Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Team Fagtress 2 has gone full derp

attackfighter

Magister
I like the homewrecker :(

I never knew it was slower than the flamethrower at killing non-sentries though, I always whipped mine out whenever I saw a building that I didn't have to strafe to kill.

Imo the powerjack also sux, although I use the backburner so what do I know...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
My experience with the Homewrecker is that it's faster to just burn the building, though results may wary. One reason is because sometimes when I hit a building with the Homewrecker the hit doesn't register - I get a "squish" sound and nothing happens, even though there's nothing else there to bother me.

Quilty

Magister
Which maps/modes do you guys prefer to play?

I've been playing a lot of Pipeline recently, the payload map, though I mostly play Harvest and Harvest Halloween maps. I don't know what it is about Harvest that makes me like it so much. Guess it might be the fact it's so fast, you connect and bam, you're killing shit, getting killed, fast and furious, not too much camping because it's way too cramped for that, and you don't have to teleport all over the place.

I really dislike the fact that most maps are designed with one or two extreme chokepoints. Far too often the game devolves into turrets vs. nades.

attackfighter

Magister
I hate the chokepoint maps too. My favorites are probably Harvest, Harvest event, gravel pit, well, coldfront, egypt and nucleus. Honorable mentions go to granary and badlands, but those maps tend to result in stalemates, with one team turtling at their last point and the other team unable to break through.

Most 2 way capture point maps and KOTH maps are very fun, especially if they're wide open. You get a lot more one-on-one fights and less retarded spam war. They're almost like death matches rather than capture point/koth games. Sadly Valve's recent maps have mostly been payloads, and often very narrow ones. Seems like a lot of the maps would be fun with <16 players, but since every server is either 24 or 32 they end up being mindless spam maps.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Homewrecker is ok for mini sg, other than that its soul purpose is fucking with spies.

racofer

Thread Incliner
DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

hi all

first i must say thank you all for this board so i can keep my son away from nasty stuff the devil puts on this earth

as grateful as i am i am here to tell you all to ban team fortress 2 (abbreviated as TF2) for the following reasons

i discovered about it this weekend when my 15 year old son charlie brought home his friend and they were playing on his friend's laptop a game where it's nothing but killing, bad words, god bashing, anti-american propaganda, and worst of all HOMOSEXUALITY

first off this is their artwork they use to advertise to the MASSES

ref_tf2splash.jpg

as you can see, they all are posed to look threatening (i guess that's what boys like these days)

there is also blantent homosexuality (when the doctor heals his patients they all say things like "i love this doctor" or "get behind me doctor!")

they made a character that looks like a soldier and he talks about god's world being his ("this is my world, you are not welcome in my world!") when i heard this i was MORBIDLY SHOCKED and appalled and ashamed of my son and he knew it

i was wondering why my son was getting into fights and after i saw this i banned him from ever seeing his friends

if you see your child playing this, tell them to uninstall it and watch him do it!!!

hope this helps parents out so your child doesn't stray far from god!

-baseballmom67

Holy shit!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
*reads clueless mom trollpost*

Guess no-one told her about the Pyro's ambigious sexuality or how the Spy is banging the Scout's mom...

Multi-headed Cow

Feels good, doesn't it? Once you've had a taste of hat you must have more.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I actually want to get that hat and paint it pink... if I ever get back into TF2 anytime soon.

Multi-headed Cow

I got a defiant spartan out of my Christmas key and box, and traded it for a modest pile of hat, alien swarm parasite, orange ghastlier gibus, frying pan, reclaimed and a nametag. Pretty cheap price for a defiant spartan, but I didn't really like it and I kinda wanted to get a parasite and gibus back, and I really like the modest pile.

Still quite low on hat, and I miss the tough guy's toque and whiskered gentleman, but I'm content now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh yeah, I got that free key thing. Have yet to decide which crate to open.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Tycn said:
Rather ironic of you to link to Landover, a site that actually knows how to troll...

When I checked the link, I soon figured out the post was a troll. Then I figured out the whole site was a troll.

But what I find fascinating is that there are members of that forum that have made thousands and thousands of posts over several years, presumably all 'in character'. I find their dedication to the troll both admirable and disturbing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Metro said:
Oh yeah, I got that free key thing. Have yet to decide which crate to open.

Open a Festive Winter Crate. It looks like they have the best odds for a hat: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Festive_Winter_Crate

But the crates willl disappear before the end of the year.

Unfortunately I never got one of those to drop the short amount I played the last two weeks. I just got series 7, 8, and 9... I think. But yeah, definitely not a festive one.

Multi-headed Cow

Shoot me a PM with your Steam account and I'll give you one.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
That's it, I give up. A small and very innocent-looking update was released a few days ago, until I spotted one line in the patch notes:

# Fixed enemies seeing death notices when you backstab their team mates with Your Eternal Reward.

This means that if someone on your team gets stabbed with the YER, there is no in-game method available for you to know about it except if you happen to witness it, and it isn't exactly easy to spot in the first place. You actually have to rely on the person that was stabbed to announce it in the voice chat (or god forbid, type it in chat) assuming he even has voice chat in the first place. You're not only reduced to, but now also forced to use meta-gaming tactics to try to deal with an in-game obstacle.

This makes the YER so overpowered that, as you can expect, EVERY SINGLE SPY is using it now, and 90% of them are using it with the Dead Ringer. Killing one spy with the Dead Ringer takes more effort than killing an overhealed Heavy, and now you have to dedicate team members (note plural) to be constantly and relentlessly spy checking? This, naturally, assumes that there's only one YER+DR spy on the opposing team. You might as well ragequit on the spot if there are two or more.

The balance of classes was precarious in TF2, what with all the crap melee items and new OP Heavy items, but this breaks the camel's back. I'm done. It's been a great time, and I certainly got my money's worth, but this is too much.

And no, you can't have my hats.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Are your trading skills still elite? I still have that Picklehaub and Beanie -- dunno what I'd want. Haven't played in a while and don't think I'll play again for some time. I guess I'd still want the Team Spirit paint to use on my demo glasses and maybe the pink for random shit like the Killing Floor Pyro hood. Or a key if you got one of those.

Multi-headed Cow

I haven't really been playing or trading. Only reason I traded that spartan was because it was free and I didn't really care for it. Might get into TF2 again down the road, but since Christmas and Steam's big sale I've basically been playing Fallout New Vegas non-stop, and once I'm done with that I'll probably glom on to another singleplayer game.

Multi-headed Cow

Well, I HADN'T been trading. Friend of mine wanted me to try selling all his hats for $100, so I've been poking at that a bit. While checking that out, saw a guy wanting to buy the treasure hat (Second tier treasure hunt hat, the one with the open chest and coins falling out) for $20 and he would supply the gift wrap. Just so happened that was the hat I got from the Steam treasure hunt sale, so I snapped that up in a heartbeat.

Shame I didn't buy ALL the games for the treasure hunt, the biggest treasure hunt hat sells for like $400. Would have made a few hundred bucks profit even including the games I wouldn't otherwise have bought. Guess I can't complain about getting $20 for buying games I was interested in anyway though. $20 covers a lot of cheap Steam games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom