Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Callisto Protocol - new survival horror from Dead Space creator

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I can't wait for more PUBG lore
Survival horror game The Callisto Protocol is set in the PUBG universe

They can fit PubG storyline as social experiment turned sour made for rich people on planet Earth while on Jupiter's moon is where real horror happened.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
_346_5_2022_coverstoryhub_v1.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Anything with the name "Callisto" in it is going to prick up my ears for at least a moment because I keep thinking of that lovely psycho lady from the Xena show that kind of looked like a variation of serial killer cunt Carla Homika, if she were actually hot and attractive.

p1XxqsH.jpg

RepHope

Savant
I’m excited, there’s been a bit of a drought for horror games recently. Need something new to play. :bounce:

ADL

Prophet
I can't wait for more PUBG lore
Survival horror game The Callisto Protocol is set in the PUBG universe
The funny thing is, I came in with this story when I went and met with the PUBG people for the first time and started talking about [The Callisto Protocol] and building a studio," Schofield said. "I presented this game to them, and so what we did was we made it fit within the PUBG storyline"
No PUBG lore, not interested

Dodo1610

Arcane
##

The version of the trailer on their own YT channel says it gets released on PC/Steam as well.
Sony/MS do this all the time they claim a game is exclusive while it really gets released on all platforms.

JDR13

Arcane
Jesus Christ! This is Dead Space on steroids.

It's highly derivative that's for sure. I don't think it looks better than Dead Space, but it's hard to tell just from that little bit of footage.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

It's highly derivative that's for sure. I don't think it looks better than Dead Space, but it's hard to tell just from that little bit of footage.

I agree. It doesn't look better than Dead Space because (1) dismemberment is gone and (2) enemies are fast. This looks like Resident Evil in space environment.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

SumDrunkGuy

"""gameplay""" trailer, but i'd be lying if I said it doesn't look good:

*No PC logo at the end is worrying though, is this supposed to be an exclusive?

Sure I'll play that. Good thing I bought a PS4 Pro instead of a PC or I would have missed out on this one!

Last edited by a moderator:

mkultra

Augur

I agree. It doesn't look better than Dead Space because (1) dismemberment is gone and (2) enemies are fast. This looks like Resident Evil in space environment.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Source? A 1 second google gives me

Combat will have a strong emphasis on dismemberment like Dead Space, but will involve traditional weaponry like Pistols and Shotguns rather than tools. There will also be an ability similar to kinesis called “GRP”, something that’s apparently used for crowd control by the prison guards. Melee with a baton will be present, as well as stomping returning.

Also, no one knows how fast or slow all various enemies are..

Last edited:

mkultra

Augur
The version of the trailer on their own YT channel says it gets released on PC/Steam as well.
Sony/MS do this all the time they claim a game is exclusive while it really gets released on all platforms.

wut... it even says in this trailer that it comes to steam.
Timed exclusives is a thing since forever, but then you have to wait for 1+ year usually... not here though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom