Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tex Murphy Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
"Biggest fool april has ever seen"

That has to be a hint that it will be released in April.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
As much as all of us want to very much play this fucking now, I'd rather they take the time and finish the game they want to release.

Boleskine

Arcane
I think out of all the major adventure kickstarters, Big Finish Games seems to have best had their shit together from day one. Their updates have always shown tangible progress, and at the same time they've only teased enough to get people excited without spoiling too much. There hasn't been a single thing that didn't make me excited.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It seems to me they had already designed the whole game on paper before going to kickstarter, and since they knew exactly what they were going to do and how, they moved really fast afterwards. That's how kickstarters should be done and not "hai gais I have this great idea and this character mockup, if you give me money I'll try to make this into a game".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
As much as all of us want to very much play this fucking now, I'd rather they take the time and finish the game they want to release.

Would you stop fucking saying that for every single game. They've had enough time. NAO, bitch, NAO!

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
It seems to me they had already designed the whole game on paper before going to kickstarter, and since they knew exactly what they were going to do and how, they moved really fast afterwards. That's how kickstarters should be done and not "hai gais I have this great idea and this character mockup, if you give me money I'll try to make this into a game".
Except you can't really make most games by writing a monolithic game design document then implement it afterwards.
The process needs iterations/corrections/tweaks during the development phase.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Except you can't really make most games by writing a monolithic game design document then implement it afterwards.
The process needs iterations/corrections/tweaks during the development phase.

No you can't copy paste the design document. But you need to have a clear vision about what you want and how you want to do it (mechanics, engine, etc) and put it all in a design document, beforehand. Afterwards of course some things will change, but many KS projects don't even have this, they just have a vague description of the project. Many old-school developers reappear like this, and they don't even have a clear idea about the tools they're going to use to make the game.

Wizfall

Cipher
Never played a Tex Murphy games, only watched playthrough of them.
While i found the playthrough, stories and well almost everything mildly entertaining, Tex Murphy's character/setting/atmosphere/music were fascinating to me.
Also although i watched those playthrough only a few years ago, the nostalgia vibe i got with this serie is exceptionally strong (Chandler avenue...).
I kind of fear that the high definition, the improvement of the FMV technology (and also to be honest the aging of the actors) will not necessarily benefit the series.
I quite liked the blurry/imperfection of the FMV of the previous games, added a lot to the charm IMO.

80s Stallone

Arcane
What is up with that Christopher Nolan / Hans Zimmer-styled trailer?

Dramatic Scene *ROOARR* Dramatic Face *ROOARRR*

Boner killer.

Will buy anyway!

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
they got the ambient right, same type of vibe coming out..that's not easy to accomplish :) The humour element seems likewise of a similar..flavour, they've done well looks like. My only gripe is the Gaylord sorcerer persona; When will the Holywood infested white man understand that unethical,dangerous -//- clenching hard on a constipation level? Regardless, looking forward to playing it..damn, can still remember playing the other ones, all those years back; Retrospect huh..

Is it just me by the way, or is it a touch more self-conscious (we play within a play) than the prequels were?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/texmurphy/tex-murphy-project-fedora/posts/782705

Greetings Mutant League,

Well, we know you're all abuzz about the Beta! Just to keep you updated, we are currently in the process of uploading the Beta Build to www.gog.com.

After, GOG will generate codes for us to email out to the Beta Level Backers so they can download it from www.gog.com.

This whole process is new to us, so we don't know how long it will take - but we are very, very close to getting the Beta out to you good folks!

Thanks for your patience!

Repressed Homosexual
It has the same problems as the modern Command & Conquer with FMV scenes, in that with HD you see the cheap costumes and you see how disjointed the special effects and backgrounds look.

Nevertheless, it looks like they've got everything right.

I wonder about the trailer though, I thought they made a series of radio shows to show what happened after the end of Overseer? Doesn't the canon clash with this?

Edifice

Educated
Please have good puzzles and exploration. They've shown almost nothing but cutscenes and almost all of the other "point & click revival" games seems to lack in those areas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom