Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tempest Rising - totally not Command & Conquer clone from 3D Realms

Quatlo

Arcane
Hilarious how much more like an actual C&C track this sounds compared to the imitations they presented before lol.
Reminds me a lot of End of Nations ost, and thats a good thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

More units, in our RTS?

Brand Casteel (Wayward Strategy) returns once again to talk about the Voltaic Tank, an anti-vehicle unit that utilizes a charged particle beam weapon to punch a hole through the GDF's line of defense.

ghardy

Educated
Is this dead? Has anyone played the demo?

The link on Steam directs to a 3D Realms domain that's expired.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is not dead but I think they are in some kind of financial troubles as they are downsizing their release plans by cutting 3rd faction and "releasing it later". My guess that later will depend on sales..

Lemming42

Arcane
These guys are absolute clown patrol. Shitgate Ironworks literally can't make games. What's surprising is that, going by the demo, this project was unusually competent for them (possibly due to working with other devs on it?) so it's crazy if it's the one that gets cancelled while very low quality stuff like Phantom Fury gets released.

Suicidal

Arcane
Yeah the game seemed decent from the demo. Could be good with additional polish. Really hope it's not canned.

ghardy

Educated
That's sad. Some of the gameplay videos looked attractive.

I can't recall: did they have eSports ambitions like Stormgate?

ArchAngel

Arcane
That's sad. Some of the gameplay videos looked attractive.

I can't recall: did they have eSports ambitions like Stormgate?
They never mentioned esports. I think they were focusing more on core C&C experience with classic C&C pre missions briefings and all.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried it. Vehicles still don't feel like vehicles. Just bigger units that move very unnaturally. The game is also fast as hell. Feels like a game on zoomer mode with Adderall sprinkled on top.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Just gave the demo a try. I like the sound track and the battles are pretty nice, but I noticed that Infantry are way tougher than in CnC and I'm not sure I like that. Tempest units seem way stronger and tougher than GDF units too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just gave the demo a try. I like the sound track and the battles are pretty nice, but I noticed that Infantry are way tougher than in CnC and I'm not sure I like that. Tempest units seem way stronger and tougher than GDF units too.
Or maybe infantry is resistant to non infantry weapons (including tank fire) like it was in earlier C&C games.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Or maybe infantry is resistant to non infantry weapons (including tank fire) like it was in earlier C&C games.
That's the thing, even when I used machine guns they took a beating.
It's not too bad with Tempest because flamethrowers are super strong against infantry, but machine guns are oddly weak and it takes a while to kill them.
The most effective GDF unit were grenadiers for that reason, because GDF machine guns are weak against infantry and gdf tanks are weak against infantry and barely good against tanks, but mass grenades just kill everything.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A new Demo for Tempest Rising is playable NOW during TactiCon from July 18-22. We’re very excited to be featured alongside so many other great RTS games in this Steam event.

This new demo gives players the opportunity to play through two new missions – GDF Mission #2: Hornets’ Nest and Dynasty Mission #2: The Informant.

Suicidal

Arcane
They fall over instantly whenever a flame trooper farts in their vicinity.

I'm not sure about their design for Tempest Dynasty. Seems like they want the faction to be both NOD from C&C and USSR from Red Alert, so you have units like the rocket buggies for stealthy hit & run tactics, but also their basic tanks are stronger than GDF basic tanks (much more HP but slightly less range, but not enough to matter).

Tried it. Vehicles still don't feel like vehicles. Just bigger units that move very unnaturally. The game is also fast as hell. Feels like a game on zoomer mode with Adderall sprinkled on top.
Yeah vehicle movement is still weird and pathfinding sucks dick, I wrote it in the survey but if they haven't fixed it by now chances are they never will. I didn't feel the game is too fast. Seems like a decent pace. It's slower than Starcraft and heavier units can actually survive intense fire by the time my lazy ass moves the cursor over them and orders to move away.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah vehicle movement is still weird and pathfinding sucks dick, I wrote it in the survey but if they haven't fixed it by now chances are they never will. I didn't feel the game is too fast. Seems like a decent pace. It's slower than Starcraft and heavier units can actually survive intense fire by the time my lazy ass moves the cursor over them and orders to move away.
I might overact a bit, but the whole package felt very fast to me still. The combat, with the building and harvesting. Felt like you got a lot of money very quickly. I had no idea what to spend it on, besides building an A-to-click army to destroy everything.

Suicidal

Arcane
I just queue 5 of every unit. I think you do get more money here than in C&C, but maybe it depends on the mission.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
They fall over instantly whenever a flame trooper farts in their vicinity.

I'm not sure about their design for Tempest Dynasty. Seems like they want the faction to be both NOD from C&C and USSR from Red Alert, so you have units like the rocket buggies for stealthy hit & run tactics, but also their basic tanks are stronger than GDF basic tanks (much more HP but slightly less range, but not enough to matter).

Yeah, Tempest just feels outright stronger than GDF. Their tanks are better and their rocket buggies are fast and actually do damage. The Tempest demo mission felt a lot easier than the GDF mission because you can just ctrl-A through your problems.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've tried the latest demo with 2 missions and overall I liked it but I didn't like the new Starcraft 2 movement where units barely have any collision and push each other around like they are all on ice or something.. It is especially noticeable after I have been playing C&C Generals Zero Hour for last few weeks and I like the old pathfinding better where it is way better than SC1 but not near SC2 levels and you still need to micro units around to get most of them to fire on as many targets as possible.

Keshik

Arcane
Demo was what I expected, sort of Generals like. I sure didn't really know what I was doing though, didn't get much time to play.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Whoop, missed out on the demo.

Does this game have a launch date announced or are we still in the "wait and see" period?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Demo was what I expected, sort of Generals like. I sure didn't really know what I was doing though, didn't get much time to play.
It was more like later C&C games than Generals. Only General's thing was infantry shooting out of a transport vehicle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom