Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Team Fagtress 2 has gone full derp

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Good news, MHC, the other day when I played for like forty-five minutes I got a Pyro sombrero and reindeer antler in back-to-back drops! Get me some pink and team spirit paints, yo!

Multi-headed Cow

Oh FUCK, THE GRINCH REINDEER ANTLER!? OH MAN. That is a cool hat.

Unfortunately I'm lazy as hell, so you'd be better off trading that to some random person most likely. Only paint I've got is noble hatter's violet. And pink as hell and team spirit apparently aren't in the drop lists which is I guess why they're trading for so much for paint.

Multi-headed Cow

Just sold a Sam and Max set for $140 and am getting $35 of it out as a commission. WILL THE DERPING EVER CEASE

racofer

Thread Incliner
So today I played some TF2. It had been a while since I last played.

I have now uninstalled it along with STEAM, making my computer a happier computahr.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
More derp for TF2. An eagerly-awaited update yielded... 9 new hats and a teddy bear.

Yes, a teddy bear.

Nothing else.

The kicker is, that the new items actually cost as much as the Orange Box, and twice as much as TF2 is being sold for on Steam.

Look.

It's been three months since I uninstalled TF2 for good, and all it's doing for me now is give me moments of :facepalm: like this.

It's actually easier for me to simply not spend money on hats or to ever accept a random drop than it is to uninstall. So I still have it on my computer. Shocking, I know.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I bet that that bear is made of over 40000 polygons and will cause unexplainable amounts of in-game lag for months to come.

Multi-headed Cow

Hahaha. Buy $15 worth of indie games, sell companion cube pin and potato hat for $35, wait a few weeks until demand drops and they get cheap, trade extra copy of TF2 for trading fodder, trade trading fodder to get potato hat and team spirit paint.

HATITALISM, HO
578px-Pyro_potato_hat.png

Of course the really stupid part is I bothered getting myself a potato hat even though I don't really play TF2 much any more.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
We're so proud of you. We'd give you a cookie, except you're propably full after all that potato. :P

No, nice going in all seriousness. Being the smartest man in the room is not so easy when the room has 3 million people in it at the same time.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
New TF2 update.

Highlights? The Sniper's last name is Mundy, and he gets a Good-looking article of clothing.

Lowlights? Just about everything else.

They add a Replay editor, allowing you greater control in editing and submitting "hilarious" YouTube videos of your TF2 games.

But that wasn't derp enough, so they created the "Saxxy Awards" to have players submit videos to compete in 20 different categories for "most derp videos". Winners get... a hat. To make things even derp, there are 8 new achievements, of which one half is directly tied to using the editor (in a minimal effort kinda way) and the other half is tied directly to YouTube views of your video. That's right, if 10, 100, 1000 or 10000 people watch your TF2 Replay video, you get achievements... and a hat.

Not enough derp for ya? Some more hats were added, but with a twist: If you're among the first ones to craft them, you get a number value assigned to the hat, as well as all crafted hats now have your name tacked on it too. People are already raging about having spent ludicrous amounts of Refined Metal to get either nothing of interest, or some numbered hat that's not #1.

At first I felt bad about the direction the game was heading into. Now I feel bad for every having played this game.

:retarded:

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Eh, after the last seven months of fuck-ups, anything that doesn't break the game and adds news features (even useless retarded shit like this) without murdering the gameplay is an upturn. Yeah, youtube views achievement is heavily derp, but it's downright genius compared to gameplay-altering cosmetics, the unplayable update and the Jewish christmas update with two different sets of crates using two different keys.

UserNamer

Cipher
I played this game a lot (400 hours in three years) but hats are the stupidest gayest fucking shit ever.

Hats for christ sake, HATS. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT STUPID HATS.

Multi-headed Cow

I care about hats. If you have hats you should give them to me because I appreciate them and/or would get them into the hands of someone who would appreciate them.

Hats.

Multi-headed Cow

It's still there. It's just that now it's a vehicle to show off your hats.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Despite all the bitching and moaning the game plays pretty much the same as it did a few years ago when it launched. Most people still use the default weapons.

Multi-headed Cow

Yep. Actually been playing a little again lately. Pretty much always have a good time with it. My biggest complaint is how difficult it is to find a vanilla server, and not one going full retard with SINGLE MAP 24/7 or INSTANT RESPAWN or NO CRITS NO WEAPON VARIATION.

FFS bullshitz

Destroid

Arcane
You wouldn't have those problems if there were no dedicated servers, like CoD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom