one of the new outfits. As a rule, your starting clothes will depend on your background, but you can change them freely in the Appearance tab.
6896488668d946e2ba59035b929095ac_original.png

Segueing onto backgrounds: at the start of Early Access, we will introduce a new background (though it won't be the last one) in addition to the Noble and Bandit options. We won't go into details about it in this update, but here is the background picture that will accompany it during character creation.

Oh, and in keeping with the spirit of secrecy, here is a short video from the game. Where is it used? Why are we showing it without sound? These are questions we will leave for you to discover ;)

Work on new animations is also ongoing. Like these two specimens for one-handed swords and halberds.

Work in Progress. The animation is not final.
Another problem we've tackled at this time is the lighting issue in several of the dungeons we're currently working on. The solution? A torch, of course! Craft a few, stick one into your shield slot, and take the plunge into the darkness without fear.

To wrap up this update, here is one of the new tracks for the game. Give it a listen and let us know what you think!
Whew! That's all for today! We will be heading back to the developers' cave until the next update. In the meantime, feel free to visit us on Steam or join our Discord server.
Keep on truckin', cool cats,
Yours truly,
Atom Team

Vulpes

Scholar
I hope they don't skim out on the death animations this time around. They were the best part of Fallout's combat and yet were strangely absent from ATOM

The monster design in the demo and screenshots are giving a "Land of the Lost" vibe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom