Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Amiga Screenshot Challenge!

Falksi

Arcane
Here you go.........

http://www.starfieldsoftware.co.uk/Games/Amiga/Amiga-Screenshot-Challenge.aspx

72 for me

CIXfq17.png

EDIT:

Also, a general screenshot quiz too.....

https://www.tryinteract.com/share/quiz/5f509d8909860d00148aead4

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Some images didn't load and in some instances I didn't trust my instincts, so it could have been better.
Also, the more images shown the more one could use the elimination method, since the pool of games used is rather small.
jB7cG5a.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
6TXnOiH.png

That said it was easy to guess many of them, and only one of them was dickish, as in choose either Game 1 or Game 2 in the same game series.

Nyast

Cipher
I've never owned an Amiga. Result: 88 correct.

TSQ8lkq.png

10-15% of them can easily be found since the title is somehow included in the screenshot. Some, you can eliminate due to the game style versus the proposed titles. I made some genuine mistakes for some of them ( Kickoff vs Kickoff 2, lol ).

Falksi

Arcane
6TXnOiH.png

That said it was easy to guess many of them, and only one of them was dickish, as in choose either Game 1 or Game 2 in the same game series.

Yeah, I pissed misen when I saw the one which said "Predetor" at the top of the screenshot lol.

Still, great little bit of fun for me that. Would love to see more on various systems!

phox9n.png

I must admit, my true (humble) score, that is, without process of elimination, would be closer to high sixties or low seventies. I just never was big into platformers or sports, and there were a few adventure titles I wasn't familiar with.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
77/100
I feel like I knew nothing. There were the ones that were obvious with the title, but there were also the ones like the sports games. Usually those were obvious. Like, its a picture of a basketball game and there's only one basketball game in the list. Or the screenshot for Romantic Encounters at the Dome, which would have been obvious even if I hadn't played it. I probably would have gotten only fifty legitimately.

Last edited:

Glop_dweller

Prophet
No need for me to take the test. I only ever played Eye Of The Beholder on the Amiga. I had an Amiga 2000, but a mouse climbed into it, and peed on the motherboard; apparently it was some strong pee.

2Cfm8Ye.png

This one was more interesting than the last, even if it did include alot of console/jap titles. The genesis version of Buck Rogers was an interesting touch, as was offering a Gold Box screenshot and offering four different Gold Box answers (though it wasn't difficult to anyone that mildly scrutinizes it). Minus those I got by elimination (about 10-15) and adding straight up guesses due to image not loading (about 8) my theoretical actual score is between 65 and 76.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
As with the other quiz, some images didn't load and using elimination method was a valid tactic.
But too much console games for me to do well.

And I missed the Buck Rogers game, which I thought was strange until I realized it was a console version.
U7nX5Eb.jpg

Falksi

Arcane
2Cfm8Ye.png

This one was more interesting than the last, even if it did include alot of console/jap titles. The genesis version of Buck Rogers was an interesting touch, as was offering a Gold Box screenshot and offering four different Gold Box answers (though it wasn't difficult to anyone that mildly scrutinizes it). Minus those I got by elimination (about 10-15) and adding straight up guesses due to image not loading (about 8) my theoretical actual score is between 65 and 76.

Nicely :) I obviously didn't create the Amiga one, but enjoyed creating this one. Could have easily done a 100 more, so will knock another one up over the next few weeks too.

Good score mate. Best anyone else has had up to yet is 55

Regards the images loading all seemed to work for me, a few were just slow. So I'll be mindful of that from here on. Instead of linking to them I'll try downloading & uploading instead.

Last edited:
2Cfm8Ye.png

Nicely :) I didn't create the Amiga one, but enjoyed creating this one. Could have easily done a 100 more, so will knock another one up over the next few weeks too.

Good score mate. Best anyone else has had up to yet is 55

Regards the images loading all seemed to work for me, a few were just slow. So I'll be mindful of that from here on. Instead of linking to them I'll try downloading & uploading instead.

Thanks. It could have been impatience on my part, I gave the images a few seconds and guessed if it didn't load quickly. Also, having to identify characters was definitely a great idea. Nice poll, indeed.:incline:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
For some reason the quiz refused to load anything after question 20, so I couldn't continue...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Its not just Octavius this time, I had some issues with images too.
My score was 72/100. Had to use my noggin on some of those, so good job. Nice selection of games too, wasn't expecting Midwinter 2. I'd say the sports games were problems, but I think that's just standard for all us dweeby nerds. You could have chosen a better image for Tidus too.
For some reason I feel proud that I confused Skyrim with Horizon: Zero Dawn, a sign of the 'dex wearing on me...if I had ever played either of them...

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got a score of 83, a few I made an error in choosing too fast, but equally many I purely guessed.

Sports games were easy, I really liked them on Amiga.

85, because i couldn't distinguish manhunter 2 from 1 and all the remaining i honestly never ever even heard of.

mondblut

Arcane
EYjV14U.png

I can't tell any platformer apart. Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom