Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

wjw

Augur
C!!

Finally we get a chance to put and end to the social unrest and reform our goverment! What if the Amonenth have an attractive religion/culture? Social urest must be avoided.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
More obvious retardation from the council.

Crystaline beings living on the surface ... :roll:

Option C.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
We better make this worth it.
A.

Remember who was the only one voting for deepspace exploration?

laclongquan

Arcane
Damn straight that this boondogle better worth it!

Cut loss is no can do. We dont have that much to throw out the windows. And that will lead to social unrest, as the public will see, rightly, that the council didnt take care with their tax money.

Funding more mission with gov money is also too risky. No reason at all to think that it will bring back benefit that worth the cost.

That's left "recoup the cost" option. Oh well.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
awesome story and narrration so far. thanks to barbarian for the his effort.

as for my opinon , congrats for the clueless councillors opting for A, We almost got our asses handed to us, by just two clans of bugs, we were only be able to win the war againts the bears, because they were, already weakened from a prolonged war, and we only had to deal a quarter of their forces, we were just lucky. We avoid the reptiles because we knew they will fuck us in the ass , and don't have the courtesy to give a reach around . And now,do you really want to provoke and draw the wrath of apparently, the most powerful xenos out there?. they want to remain incognito and proved elusive, albeit for all our efforts , so I say we cut back on our losses, the exploring the anometh space was an bad idea from the get go,galaxy is vast, we also have an uncharted space rightabout, well, everywhere. This sector of galaxy is apparently full of assholes, so we should expand elsewhere, who knows what wonders we shall get to know, and exploit right?

P.S : for the less educated a i mean it's C , which comes after B and before D

TNO

Augur
B. We have the cash to spare on exploration, so keep going. A is asking for it, and C is just throwing money away.

laclongquan

Arcane
golgepapaz, my thanks for showing how idiotic you are.

Let me give you a Codexia Senate 101. I will keep it short, simple, and simplified since I doubt you can follow anyway:

The Senate is dominated by three sectors of interest. the mercantile faction, who is mainly interested in making money and avoiding clash with aliens. You could be said to be in this faction. we suspect the lot of them are xenophobic and ironically enough, in Raumen's pocket. The War faction, who is interested in Codexia the conquering and genocidal empire. This faction want to genocize the lot of aliens, so almost naturally their votes go for more weapons or war. Jack is a long term advocate in this corner. The Suicidal faction, who is interested in making the whole Codexia going the way of dodo, will vote for anything has the potential of us go die. Oh, they dress it up as "Ascendency of Machine", Ascendency of AI, Ascendency of Borgs or some such shit but the bottom line is to make ALL of us die. Among three main factions are various other flipflopers and genuine statemen. There's even rumours about some godlets in training but no substance to support that theory.

As for the cause of this boondoggle, I will recommend you read the archive of several Senate discussions. Dont say you did, because your behaviours show that is unlikely. After that, return and maybe we can get to the meat of this issue.

Ashery

Prophet
B.

However, if the votes are tallied and B is too far behind and I don't edit in time, switch to C :smug:

Might I add that it was privatization that lead to the first war with the bugs that nearly wiped us out.

golgepapaz

Augur
Ashery said:
B.

However, if the votes are tallied and B is too far behind and I don't edit in time, switch to C :smug:

Might I add that it was privatization that lead to the first war with the bugs that nearly wiped us out.

votes are all equal at four if you insist on seconding B at the moment, but i am sure that you will see the light of reason and switch to C in due time..

laclongquan

Arcane
No no, it's not privatization. It's the War faction who was itching at the bit and want to pile on any alien show their face. They decided to Attack without proper intel, so of course they got countered. Plus at that time we just invested in wyrmhole tech and not FTL so the FTL-using bugs got advantages in tactics. When we decided to concentrated on using our own strength which was concentrated fleet actions to trash their bases, they died.

Get the facts straight, man!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
laclongquan said:
Let me give you a Codexia Senate 101. I will keep it short, simple, and simplified since I doubt you can follow anyway:

The Senate is dominated by three sectors of interest. the mercantile faction, who is mainly interested in making money and avoiding clash with aliens. You could be said to be in this faction. we suspect the lot of them are xenophobic and ironically enough, in Raumen's pocket. The War faction, who is interested in Codexia the conquering and genocidal empire. This faction want to genocize the lot of aliens, so almost naturally their votes go for more weapons or war. Jack is a long term advocate in this corner.
:love:
I'm so happy that my xeno hate haven't gone unnoticed.

Now to the discussion.
Councillors, if the ammoneth truly didn't wish we should colonize their territory they would have given us a sign by contacting us or destroying our scout ships.
We haven't even encountered any sign of these legends called "ammoneth".
Perhaps they are since long dead, they might disappeared or moved for some reason.

What do you really think you'll find?
We have to salvage what we can from this failed first contact mission.

golgepapaz

Augur
laclongquan, I respect your seniority in the council and gruntingly wont reply to your ad hominem remarks, but I did received a digitized archive of all council proceedings after my election and read them. I would like to bring to your attention that, even that warmonger brute jack opted for exploring open space beyond the raumen territories( although I think his main motivation might be installing military bases disguised as supply centers , hoping the get his long awaited revenge on the bugs by launching surprise attacks), for even, he is able to to understand we can't cope with the amoneth might at the moment.

Tiime of amoneth will come, and I am sure you will be around with your bio-modded longevity. But for the moment I think we should focus on internal stability and less risky endeavors.

edit: this should have come before the jack's post.. I am a slow writer.

Maria

Novice
A! Let's get some money out of this sinkhole.
Besides, the private colonists might find something we missed... and then we'll regulate it and take it!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
taplonaplo said:
I'm leaning towards option C at the moment, if they don't want to be found, maybe it's better not to push it too much. I'm not certain in the current state of our economy, but i'm open to B as well, so i'll cast my vote later. Option A could lead to some serious shitstorm if the Amoneth have an environmentalist philosophy.

Councillor, your words changed my perspective forever. You told us not to be wishy washy. To be consistent and focus and follow through. That is why I am now pursuing my desires, whatever the cost.

Are you going to betray my dreams by pussying out? :(

You voted to contact the Amoneth, councillor. Follow through. Settle their territories, or spend more in looking for them, but don't, for r00fles' sake, back out on us now!

laclongquan

Arcane
No chance of that I am afraid. The War faction got pretty good mouth so when the time come for chance of war they will scream the loudest and attract more attention from flipflopers. The Suicidal faction alas sometimes can blindside the mercantile faction thus can achieve some success for their long term goals.

On another note, let's talk about current situation of Codexia:
1. External debt: the debt owed to Raumen is enormous and still havent been paid yet.
2. Internal threat: AI, colony versus homeworld conflict, class conflict.
3. External outstanding threat: None as of now.
The xenophobic lizards appear to be okay for now. Bugs is buggy.

On the bright side, the fleet is still in human hands. Should the AI get uppity, the cost might be terrible but at least not selfimmolation since we can contain damages.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
golgepapaz said:
laclongquan, I respect your seniority in the council and gruntingly wont reply to your ad hominem remarks, but I did received a digitized archive of all council proceedings after my election and read them. I would like to bring to your attention that, even that warmonger brute jack opted for exploring open space beyond the raumen territories( although I think his main motivation might be installing military bases disguised as supply centers , hoping the get his long awaited revenge on the bugs by launching surprise attacks), for even, he is able to to understand we can't cope with the amoneth might at the moment.

Tiime of amoneth will come, and I am sure you will be around with your bio-modded longevity. But for the moment I think we should focus on internal stability and less risky endeavors.

edit: this should have come before the jack's post.. I am a slow writer.
I do realize that a war with the Ammoneth would be fatal.
But as I said, if they are such an advanced and intelligent race they would have contacted us, if only to stop us from expanding in their direction.
This whole affair seems quite fishy, now that I think about it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
laclongquan said:
No chance of that I am afraid. The War faction got pretty good mouth so when the time come for chance of war they will scream the loudest and attract more attention from flipflopers.

Not really, we failed to fight the Turanei. That is a failure I still sorely regret. :D

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
The council had not the balls to deal with the Turanei nor the stomach to deny the furries refuge.

Bunch of weaklings.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I'd rather take on the bugs first, so that we don't get stabbed in the back while we are fighting a war against the Turanei.
That was my plan when I voted for deep-space exploration.
That would have given us an advantage over the bugs.

But yeah, any choice would have been better than this failed hunt for the meth entities.

laclongquan

Arcane
Dont plan on fighting the bugs anytime soon. They got some senators in their pockets, so a direct declaration of war is out. And they are too canny to fighting us headon. The best chance they attack would be when we are entangled in some foreign advanture like fighting the lizards, or the AI, or something.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
If the AI would backfire on us, the council would probably ask the damn bugs for help.
I'm still disappointed over that we didn't get to discover a derelict space hulk.
It could have contained technology that would have given us a massive advantage over the Raumen.

Instead we got this AI, that probably will go rogue on us any day now.

But the Metal would have given the bugs something, and that I cannot allow.

laclongquan

Arcane
Tsk! If the bugs got metal, so what? Isnt that a very good chance to go to war with them? And we may even get the mercantile faction with us, since it mean, would have meant, that the bugs rob us blind.

But that chance is lost anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom