Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Takedown: Red Sabre, aka "Hardcore Tactical Shooter"

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I was hoping for a return to my Rainbow Six 3 days, but it seems I will be setting myself up for disappointment. :cry:

grudgebringer

breaching doors is p.cool. but that means there should be locked doors in missons, right? on video it looks more like he can just open them.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, to hell with this game. I'll just go download Rainbow Six 3 again.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
breaching doors is p.cool. but that means there should be locked doors in missons, right?
Not really. If there's a terrorist on the other side of the door pointing a gun at a hostage's head, breaching the door might be a wise choice even if it isn't locked. Kind of ridiculous how he places the charge right at the center of the door and blows the whole thing to bits, though.

DefJam101

Arcane
This seems to be a game that, while decently fun in its own right, lacks many features of the titles that inspired it. Therefore, it will almost certainly be shielded from all "hipster" criticism by a bunch of people who have never played Swat 3 or Rogue Spear. Those defenders who insist the game isn't boring will then get bored of the game and move on. We've seen this with Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Serious Sam (to a degree), almost every MMO released in the past 10 years, every OLDSKOOL SHOOTER revival attempt in the past ten years, Tribes: Ascend... Good to see tactical shooters joining the party!

This is of course speculation. Maybe the surprise popularity of ArmA will give people some perspective.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
breaching doors is p.cool. but that means there should be locked doors in missons, right?
Not really. If there's a terrorist on the other side of the door pointing a gun at a hostage's head, breaching the door might be a wise choice even if it isn't locked. Kind of ridiculous how he places the charge right at the center of the door and blows the whole thing to bits, though.
Yeah it looks like crap. Raven Shield did a much better job 10 years ago.

If we weren't 2 days away from release i would expect this to be still work in progress.
When asked about it, the FPS modding legend, Christian Allen replied:
When you place the charge you go into third person an regenerate health.
The PR skills of this guy are amazing. Every time someone points out a flaw of the game he lashes out and tells people to go play COD instead.

Shadowfang

Arcane

Boleskine

Arcane
TB really liked this game. Nothing about the gameplay elements particularly impressed me, though.

Shadowfang

Arcane
TB changes his mind.

Now he notices the already-obvious-before-release-crappy AI.
Well too little too late. Or did it get worse between the pax and the release?

Boleskine

Arcane
Haha talk about good timing.

This game seems like a sincere enough effort, but it seems better off as a mod or gameplay mode for an existing shooter.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Budget game looks and plays like a budget game. What were people expecting?

"I demand niche games made for smaller audiences! I also demand these have big time production values because if I ran a business it would be bankrupt in two months! CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT BITCHES!"

grudgebringer

so... :roll:
anyone got a copy and wants to try it in co-op/dm modes? :popamole:

playing with bots in SP seems to be extremely boring.

I'd give'em half of a year of my patience to implement a proper map for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

grudgebringer

just to check if it currently sucks or not. it's inappropriate to judge it by SP missions and semi-retarted AI.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So a game that got 200.000 dollars isn't as good as Rainbow Six? Why I'm not surprised?

Shadowfang

Arcane
The 200k was just for them to build an Alpha and show it to investors. We have no idea how much did they get.
The game is worse than mods made for free with the Quake 3 engine.
Even if you managed to polish and fix all the bugs and glitches you would just end up with a very shallow game.

The fact they were low budget, or are an indie team should not be an excuse of how bad the game is.
There should be standards even for low budget crowdfunded games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom