Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tactical Breach Wizards - tacticool spellcaster combat from Gunpoint dev

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The biggest claim to fame of the gaym is that it inspired this.

Cocksmith

Master of the ancient dwarven dickrunes, a cocksmith can hammer enhancements on the rods of men. Cocksmiths are highly sought after by the nobility, and thus are rarely seen out adventuring.

Penismancer

Dabbling in the ancient art of penismancy, the penismancer injects vile poisons and acids into his urinary bladder, enabling him to launch vicious ranged attacks from his urethra.

Cuntalist

Those illusive people have the rare ability to channel their inner feminine powers. By focusing them as their vagina as the vessel, they can cast hexes and curses from out of it.

Fistlord

The mighty fists of the Fistlords strike fear in the hearts and rectums of friends and foes alike. A fistlord can empower friends and pummel enemies, making them extremely versatile.

Arserker

Hailing from the arid wastes of Ars'kesh, those noble savages are renown as fierce warriors. Able to incite themselves into a blind rage through repeated rectal abuse, the form of a butt-blighted barbarian Arserker charging at you ass first is certainly not a pretty sight.

Plrx support my upcoming kikestarter.

There is no way the gameplay would be this entertaining though.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
"Like a puzzle..."

"Fixed squad..."

"Story driven..."

"Not very long..."

Q2283KV.gif
It's more like Into the Breach.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Very wrong take IMO. More indie games should be short, snappy and story-driven experiences. Instead of trying to become yet another procedurally generated roguelite "play forever!" time sink.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I dunno, how about having like... fun gameplay?
I put 7 hours into the game which means I'm around 50% of the main campaign. The game is by no means great but it's definetly fun and addictive.

Pros:
- Rewind functionality implementation is brilliant. It elevates the entire game. I love it.
- The dev has put a lot of thought into the setting and this is a pleasant suprise. The writing is hilarious and each character has a different personality.
- There is one optimal designed path to win each map but experimentation is allowed. It's hilarious when you can completly steamroll a map because the designer didn't think about some possibility :)

Cons:
- The abilities system is superflous. I find it bloated. Also some optional objectives can only be achieved after uprading some abilities.
- Maps are handcrafted which is good and bad at the same time. The maps quality is all over the place. It's a fun and chaotic at the same time :)

edit: steam tags are completly retarded. Into the Breach and Invisible Inc are the most similar games.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just finished the game, clocked little over 20 hours of playing time. This includes campaign and couple extra missions, probably something like 1/3 of these.

Absolutely adorable puzzle game. Not a tactics game though, despite its name. The gameplay is mainly focused on comboing different spells and abilities of up to 5 characters to push enemies around small rooms and setting them up so they can be yeeted out of windows. Which is surprisingly satisfying. Although there are maps/puzzles/rooms to breach with different objectives, so there is some variety.

But the strongest part of game is it's setting and writing. Setting is kinda goofy (e.g. one of your wizards is a Navy Seer carrying AR receiver with a wizard staff shoved where the barrel should be and another character wields a wooden wand with a silencer and a laser pointer attached to it) but somehow it works perfectly and the dialogues between characters are hilarious. Most of the jokes landed for me and I had been laughing pretty consistently throughout the game. There are parts where the story takes on more serious tones, but it never goes too serious to feel jarring with the overall lighthearted tone of the rest of the game. Wokeness is rather minimal e.g. your party's main tank equipped with huge metal shield is obviously a black woman, but at least she's not a lesbian and is kinda religious fundamentalist, so I don't think the game's devs had been taking DIE money.

Overall difficulty of the game is pretty casual if you just want to beat the maps and progress the story, but each stage has optional objectives and those can be pretty hard to complete at times. Occasionally outright impossible depending on player's choice of upgrades. But completing them only gives you points used to unlock cosmetic-only skins for your characters, so it's something you can partake in when you want extra challenge and ignore when you don't, without feeling like you're missing out anything.

So if you like puzzle games with good story I strongly recommend this game because it will provide you with hours of fun. If not, there's a free demo on Steam that you can check out and see if it's something you'll enjoy anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom