Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Thank you for your patience during our down-time

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmmm....

BlgOOne.jpg

No no no! It should be...
VvkqLFF.jpg

Ok.... i was just bored is all.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Clearly the weeks of downtime was mandatory to release a minor software upgrade.

Seems to be much nicer though.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
After much hard work and pain, the site looks and behave like it did already before.
I think that, these days, if you obtain zero net progress, it is more than acceptable.

Gregz

Arcane
Nice server crash this morning. Well, it seems to have improved performance anyway. Before the crash I could barely load the site or shoutbox, now it's fast and responsive.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Ironmonk

Augur
I don't know if there is a thread for posting feedback, so I'm gonna post here instead.

One important feature missing from previous version is the option to hide forum sections... like, if I don't care about "VR Gaming", I can turn it hidden.

And probably a new one would be a option to also hide the "Latest profile posts" located in the bottom right of the site... people usually post images there and it can be annoying and/or NSFW.

Last edited:

Gregz

Arcane
Twiglard

The #top and #footer arrows in shoutbox aren't working correctly in brave (chrome). Instead of scrolling inside of chat they just move the whole page (like a default page scrollbar). It would be nice to have the following inside of shoutbox:

Page Up
Page Down
Recent

I.e. similar to discord paging controls.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The #top and #footer arrows in shoutbox aren't working correctly in brave (chrome)
They're working correctly, but I think they should be hidden on the main index and the chat page, as well as on the wide layout. And it's gone.
It would be nice to have the following inside of shoutbox:

Page Up
Page Down
Recent
I have limited possibilities for writing addons at the moment, especially ones that depend on payware addon functionality (i.e. the siropu chat module).

Last edited:
Firstly, I was never patient.

Second, everyone knows sequels are almost inevitable decline, yet now the codex will use XenForo 2? Sad... Sure the first one looks a little dated now but it had soul!

youhomofo

Augur
I want you to know that I was not patient. I was deeply upset and triggered by the Codex's absence.

I expect a full apology within 24 hours--which I will reject.

Wild Slop

Arcane
For perma text color use settings menu found here :

A4EKhBN.png

I cropped that screenshot here, this is the upper right corner of the shoutbox.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Now someone sticky that post to explain it to every person that asks about it from now on.

Gregz

Arcane
Twiglard

Scrolling inside of Shoutbox is a bit of a mess in Chrome:

1. Mouse wheel should only scroll the Shoutbox itself, not the entire frame.
  2. Also, it would be really nice to have Page Up and Page Down functionality inside of shoutbox.
  3. Also, it would be nice to have an option not to have Shoutbox autoscroll, so you can read exactly from where you left off when you last walked away.
  4. Also, it would be nice to have a <Jump to Present> button like Discord has.
p.s. If users don't like an @ in front of tagged users, can you use an off-grey link color like Codex 1.0 had? Bold white just blends too easily with the text, it's hard to notice when quickly scanning the text, a tag should stand out visibly. Bold is OK, but it should not be Bold white, Bold grey would be better imo.

p.p.s. Codex 2.0 performance is still very choppy, needs a few optimization passes.

Gregz

Arcane
Scrolling inside of Shoutbox is a bit of a mess in Chrome
Just use the full page variant.

There are many reasons why this is undesirable. I usually don't want to see most of the garbage at the top (I scroll it down so it's off window), and I need to have multiple windows open at once for other tasks I do inside of my OS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom