Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
"I'm so rich I willingly give my money to other rich people instead of donating it"
wow you're cool bro
rusty_shackleford watch what you say. It sounds like you're not a believer in capitalism. Don't they hang you in the kwa for that?
how is donating against capitalism?
libtards love flaunting their money while expecting everyone else to pay for the poor

It isn't. But agitating against paying for products and giving cash to corporations is. Are you some sort of deep cover PRC agitator?

Fucking commie.

Codex Year of the Donut
"I'm so rich I willingly give my money to other rich people instead of donating it"
wow you're cool bro
rusty_shackleford watch what you say. It sounds like you're not a believer in capitalism. Don't they hang you in the kwa for that?
how is donating against capitalism?
libtards love flaunting their money while expecting everyone else to pay for the poor

It isn't. But agitating against paying for products and giving cash to corporations is. Are you some sort of deep cover PRC agitator?

Fucking commie.
Capitalism creating excess wealth that can be shared with the less fortunate is one of the reasons I love capitalism though.

Some thoughts now that I've played through once in arcade mode with randos online:

- 6-player multiplayer robs the game of any challenge it may have had. With so many players on the field you're easily given enough breathing room to taunt, which builds enough meter for your invincible super. Taunt should be nerfed, honestly.
-The 'rescue' mechanic to bring someone back from the brink once they've lost all their life is also OP with 6 players-- in matches that large it's a rarity for anyone to lose a life, since someone is always there to rescue you. And even if you die you're likely to have a lot more lives to work with.
- That in mind, I would really like more matchmaking settings. It'd be cool if you could limit the number of players who can join. Difficulty feels right around 2-3 people IMO
- The game is full of homages to other fighting games and beat 'em ups. One of the bosses is a reference to Battle Toad's mech boss that you fight in 2nd person, which is neat
- I'm pretty sure April is the best character in the game by a wide margin. I've been completely wrecking shit with her. She's fast, her jab1 can stunlock a lot of enemies in the corner (you could easily get a 999 combo with enough patience), she has good dragon punch and her super is mobile.
- Why is Raphael's super Endless Screw instead of Leonardo?

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Some thoughts now that I've played through once in arcade mode with randos online:

- 6-player multiplayer robs the game of any challenge it may have had. With so many players on the field you're easily given enough breathing room to taunt, which builds enough meter for your invincible super. Taunt should be nerfed, honestly.
-The 'rescue' mechanic to bring someone back from the brink once they've lost all their life is also OP with 6 players-- in matches that large it's a rarity for anyone to lose a life, since someone is always there to rescue you. And even if you die you're likely to have a lot more lives to work with.
- That in mind, I would really like more matchmaking settings. It'd be cool if you could limit the number of players who can join. Difficulty feels right around 2-3 people IMO
- The game is full of homages to other fighting games and beat 'em ups. One of the bosses is a reference to Battle Toad's mech boss that you fight in 2nd person, which is neat
- I'm pretty sure April is the best character in the game by a wide margin. I've been completely wrecking shit with her. She's fast, her jab1 can stunlock a lot of enemies in the corner (you could easily get a 999 combo with enough patience), she has good dragon punch and her super is mobile.
- Why is Raphael's super Endless Screw instead of Leonardo?
Turtles in time's SNES version had a 2nd person boss fight too.

Generic-Giant-Spider

These DotEmu guys ain't so bad. I thoroughly enjoyed both this and SoR4.

I see they're also doing a Metal Slugs Tactics game which is looking pretty cool.

Edit: Nvm, different people developing. They're just publishing. I'm a DUMB nigga ackackackack

Melcar

Arcane
Yeah, April is the best.

Agree on the taunt/super mechanics. It's very easy to exploit. They should limit it or just make it so the animation makes you much more vulnerable.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
April is the greatest fictional Irish woman of all time.

image.jpg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The single player game works fine, haven't tried multiplayer.
It's a decent beat 'em up, though it's not flawless. It can be a bit repetitive, though that's a risk of the genre as a whole, so I don't hold much against it for that.
My bigger gripe about it is that there are some enemy and boss types that are kind of dull because they amount to: screw around during invulnerability window, bash on it, repeat. Again though, this genre has a tendency towards simplicity, so YMMV.
The difficulty level is reasonable though it may err to the easier side, depending on your personal skill level. Fortunately, the difficulty selections seem to be decent to accommodate various players, from what I tried of it.
All in all, I'd say that the game seems directed to younger players who enjoyed more of the later (current?) TMNT cartoons, but there's something in it for nostalgia driven players as well. The overall feel of the game is certainly on the G-rated TV cartoons as well, as most people likely expected, rather than something like the original black and white comics.
If you like TMNT and brawlers or just TMNT, this is probably worth a look. If you're mostly just into brawlers, there are better games in the genre to check out.
:5/5::2/5:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom