Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex of Roguelikes

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
What the fucking hell is this?

I fucking died there from hellhog who first ate 90% of HP with fireball then finished with next hit.
And that was a Labirinth. In trunk version.

buffalo bill

Arcane
I have been throwing myself into caves of qud recently but I can't shake the feeling it's style over substance. There is so much fluff that it begins to feel like a white wolf gamebook read through over being an actual amulet hunter. That's great in some ways but it puts me to sleep, soundtrack is narcolepsy inducing ( and one of the best I've heard since fo1)
I think the best content right now is in the mid-game, particularly Golgotha and Bethesda Susa. Both dungeons present fairly unique challenges that require some thought and planning to overcome, imo.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What the fucking hell is this?

I fucking died there from hellhog who first ate 90% of HP with fireball then finished with next hit.
And that was a Labirinth. In trunk version.
Two things come to mind: You seem to have had the option to see what was ahead, so you could have either bailed if you lacked the resources or prepared by getting fire resist, using other potions, scroll of fog, whatever.
Also, 1 AC? Jesus christ why?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
That's great in some ways but it puts me to sleep, soundtrack is narcolepsy inducing ( and one of the best I've heard since fo1)
CoQ has the comfiest soundtrack

hqdefault.jpg

muckguppy

Prophet
It's got hefty cooldown. The game is fine until something blows you the fuck up out of nowhere with zero warning. Yes, roguelike staple.. but take all the defensive measures you like you are going to get blown the fuck up. My fault I pick evil twin and get disintegrated through 7 layers of wall now and then I guess

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2018/12/celebrating-100th-adom-release-ever.html
Celebrating the 100th ADOM release ever!

Hi everyone!

We are proud to announce the release of ADOM 3.3.2 as a general release on Steam and GOG (currently we have a 10% sale on GOG)! This release marks a numerical milestone - it is the 100th release of ADOM since its inception.

ADOM 3.3.2 is a bugfix release increasing stability and providing a number of bug fixes to annoying bugs. You can find the changelog in the usual location.

We soon hope to release ADOM 3.3.2 as a general public release on IndieDB, too.

In the meantime you can vote for ADOM on IndieDB - ADOM has entered the top 100 of the games at IndieDB and we'd love to win in the roguelike category - so please vote for us!

Changelog:
ADOM 3.3.2 (Release 100) (18 December 2018, Steam and GOG)

- Task 6348 - Update libraries and improve stability
- Feature 6352 - Allow monster memory to be closed by mouse click
- Bug 5874 - Game crash with error: Failed to translate '\Ch'.
- Bug 6092 - Left Mouse Button No Longer Casts Spells
- Bug 6314 - Cure light wounds formula typo
- Bug 6344 - Melee/missile weapon master typos in the manual
- Bug 6353 - Nihilist ending typo
- Bug 6354 - Rolf fortune cookie typo
- Bug 6355 - Berserker prince shout typo
- Bug 6360 - "Critical hit!" floating text shown for any damaging missile attack
- Bug 6365 - Attempting to hire a settlement mercenary when you have 0 gold crashes the game
- Bug 6370 - Only bottom left corner visible in Mac OS X Mojave
- Bug 6371 - Noteye error on startup
- Bug 6372 - The cursor isn't shown in ASCII
- Bug 6373 - Lowercase z doesn't work for exiting "easter egg" monster memories

Last edited by a moderator:

getter77

Augur
IVAN continues to marvel with v0.55
https://github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases/tag/v055

Changes:

• Added Freedom for Tweraif victory: It is now possible to win by bringing freedom to Tweraif, and then making sure it stays free. It is a low-ranking win, but at least your village will be safe.
  • Considerably reworked Lobh-se.
  • Added new shields, amulet, wand and artifacts.
  • Added several new materials.
  • Buffed regeneration. It now both regrows limbs and speeds up restoration of HP.
  • Stamina cost reworked. It will decrease more slowly, balancing powerful artificial limbs better.
  • Mana attribute decreases cooldown of magical items.
  • Scroll of body switch is once again unwishable.
  • Decreased frequency of magical equipment.
  • Improved stethoscope display.
  • Tweak the effects of prayers.
  • You may only become the champion of either Valpurus or Mortifer.
  • Increase effects of Wisdom on prayers.
  • You can now attempt to steal from shops.
  • Added crafting.
  • Move saves, bones and config to user directory.
  • Add LGTM code quality badges.
Fixes:

• Backtrace.
  • Broken vials are no longer fixed into bottles.
  • Fix wizard mode autoplay mode.
  • Fix heap-use-after-free in go::Handle().
  • Harden bitmap::Fill().
  • Fix first person being used in crafting messages.
  • Fix dialogue of Terra.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://mariodonick.itch.io/lambdar...devlog/61763/lambdarogue-major-update-now-v17

LambdaRogue Major Update (now v1.7)

The roguelike role playing game LambdaRogue has received a huge update to v1.7 today.

LambdaRogue: The Book of Stars is a complete roguelike role playing game, with unique features and story, distinct atmosphere and feel, and a user-friendly, but traditional interface. LambdaRogue was created in 2006 by Mario Donick. Find the Book of Stars and set mankind free in story mode, or fight Eris, the evil deity, in the shorter Coffeebreak mode — the choice is yours.

This is the first major update for LambdaRogue since 2012, and it is huge indeed. :)

I worked on a lot of areas, to make the game look better and play more interestingly, esp. in the midgame and lategame, which felt a bit grindy to me in the previous version. I touched nearly every aspect of the game, and it feels much more "fluid" to me now. We have new monsters, some monster behavior changes and additions, new status effects, new items and more variety in dungeon level generation. We have a new fighting style (unarmed), changes to religion, digging, and how ammu for fire-arms is handled.

The most visible change, of course, is the new 40x80 tileset, which is now switched on by default. To let the new 40x80 tileset shine, there is now an additional display mode available, 1920x1080. You can toggle big and small tileset either by pressing Page Up / Page down on your keyboard (this is like zooming) or in the options menu (so you can easily "zoom out" for getting the big picture of the dungeon, and then "zoom in" again).

To better match the style of the tileset, I've also changed the artwork for menus, windows and status effect icons. The status effect icons are also much better readable this way. Note that I actually _removed_ all the intro and "cutscene" graphics which we had in 1.6.4; these were not fitting to the rest of the style visually anymore.

Finally, I've added many more sound effects and a few soundtrack additions, incl. a fresh title song.

Now, enjoy!

If you like the game, leave a comment, send me a post card (address is in the in-game credits) or leave a donation at itch.io (donations are much appreciated, as they help with commissiong additional artwork for the game).

Features
Story Mode is the original way to play LambdaRogue, with a large main quest in three chapters and many side quests. Embark on a long adventure to find the Book of Stars. Discover the history of Herbstwelt and redeem what is left of mankind.

Coffeebreak Mode is a more typical roguelike experience, without story and quests, and a straightforward goal: Go down the dungeon, deeper and deeper, until you reach the Core. Defeat Eris, the evil deity, to make life peaceful again for the people.

Four professions make for a varied game, every time you start, after just another stupid death or just for trying something new. Develop your talent by gaining experience (coffeebreak mode) or by fulfilling exclusive quests (story mode).

Five religions add flavor to your style of play. Excercise in humility and offer sacrifices to please the gods. Invoke powerful divine rage upon your enemies. Pray to your selected god when in need.

Find lots of useful items in shops and in the dungeon, to be well-prepared for what ever might lurk in the darkness of the depths. Experiment with combining items to create new ones. Disassemble items into raw materials to craft special equipment in the resource workshop. Use tools to dig through the caves to discover hidden rare items.

Study and train powerful songs, to enchant your way through the everchanging dungeons. Find hidden crystals in the dungeons to learn songs you can’t study otherwise. Use magic as supporting device, or devote your entire character to the art of chanting. As Enchanter, climb the ranks of the Council: Become Battle Mage or Holy Warrior.

Easy to Play
Inspired by modern games, LambdaRogue was one of the first roguelikes to show character status, mini map and message log in the corners of the screen. Rooted in roguelike history, LambdaRogue is decidedly not mouse-controlled, but uses the keyboard: Move with the numeric keypad, cursor keys or even Vi keys.

On the bottom, there is the configurable quick bar, which gives fast access to your preferred items and magical songs. Status screen and inventory show colored hints if your status values are affect positively or negatively, or if an item is better or worse than a currently equipped one.

There are only a few commands to remember. The Enter key is context aware and performs the most important actions. If needed, you can change keybindings in the in-game options to your liking — prefer WASD for movement? You can set it there.

Full HD or ASCII
In Graphics Mode, LambdaRogue features an exclusive tileset created by Brazilian artist Cecilia Souza Santos. Zoom in and out as needed. Choose from 1920×1080, 1024×768 and 800×600 resolutions, available windowed and full screen.

ASCII Mode is a true console display mode (80×25), using the Windows command line or your favorite Linux terminal. Guide your @ through hordes of enemies — this is how roguelikes are meant to be played!

Versions and Platforms
LambdaRogue: The Book of Stars is available for Linux and Windows. The game was tested on Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10.

On Linux, the SDL v1.2 libraries have to be installed on your system. On Windows, the necessary .dll files are included.

Full FreePascal source code is available (GPL v2 licensed), so it may well be possible to compile the game for other systems as well. Give it a try.

Important Note on Save Game Incompatibility
Please note that previous save game are not compatible with LambdaRogue 1.7 and higher! Do not attempt to continue an old save game with the new version. This is esp. important if you used the itch.ip app for installing, as this does not delete your old saves. To delete old save games, open the LambdaRogue folder, open the "saves" folder and delete the files with the ".lambdarogue" suffix.

Get LambdaRogue: The Book of Stars
Download NowName your own price

BlackGoat

Arbiter
You can't unbuy (that is, receive the money you paid) but you can straight up delete them from your library. I've done that with a few games.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
How? I thought the only thing you could do is to hide them.
My OCD cries out loud when I see games I won't play or at least have no good memories of playin it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Alternately, you can open the Steam client on your PC then select a game from library while in Details view (if in Icon view, click Details). Select Support from Links column located along the right-hand side, then click I want to permanently remove this game from my account.

I can't fugure out where it that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom