Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Takedown: Red Sabre, aka "Hardcore Tactical Shooter"

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Things are looking good :smug:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/236510/discussions/
Ive tried to like it but its not even the bugs anymore

Demand a refund.

you funded $221,833 .. and you made THIS?

A speculation on the state of release and player reaction.

i mean i am laughing but not at you customers, i feel sorry for

Seriously. Can I get a refund?

TotalBiscuit PSA: DO NOT BUY

Keshik

Arcane
Amazing, the game can't even exit properly - sure you leave but the process is still running in the background and you have to terminate it via Task Manager.

Boleskine

Arcane
Why would the developers think it's a good idea to release this game in the state that it currently inhabits?

Keshik

Arcane
This is one of the downsides of kickstarter projects: No QA.

Or Serellan just suck. Impressive job with a UI that provides little feedback on you actually changing settings. The loadout implementation is also fauly as well - having to leave a game to change my gear.

Ah well, I guess I got taken.

Got a chuckle from

6zWgXZ9.jpg

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
I think I threw 10 or 15 dollars at this. Consensus is that it sucks, then?

grudgebringer

READ BEFORE POSTING: Message from Serellan and FAQs
Hello,

We have been tracking the community and are aware that some of you are experiencing technical difficulties, and other are confused by certain game mechanics. For those who are having technical issues, please accept my sincerest apology and know that the team is looking to address those issues as soon as we can. Please see the following FAQ for more information.

Thanks,

Christian

Takedown Red Sabre PC FAQ

TAKEDOWN is a hardcore tactical shooter in the purest sense. What his means is that some of the traditional FPS elements we have all become accustomed to are not present in this game to reflect more of a real life scenario. As such weapons are designed to be more realistic with recoil and ammo differences. Also elements such as team kills, no radar, and game mechanics reflect what a user might experience in real life situations. This is part of the realistic and hardcore nature of the game.

To start off, Please ensure that you are logged into Steam when playing TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre. The game utilizes Steam save features and many issues can be resolved by ensuring that Steam is open and running in the background.

There are no scoreboard (names, kills, deaths, shot %).
This is intentional design due to the realistic and hardcore nature of the game. The game is focused on team play, winning and surviving - and not stat based. By taking the focus away from stats we hope this will encourage players to take on roles of support without being penalized and therefore guarantee mission success.

Loadouts don't always seem to work (sometimes we choose a loadout and its not the right gun).

When modifying loadouts:

• Ensure that you are logged into Steam as all loadouts are saved within Steam.

• From the main menu, select “Loadouts.”

• Take note of the loadout number that you are modifying,

• Click the category you wish to modify on the left side of the screen and use the arrows next to each item to scroll between selections. Once you are set in you selections,

• Click, with the mouse, “Modify,” to save the changes, and then “Back” to return to the previous menu.

• Once in a game lobby (Before the game has started) Click “Loadout” on the left and ensure that the correct loadout is selected. i.e. If you modified and saved Loadout 2, make sure that “Loadout 2” is selected, confirm, and press back to return to the lobby.

• There is a very rare bug that prevents loadouts from saving regardless of the above steps. We are actively looking into this issue.

I am sometimes seeing a “disconnected from Host issue” in a singleplayer mission.
We are aware of this problem and are working on this issue now. We will have a fix shortly. More information to follow.

Why is the folder labeled “Early Access?” Is this the beta version of the game?
No, the game you are playing is the release version that was built up from the Early Access. It is just a folder name and not a version indicator.

My Weapon disappeared during a match.
We have been made aware of this problem and are working on this issue now. We will have a fix shortly. More information will follow.

When we are in-game, we cannot change our controls, our loadouts and our game settings.
This is normal; you cannot change your controls while in-game. You need to access the Options from the Main menu. We are investigating ways to make this easier for users. As for Loadouts, it is a characteristic of a truly tactical shooter is that you must select the loadout correctly based on your style and mission needs before the game has started. Think wisely when selecting beforehand to match the needs of the mission.

When we play in coop or Team Deathmatch, the players’ names are not visible.
This is intentional design due to the realistic and hardcore nature of the game. You don’t see names in real life and the community decided they wanted it this way.

There is no reticule for frag grenades
This is also intentional design due to the realistic and hardcore nature of the game. The community decided they wanted it this way since you do not have reticules in real life. You can practice grenade throwing in TRAINING: Killhouse.

Recoil with some guns is very high
This is part of the hardcore nature of this game. Weapons respond differently and mimic real life weapon control. Some guns will have more recoil, just as they vary in accuracy, range, and fire power. Ammunition reacts differently as well to different materials. You can practice with different weapons on TRAINING: Range.

In the servers page, you don't always see all the details you need, and it’s often stuck registering 0/12 players.
We are looking into this issue. This issue has been replicated and we are working on a fix. More information will follow. You can still send connect via direct IP or have people directly connect to your Lobby/Dedicated Server.

There is no radar to spot friends so there is a lot of teamkill.
This is also intentional design due to the realistic and hardcore nature of the game.

Having problems connecting via direct IP.
We are looking into this issue and more information will follow. Please be sure you verify the correct ports open for Unreal and Steam on the routers: 7777 - 77778, & 27000 – 27050.

If you are not experienced with configuring port forwarding “google: portforward” to learn how to configure your specific router or consult your ISP, router instructions, or IT department.

If this still proves to be an issue, Please email support@505games.com and provide details like; Modem/Router make and model and the version of firewall software currently enabled.

Sometimes the key bindings for some actions cannot be changed (like Sprint).
If you are wearing Heavy armor you cannot sprint, additionally if you are wounded in the leg you cannot sprint. We are not aware of any key binding issues since this appears to be the main situation. Additionally, please ensure that you are logged into steam when playing as key bindings are saved within Steam.

Sometimes we cannot shoot through obstacles like staircases.
Only certain ammunition can shoot through certain objects. Different ammo types have different penetration values when hitting different materials.

It’s hard to tell if an enemy is dead at a distance.
This is also intentional design due to the realistic and hardcore nature of the game. Enemies don’t always make a sound or you can’t hear them when they are shot from a distance. Part of the gameplay is, you need to investigate if an enemy was hit or not. Confirming kills is an essential skill and activity requiring teams to coordinate to achieve.

There is no notification when you kill a team member.
This is also intentional design due to the hardcore nature of the game in an effort to mimic real life.

When you open a door you sometimes pass through it.
This is a possible collision bug and could also be related to lag, we are investigating.

When you lean, it doesn't go far enough and you cannot move.
This is also intentional design due to the realistic and hardcore nature of the game.

I am finding it difficult to differentiate between enemies and team mates.
Red Sabre (Blue team) wears the dark blue body armor check your icon on the lower left of the screen to see what team you are on. Tangos are the Red Team and wear terrorists or camo gear. We are also investigating player spawning issues.

Sometimes after switching to frag, we cannot switch back to guns.
This appears to be a rare bug, we are investigating. If you do experience this, try using the mousewheel to switch weapons.

Game AI intelligence.
We have heard the comments on some specific instances of the game AI causing problems and are looking into them. Please look to highlight anything that you see them doing consistently wrong and we will look to address.

Additionally, Please ensure that the following drivers and applications are installed on your machine as this will correct many issues:

• Video Card – Please visit your video/graphics card manufacturers support page for the latest
drivers.

• DirectX - June 2010:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

• Visual C++ Redist 2010

o X86:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555,

o X64:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

o (If you are running a Windows 32-bit OS, select X86).

• .NET Framework 4.5:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Thank you for your patience as we address these, and other issues. We are constantly working to improve TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre and any input from the community is welcome. If you continue to experience issues, please email Support@505Games.com and include as many details as possible including your PC specs.

intentional design. uh, ok.

I think I threw 10 or 15 dollars at this. Consensus is that it sucks, then?
not really, until you try it for yourself.

Keshik

Arcane
As for Loadouts, it is a characteristic of a truly tactical shooter is that you must select the loadout correctly based on your style and mission needs before the game has started. Think wisely when selecting beforehand to match the needs of the mission.

Heh, I guess none of the Rainbow Six games were truly tactical, what with allowing you to pick your gear up until the mission kicks off.

Boleskine

Arcane
Found another

The game doesn't exit when I select quit.
This is intentional design due to the realistic and hardcore nature of the game. You don't get to quit a tactical shootout in real life and the community decided they want it this way.

grudgebringer

Why would the developers think it's a good idea to release this game in the state that it currently inhabits?
bc that's how you do it nowadays - release beta as final version. take a look at blizzards after all.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I can appreciate that a low-budget game isn't going to have the same production values as Raven Shield, but bad design decisions are bad design decisions, regardless of budget.

MetalCraze

Arcane
This is one of the downsides of kickstarter projects: No QA.
Indeed. Kickstarter doesn't bother to check shitheads that beg for money there for talent.

I can appreciate that a low-budget game isn't going to have the same production values as Raven Shield, but bad design decisions are bad design decisions, regardless of budget.

The truth is there are no design decisions.

It's some retard making his first levels in UDK without having much clue and then filling them with random enemies. The "game" is ready!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not nearly enough angry backers in the Kickstarter comments to sate my thirst for despair. :(

Keshik

Arcane
Their forums have some rage, and some ardent fanboy types that maintain that people should support them as they'll get better, hah

Keshik

Arcane
so sad :(
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../613477?ref=email&show_token=dc14d4387ac67b20

i shall wait and see if it gets any better. current build is unstable, and online play is frustrating because of that.

Sadly I don't think they'll retreat on items like the loadouts or the lack of a scoreboard - that was for 'hardcore' tactical reasons, pft. Maybe they'll fix the UI though, who thought no feedback on changing settings (you hit confirm and nothing really changes on the screen to recognize this) was a good idea :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom