Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Maria

Novice
It's very pretty Jack :)

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Thanks, but it looks quite horrible.
I'd love to see someone experienced make one.

praetor

Arcane
SPORT THE WAAAAAAAAAR!
WAAAAR SUPPOOOOOORT!

so yeah, C!

(and it would make more sense to form an alliance with the lizards beforehand)

TNO

Augur
C, War.

Time for fursecution. They've fucked with us for the last time.

Turanei look fairly decent guys. Didn't conquest unless you really pissed them off. The only reason the Phyr and Raumen are calling them xenophobes is because they got mauled. Definitely talk to them.

Maria

Novice
I wonder what part of military operations this councilwoman presides over... I'm thinking black ops.

:rpgnazi:

Would be a fitting emblem for my troopers

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
lamgaaacj.jpg

Pretty meh poster, but you get the idea.

lightbane

Arcane
So be it then. Fellow High Lords of Terra, prepare the troops and roll out! No foul xenos will escape the Emprah's wrath!! (Besides, option C already covers option A) Let's crush some of the furrybears' ships and watch them hopelessly imploring mercy!

Cenobyte

Prophet
Option c) for the lulz for the spread of our magnificent civilization and culture!

The Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda has already prepared some material for public relations and recruitment purposes:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If it's not too late to get in on this, I'm in. I've read most of the prior stuff.

In my mind, we need to take down the Phyr - now better than later. C is for Codexia! To war!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Jack said:
We have waited centuries for this moment. The rivers will flow with the blood of those who oppose us.
mamfoaacj.jpg

My photoshop skills are very limited, but I tried.
I just realized that I wrote 'the' two times.
:rage:
Why didn't anyone tell me?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
root said:
i thought our uniform was more along the lines of

Calgar_playa.jpg
Not in the fleet.
Our officials however bear an almost terrifying resemblance.

taplonaplo

Scholar
C!

I'm really interested how this will turn out, will the crystal meth guys intervene again? Will the Raumen backstab us?
Either way, we remain idle no more!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So the crystal meth aliens have had a relatively benign hand in this.

Interesting write-up, Barbarian.

What we know is this: The Raumen attempted to be all intricate and stuff, over played their hand, and got smashed by the Turanei. Remember that they Mustered their Clans to invade the Turanei and the Phyr, that they paid the Phyr to invade the Turanei, and that they lost to both the Phyr and the Turanei. This is a lesson to us all that political machinations can backfire, and if at that point you don't have enough power to follow through, you're dumb and you're fucked.

The Turanei, for all their xenophobicity, appear to be what I can most closely equate to a racist redneck sitting on the porch with a big shotgun warning off trespassers on his lawn. He may hate you but he isn't likely to go out and shoot you if you don't provoke him. They only began going after the Phyr after a major colony was bombed. Who knows, our destruction of the misguided bears may even net us grudging respect in their ranks if we depopulate Phyrrie worlds nicely.

On the part of going to war with the Phyr, they may have great strength when desperate, but we're not as weak-willed as those hyperindividualistic pieces of chitin. They refused to listen to us when we told them we just needed to find out the truth of the matter. Why was that? They had a guilty conscience. But they did not trust us to mediate any end in the conflict. We are Codexia. Had they come clean to us, had they confessed their sins against their lizard brothers, we would have helped them.

But instead they destroyed our peaceful diplomatic mission. In any other circumstances that would have called for a swift reprisal. As it is, they have a large amount of back-dated reprisals that we'll be calling in now. Time to fuck them over.

C. Mobilize immediately, in preparation for war.

We march. Rebuking the Phyr will be good practice for the true war that is yet to come. In the name of all that is good and just, we must admonish the Raumen for their hubris. Now it is clear they did not want us to side with the Phyr or contact the Turanei as both races are not friendly with them. How dare they attempt to direct Codexian foreign policy? Take note that we have found out killing the Clan Father harms their war effort greatly. Mayhaps the Clans are only kept united in a Great Mustering by such a personage. This information is of great interest and for this I concede that finding out the truth of the war was the correct choice.

edit: Codexia is Codexia. Codexia may have a multitude of titles; but in the end Codexia will be Codexia in the hearts of its citizens. And if the Raumen attempt any attacks on us, we will fuck them over too if they desire a fucking that quickly. Bug fuckers.

We will need to sharpen our war senses, and soon. The Sixth Great Muster of the Clans may be led against our own Codexia. We defeated but two clans previously, but fifty years has passed since then, and now we are wise to their ways. Their guerilla tactics are only effective against us once. We can beat them. Fear no attacks by the Raumen for it will only hasten their own doom.

The Hin'in Empire is not us, it happened a hundred years back while the Raumen War was fifty years back, involved two clans, and did not require a Great Muster (but if we had opted to continue the war back then, one may have been called down on our heads), but it may be a reference to Humans. >_>

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It seems neither the bugs nor the bears are to be trusted.

Option C.

Mobilize for war. We might have to battle both of them. Meanwhile, we should, if at all possible, try to make contact with the lizard people, offer them a war-pact, as we'd be fighting their enemies. We could even share our intel to prove our intentions.

lightbane

Arcane
The ship must be called the Litany of Butthurt.

I love how much attention and detail this game is receiving...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Azira said:
It seems neither the bugs nor the bears are to be trusted.

Option C.

Mobilize for war. We might have to battle both of them. Meanwhile, we should, if at all possible, try to make contact with the lizard people, offer them a war-pact, as we'd be fighting their enemies. We could even share our intel to prove our intentions.

Good idea, unless of course they betray us and we get too much on our hands.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
atu6d.png

Behold the Codexian eagle, native to our mother world of Codexia. It has finally awoken, its once folded wing now spread, ready to take flight. It is the most fearsome predator of our planet, the apex predator of apex predators. Its cry of "r00fles!" has been our traditional battle-cry long before we ever imagined setting out into the stars.

Now, as we march into the second century of Codexian interstellar expansion, we must let the eagle lead us.

r00fles!

edit: We should not go out of our way to make contact with the lizards. After all, we will encounter them sooner or later as we carve a swathe of bloody destruction through Phyrrie territory. Obviously, our fleet should have orders to be prepared for any Turanei contact as they progress. War is great, I love war, but I would prefer to smash the Phyrries and turn my attention towards the Raumen rather than getting dragged into a conflict with the Turanei, which would work out well for the Raumen themselves. Jewbugs have had it coming for a long, long time. Fuck that, the lizards fire on us we kill them too. But I'm guessing they're restrained enough not to do that.

Maria

Novice
We carve through the bears, try to steal their cloaking tech and try not to engage the lizards unless they prove to be the racists the other guys try to make them and attack us first. In wich case our glorious ships will show them codexian supremacy.

Edit: r00fles!

wjw

Augur
C, without doubt
The Phyr diidn't warn us when they were killing our explorers...!

However it would be unwise to fight the Raumen as wel... One target at a time! Remember WOII....

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
To War my brethren! We shall pursue the bears relentlessly until they are crushed beneath our mighty treads! Preferably while getting in the good graces the Turanai.

Our fury shall sweep over the stars and planets of our enemies, and in its wake shall nothing be left but ash and sorrow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom