Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

lightbane

Arcane
treave said:
Inbuilt with manifold failsafe systems, they proved to be reliable, as well as able. Their core programming stripped them of the ability to harm - or by their inaction allow to be harmed - Codexian beings.

I think we have Asimov Robotics Laws pre-programmed. Of course, there's nothing stopping a rogue scientist from creating an AI without those failsafes. Also, we need to address the question of Adam-1. Where is Adam-1? >_>

He's currently being tortured by God for all the eternity. That or they started with Adam 2 'cause pair numbers are the new shit. And I vote C.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The bugs want us to ban AI's eh? I think they're afraid Codexia will grow too powerful with their aid. We should try to make contact with the Amoneth, and see if they will give us some treats for rescuing their favorite furries.

Option B

laclongquan

Arcane
Uncautious bunch of curious cats! Out of all the options you must choose the direction that will give the AIs ideas? You want them to rebel the moment you contact those crystal beings? Hwm?

And Reconquestista is the next step of the road that start when we attempted to contact the bears. Once started we must follow through or the efforts are in vain. Think of empty planets just waiting to be colonized. Think of pocket systems of the bears just waiting to be absorbed in to the great and terrible Codexia. Hell, think of the vast expanse of the ex-Dominion space.

Explore beyond Raumeni's space may bring us into contact with Hiin Empire, the entity that gave the bug so much trouble that they have to manipulate both of its backside neighbor into war in order to have free hands to deal with that major threat. Ugh, another warring state? No thank you! We still havent managed to conquer what we know.

lightbane

Arcane
laclongquan said:
Uncautious bunch of curious cats! Out of all the options you must choose the direction that will give the AIs ideas? You want them to rebel the moment you contact those crystal beings? Hwm?

And Reconquestista is the next step of the road that start when we attempted to contact the bears. Once started we must follow through or the efforts are in vain. Think of empty planets just waiting to be colonized. Think of pocket systems of the bears just waiting to be absorbed in to the great and terrible Codexia. Hell, think of the vast expanse of the ex-Dominion space.

Explore beyond Raumeni's space may bring us into contact with Hiin Empire, the entity that gave the bug so much trouble that they have to manipulate both of its backside neighbor into war in order to have free hands to deal with that major threat. Ugh, another warring state? No thank you! We still havent managed to conquer what we know.

First, it's RECONQUESTA (or Reconquista). Second, remember that the Hiin Empire could be a way that the bugs call the "humies".

praetor

Arcane
i was for contact with the Meths before, now it's finally the time for the rest of the council:

B

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wasn't aware our terraforming had progressed far enough for us to use completely dead worlds, councillor laclongquan. If it indeed has, I may need to rethink my vote.

Angthoron

Arcane
lightbane said:
laclongquan said:

First, it's RECONQUESTA (or Reconquista). Second, remember that the Hiin Empire could be a way that the bugs call the "humies".

Somehow I earlier calculated that the Hiin Empire can't be Codexia because of the timeline, we haven't met the bugs yet at the time. I might be wrong though.

laclongquan

Arcane
The key point to my proposal is"vast expanse".

There lotsa planets in those spacey. Let's go see if we can get more goodies? And reconquista always is an awesome business. it show that we are tenacious. It show that we are long-memory. It show that we dont give up easy. It show that we have nose for curiousity.

Dont tell me the old Dominion dont have asteroid mining, lunar mining complex and all other kinds of goodies. They are the basic application of carrier-based fighters, or rather fighters and carriers advanced from those industries' infrastructure. And unless the lizards use planet-breaker class weaponry, a devastated planet is easier to rebuild than terraform a completely unsuitable planets. Same deal as in business really: rebuild a wartorn country is easier than to build from ground up an empty land.

And tell me my old fellow voters didnt think of the days we go back there. Rescue the refugee sound noble and good but if you dont take the business results into calculation how can you have a humongous Codexia? hum?

Angthoron

Arcane
Problem with reconquista would be that many of the resources were consumed, and considering the lizards left ashes of the Phyrrie planets, we won't quite get any benefit out of those used-up resources. Although ash is supposed to be good for growing stuff.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Angthoron said:
Somehow I earlier calculated that the Hiin Empire can't be Codexia because of the timeline, we haven't met the bugs yet at the time. I might be wrong though.

Bugs vs Hin'in, their fourth Great Muster, happened about a hundred years prior to the end of the Phyr Conflict.
Bugs vs Turanei, fifth Great Muster, was about seventy years prior.
Bugs vs Codexia, two clans, about fifty years prior.

edit: Nein.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
RE: Adam-2:

- There are definitely failsafe systems built into the core design.
- Adam-2 is a play on the first, biblical Adam

Since this has been a point of confusion several times in the last week, let the Barbarian clarify: the Hin'in are definitely not humans/Codexians.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Well, someone got to be the one to take chances.
I vote C.
The depths of space might hold many rewards.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We are not certain of the effects of the Turanei weaponry upon the Phyrrie ecosystem. In the worst case scenario, it would have rendered even the atmosphere devoid of oxygen due to their immolation effects. If that is the situation with the Dead Zone, we would basically be terraforming completely unsuitable planets from the ground up.

Technology-wise, there is nothing the Phyr have that we need. We have already gleaned FTL and cloaking technology from them. They were always an inferior, primitive species. I find it hard to believe they would have a star-killing superweapon stashed somewhere out in their old domain.

As for the option to venture out beyond Raumen territory, it is a brilliant choice, and one I am sorely tempted to take myself if not for the fact that we have unfinished business with the Amoneth.

They gave cloaking technology to the bears. That technology resulted in the loss of our brave Codexian lives, for the bears would never have been able to take us in a straight fight.

I am also curious to see if they will make for good powder to snort.

At any rate we already know a fair bit about the Turanei, or are able to estimate at their motivations and behaviour. We should expend some time in trying to know the Amoneth (our good neighbours) a little better now before we move on to the great outdoors.

edit: Is it safe to assume Codexians are a very close analogue of Earthlings, at least in biology, location, pre-interstellar culture and history - basically Earth in all but name?

The Barbarian

Liturgist
edit: Is it safe to assume Codexians are a very close analogue of Earthlings, at least in biology, pre-interstellar culture and history?

It is safe to assume so. Humans/Codexians can be used interchangeably. The Barbarian has been using the term 'Codexian' as a default - but this is obviously humanity in question.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thank you for your clarification, magnificently pectoraled Barbarian.

It looks like option B is running away with the vote.

In defense of option C, exploration of deep space will serve as the beginning of a long term policy that will see us expanding towards the galactic core... and it is there that we will, at long last, transport the entire Codexian star system through a gigantic Wyrmhole and seat Mother Codexia where she deserves - at the centre of the galaxy.

Do not misconstrue this as a vote for option C though, I have made my choice and for now I am not in a FLIPFLOP mood.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I love a shattered unearthly landscape with colonists struggling to rebuild and eke out a miserable living as much as you do, but it's hardly in their best interests to dump them there. Unless they're, like, criminals and stuff. Hm... I wonder if we've begun building penal worlds.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
B - explore in the direction of the Amoneth, hoping to make contact with these mysterious aliens.

Also, vandalism against AI should be punishable by death. And Codexian Intelligence Services need to start investigating the Raumen lobby more closely. I'm certain that, if we dig enough, we'll find links of bribery and possibly worse, treason, between the bugs and our "loyal" senators.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom