Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Team Fagtress 2 has gone full derp

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're just reskins. Which is fine because I use the default mini-gun 95% of the time.

Multi-headed Cow

Finally got the whole Saharan Spy set and hot damn is it silly as fuck. Have yet to see someone spin around when I uncloak behind them with dead ringer. Admittedly they would live longer if they were paranoid and looked behind themselves more often, but I've been kicking all manner of ass with the spy set bonus and I'm not a terribly good spy.

I'll probably drop the set bonus and go back to regular watch, knife, and gun whenever I get the pac-man watch from the Poker game, but I will keep my stylish spy with his fez, sunglasses, and camera beard.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Your new mission is to get me a Vintage Texas Tengallon. I'll give you a vintage Picklehaub, green paint, and 4 crates in exchange b/c I'm too damn lazy to do it myself.

Multi-headed Cow

Nonsense, I see your thread. I'm watching you AT THIS VERY MOMENT, METRO. That's a quite reasonable offer though so you should be able to find one. Especially since Zephanaiah's Greed is a relatively rare and popular color.

Also just got my hands on a modest pile of hat. If only I could use my black paint on it so I could be a droog.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I need someone with your skills to acquire the merchandise!

Multi-headed Cow

Skills nothing! Your offer is good, just keep bumping your thread occasionally. People don't value the pickelhaub quite as much as the ten gallon, but like I said the paint is a nice bonus and a few crates certainly don't hurt.

Multi-headed Cow

What the hell. Some guy's offering me $15 for my hatless engineer, my camera beard, my 2 refined and my haunted metal from Halloween (Which he will supply me with the giftwrap to send it to him).

I have a terrible dilemma here. My hats have been acquired through playing the game or buying games on Steam. Dare I sell my hat-soul to terrible people who spend money on hats? I must say I'm tempted.

Multi-headed Cow said:
What the hell. Some guy's offering me $15 for my hatless engineer, my camera beard, my 2 refined and my haunted metal from Halloween (Which he will supply me with the giftwrap to send it to him).

Think that's bad? People are buying New Vegas, the new Call of Duty and all sorts of brand new $50+ games in trade for some of the "better" unusual hats. It's fucking ludicrous.

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, I've just caught wind of some of that. Makes me wish I bought fucking Sam and Max season 3 for the $35 preorder price, could have traded that hat for a $60 game now.

Ended up sitting on my hands and not agreeing to the offer until the guy had already bought hats from other people. Slightly regret not jumping on the derp immediately but it's probably just as well, I most likely would have used that $15 as an excuse to buy CoD Black Ops which would have been a terrible idea.

Multi-headed Cow

Oh Christ, now someone's offering me Black Ops for my entire TF2 backpack. All my hats (Not terribly many, but I do have a Bill's from preordering L4D2), and absolutely all of my vintage weapons.

On one hand, I had a lot of fun finding weapons and trading hats, and I still enjoy playing TF2. Especially since I've got basically every weapon and most of my favorite hats.
On the other hand, I know I'd have fun with Black Ops (Many bros I play with are buying it, and I enjoy CoD multiplayer).

I think I'm gonna go for it. Worst case scenario, I lose all my TF2 items. TF2's still perfectly fun with the vanilla weapons and no hats.

Multi-headed Cow

I totally did not get ripped off and now own Call of Duty Black Ops and have 0 tradeable TF2 items. 135 hours of TF2 played turned into a $60 computer game.

Still feels weird as hell, but even though I value TF2 hats enough to trade them and be happy when I get them, they're still god damn hats.

Quilty

Magister
I am posting in a thread that delves deep into the horror of retarded consumerism. It's filthy in here. :?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Not aimed at anyone in this thread, bur the TF2 retardation is reaching new lows. Seriously, people are willing to give away crap games for rare TF2 items?

I have all the weapons except the new Heavy gloves which I traded away for the last piece of scrap metal I needed to craft the Headtaker.

I'm still looking for the Big Kill, but that's the only rare item I'm hunting down. Last offer I saw for one was 4-5 vintage hats, which I found to be a bit too steep.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'd definitely trade all my stuff for $60... but I wouldn't buy Black Ops with it!

Quilty

Magister
Metro said:
I'd definitely trade all my stuff for $60... but I wouldn't buy Black Ops with it!

I hope you'd spend it to buy a whore to look over your shoulder while you play PS:T and then ravage her tastefully.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nah I'd probably buy some other games the Codex would frown upon...

SoupNazi

I wasn't saying it's too much. The opposite. $60 is just about enough for 20-30 minutes of an average whore. You'd just about fire up PT, finish the first dialogue and then have enough time to undress, only for her to leave right after you see her naked.

For whatever reason, the Medical Mask seems to go for retardo high trades. A bit lame, considering it looks really nice with a few of the Medic's hats.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
That's why it sells for so much. Plus that its not technically a hat, but an accessory that can be combined with a hat.

Due to a bug some time back, Camera Beards are much more common, but the big thing in "accessories" is the Whiskered Gentleman for the Pyro.

And, of course, the Service Medal that started the whole RAGE AGAINST THE HAT MACHINE.

Unkillable Cat said:
The Service Medal that started the whole RAGE AGAINST THE HAT MACHINE.

I have no damn idea why people pay so much for them. They're not even that rare, there's 11-some thousand of the things, yet people are asking like 4 hats for one of up there in the thousands. Maybe something good if you had one in the hundreds, or something a bit radical for one of the first 100, but why like 4 hats for #6815

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
The Derp just keeps on going in this game...

*browses through update*

EDIT: The new game mode is the Medieval mode, where only melee weapons and certain weapons available in medieval times are available, among those the cloak (?) and the disguise kit (??), the bow for the Sniper and the new crossbow for the Medic. In short, it's a melee fragfest. It's just a damn shame that TF2 sucks in melee mode due to lag and unbalanced classes. To prove my point I played a round of Medieval and proceeded to dominate the server... as a Pyro. All the Demoknights on the server were not amused.

Among the many new weapons and hats are items exclusively made with the Medieval mode in mind, which can only lead to disaster.

New set items were introduced, leaving the Engineer as the only class without one. The Demoman gets a riot police gear, the Heavy some sort of feral woodlands mish-mash (including a mean brass minigun) and the Medic got the Medieval pack, which I think is pretty awesome. The Meet the Medic video is also moving closer to completion according to Internet rumours, so expect that sometime soon...ish.

But the real derps are in the Mann.Co store once again. Now you can get the new set items in single bundles for $20, all the new ones for $30 or all existing set items for $75. To add insult to injury, all the older set item hats are on a sale, going for as little as $6.

A bigger derp is the new Christmas crate, which nobody knew for certain what would contain. Turns out that it contains one new random item or hat, BUT you have to buy a certain Festive Key to open it. Who didn't see that one coming?

Finally they're selling additional backpack slots for $5. :retarded:

My interest in this game is rapidly diminishing. It's being milked for all that it's worth.

attackfighter

Magister
Wow, that sucks. They should've stopped the updates after all the classes had been done. Even the trading update sucked, before it I thought hats were uber cool and special but now that I have around 30 it's just "meh".

Rhalle

Magister
Unkillable Cat said:
A bigger derp is the new Christmas crate, which nobody knew for certain what would contain. Turns out that it contains one new random item or hat, BUT you have to buy a certain Festive Key to open it. Who didn't see that one coming?

Finally they're selling additional backpack slots for $5. :retarded:

I had hoped they would actullay have an event, like Halloween, and the keys would drop during that. Apparently they had other things in mind.

Some of the animations are bugged, there's no new taunts or kill icons and you even can get ERROR models in the gameworld if a player dies with some of the new stuff equipped.

Lazy, lazy greedy Valve. It's a new low for them.

I shudder to think that HL3 will have a cash shop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom