Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Telepath Tactics to be Liberated from Old Design

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Darth Roxor, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Tags: Sinister Design; Telepath Tactics; Telepath Tactics Liberated

Sinister Design has just announced a ground-up remake of their best-selling international hit Telepath Tactics, under the title Telepath Tactics Liberated.

Here's what it's about, straight from the horse's mouth:

[​IMG]

For those who never played Telepath Tactics, Telepath Tactics Liberated is a deep and engaging strategy RPG built upon the combat mechanics of Telepath games past, albeit with layers and layers of tactical depth poured on.

Featuring a cast of dozens of engaging characters, a well-told story, 72 classes, more than 150 skills, branching promotions, and mechanical depth still not seen in any other strategy RPG to date, Telepath Tactics Liberated is an SRPG fan’s SRPG.​

If you've already played the original Telepath Tactics from 2015 and are wondering what's new in the remake, Craig is glad you asked because using telepathic precognition he predicted that you would ask “But Craig, I played the original Telepath Tactics from 2015. What’s new in this remake?” and responded with a long-ass list of things, some of which include:

• New hand-designed maps!
    • New difficulty modes!
    • 3D terrain! (Elevation effects no longer distort the map; characters visibly sink into water or lava and disappear into chasms.)
    • More than 40 new skills to learn!
    • More than two dozen new classes!
    • Smarter AI! (You will now get shoved off of cliffs if you’re not careful!)
    • Support for saving mid-battle!
    • A vastly improved user interface, including a dedicated shop interface and a dedicated promotion interface!
    And that's without even mentioning some of the more important bits like new dialogue and HDR bloom lighting!

Telepath Tactics Liberated is going to come out in mid-March 2022.

• Brofist x 7
    • Informative x 3
    • Shit x 3
    • honk honk! x 1
    • quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    hell yeah, remakes always turn out great!

• Funny x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Slam dunk! x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    New art looks good, maybe I'll give the original a try too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Arthandas Arbiter

Arthandas
    Graphically, it looks worse than the original, the backgrounds look like they were taken from a completely different game

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Dr Schultz Savant

Dr Schultz
    It's one of the best tactical games around. There isn't much to enjoy outside the battles, though.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, I don't remember much of the "story" except something about the two sisters avenging their dad (I think?). Man, has it really been 5-6 years since it was released?!! However, the game itself was great. I had a ton of fun with the battle system, getting my party wiped a few times as well! Once Craig got the thing patched up properly it turned out to be one of the few successful KS games of that time.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    The original is 50% off on gog atm.

^ Top  
  9. gaussgunner Arcane

gaussgunner
    Ok.. that's incline, he spent the extra money for good 2D portraits, not the typical flat 'corporate weeb' style. I can only think of a few RPGs that even come close, and most of those are big-budget 3D shit. Campaign editor sounds cool too.

^ Top  
  10. LibertyRansom Augur

LibertyRansom
    Bought the original game several years ago. Tactical combat and classes were good. Overall theme/plot/dialogue of the game was not memorable and not my cup of tea, although I recall it having all the trappings of a man focusing his writing on "brave and strong female protagonists." Notwithstanding, I wish him the best of luck with the project

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.