Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Team Fagtress 2 has gone full derp

The Ticktockman

Scholar
Thanks dude. Here's all my shit:

http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197968403044

Hell, I'd be willing to sell EVERYTHING in one shot if I could get a good price. You'd become my personal hero if you could help guide me through this shit.

Also, what are the odds of being caught by Valve and having my account banned?

Multi-headed Cow

Hmmm, odds are you wouldn't get much for all that. You've got a decent chunk of metal and gobs of weapons, a fair chunk of which are vintage. Hat-wise the vintage ushanka is your best, since the Killing Floor promo items for some reason have super low value (No idea why, I don't even understand why people buy hats in the first place).

What I'd recommend doing is making a thread there saying you're selling your whole backpack and you're open to offers and give it a few days (Unless you get an offer you're happy with) to see what shows up. Chances are you won't get much for it, but if you don't give a shit then maybe $10-20 wouldn't be bad (I doubt it would go over that, but again, I don't religiously watch hat trades to keep up with everything).

Another tip on hat selling, since you've got no reputation there I'd recommend sending the items over first if the guy buying the items from you has a reputation thread with good news in it. Otherwise be cautious. In fact if you get an offer slightly lower from someone with a good reputation than from someone with no reputation, I'd recommend going for the good reputation. Up to you though.

Edit: Oh yeah, as for being caught by Valve and banned, basically 0 chance. In fact people sell hats for cash on the official Steam forums now, so it's pretty much been OK'd by Valve. The only stipulation being if you get fucked and someone takes your items and doesn't pay, Valve doesn't give a shit.

The Ticktockman

Scholar
Thanks for the advice. I'll make a thread offering my entire backpack and see what offers I get. I'd probably sell for $20, but I don't know if I would for less.

Is it worth it to try to craft some hats? Also, it sounds like it's normal to use a middleman, so shouldn't I do that to ensure things go smoothly?

Thanks again.

Edit: It would be totally bro of you to throw in an initial bid on my backpack to get things rolling if you want. I'll be selling under the name the_ticktockman.

Multi-headed Cow

Probably better off just selling the metal and weapons as-is. You might end up with some of the brand new hats which are the new hotness and sell for a decent $5 or so, or you might end up with generic hats which are no big deal. Depends on if you wanna roll the dice or not. I'd say sell the potential of hot hats.

And place a fake bid? How very underhanded and monocle of you. M:
I guess I could do just one to get the ball rolling. What do you think, $5 or $10? $10 might not be bad if your ultimate goal is $20 and you don't wanna go for less.

Also also, middlemen typically want tips for their services I believe. Less of a hassle if you're just willing to go first. Depends on if your buyer has no reputation or not, but I'd say skip using a middleman.

The Ticktockman

Scholar
What can I say, I'm not above a little underhanded tactics to get the bidding going :)

Right now I'm waiting to get my email verified (which is taking for-fucking-ever). I can send you a pm when my post finally goes up so you can lay down a bid (whatever you think is reasonable and not too fishy). I really hope I can get at least $20, otherwise I don't know if it'll be worth it.

Thanks again dude.

Erzherzog

Magister
Multi-headed Cow said:
OH GOD NOW I HAVE TO BUY WITCHER 2 IMMEDIATELY

Edit: Witcher 2 purchased! Excellent, after I sell those that should make Witcher 2 cost me something like $35 to $15.

You have a problem

Multi-headed Cow

Sold my Witcher hats for $21. Was hoping for $25 to make Witcher 2 an even $20 for me, but that'll do.

Multi-headed Cow

That's PIRACY, Racofer. This way CD Projekt still gets their hard earned potato.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You're right, that's being an accessory which usually gets you the same punishment as the principal~

Secretninja

Cipher
Whatever. Him and my cousins were making fun of this one kid because he traded some hat for a 15 dollar game when supposedly there were like 8 of them in the game and it was worth like 200 dollars. I still find shit like that hard to believe.

Multi-headed Cow

Nothing of note, if you had a few pages of vintage weapons it might be worth a bit more, but that's not really enough to bother selling.

Edit: Also worth mentioning that Ticktockman only got a maximum offer on $15 for his pile, with a single vintage hat and a few particularly rare vintage weapons.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Thought so, thanks for checking though. I'll just keep my vintage Sandviches then.

The Ticktockman

Scholar
Yeah, I've kinda given up on selling my items. I just don't have the energy to hassle people non-stop to buy my shit for more than they're willing to offer.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
New Halloween event is live. Instead of trying to kill a gigantic skeleton with a pumpkin head and a fuck-off sized axe, the goal is now to kill a gigantic floating eyeball that spams rockets and can send you to the "underworld" if you're (un)lucky.

That's not the cool part about the update.

The "collect'em all" part of the event is not about collecting 9 different masks this time. No, now it's about collecting various part of a costume for each class to wear, totalling 32 different items. That can only be worn on Halloween (and full moons, it seems).

That's not the cool part about the update either.

The cool part about the update is that when the Soldier wears his Halloween costume (a cheap-looking robot suit), his spoken in-game lines change... and they're the funniest thing to have come in this game since its launch.

You can listen to them all here.

The Engineer's voice also changes, all his lines become high-pitched when he wears his Fly costume.

Multi-headed Cow

That's pretty great! Haven't bothered playing the Halloween event, but new Soldier voice is neat.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Unkillable Cat said:
New Halloween event is live. Instead of trying to kill a gigantic skeleton with a pumpkin head and a fuck-off sized axe, the goal is now to kill a gigantic floating eyeball that spams rockets and can send you to the "underworld" if you're (un)lucky.

The "collect'em all" part of the event is not about collecting 9 different masks this time. No, now it's about collecting various part of a costume for each class to wear, totalling 32 different items. That can only be worn on Halloween (and full moons, it seems).

The cool part about the update is that when the Soldier wears his Halloween costume (a cheap-looking robot suit), his spoken in-game lines change... and they're the funniest thing to have come in this game since its launch.

The Engineer's voice also changes, all his lines become high-pitched when he wears his Fly costume.

The best part about Halloween event, all the scouts, my 2 week old strange Flaregun has 1300 kills now. God bless them hyperactive little scrotes. Oh, and selling the costume parts for metal, to buy glorious hats with.... ohshit, ive caught Multi-headed Cow disease

TripJack

Hedonist
Unkillable Cat said:

sounds fucking stupid

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom