Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Calculator-Savant Jack, what is the current status on the voting floor?

After all our flip-flops, I mean. :cool:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Capable of controlling everything from production floors to combat vessels, it signals a quantum leap in computing and systems management, amongst a host of other fields.

At the very least, most management-level staff will be out of a job. So we'll have a lot of middle-aged jobless ex-managers on our hands swilling booze and lamenting the good old days of tough managerial battles and cutthroat budgeting wars.

Being able to control everything is different from being able to control everything well. Could be a dumbfuck A.I. running on popamole newgen consoletard hardware & software...

Sure it controls everything, but it mismanages everything more often than not and misinterprets commands given to it frequently. :lol:

edit: And even if it was godlike, some dumb philosopher may ask it to find the answer to the question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, and it then goes into stasis for a couple million years trying to figure that shit out, putting all of its processing power towards the solution.

Lulz ensue.

laclongquan

Arcane
treave said:
Lord Marshal Angthoron, after the debacles of recent years, I am sure you would agree that an AI could run Codexia better than our Council has. :lol:

Master Treave, the point is that they were our own errors to begin with. Now imagine you get stuck with errors of a soulless AI. How you rage!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
treave said:
Calculator-Savant Jack, what is the current status on the voting floor?

After all our flip-flops, I mean. :cool:
A:6
B:8
C:2
D:0
E:0

I think, all the changes makes it hard to count, admiral.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I think taplonaplo flipped to A, so you are the only holdout on the part of Space Hulks now.

May you want to consider the joys of being ruled under an iron thumb by our inhuman soulless overlords?

Of course, if you flip to A, Master Jack, we will be in a deadlock for votes and this could delay an update tremendously if neither party gives way...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
laclongquan said:
treave said:
Lord Marshal Angthoron, after the debacles of recent years, I am sure you would agree that an AI could run Codexia better than our Council has. :lol:

Master Treave, the point is that they were our own errors to begin with. Now imagine you get stuck with errors of a soulless AI. How you rage!

Oh, I'll lulz all right. Imagine screens all over Codexia going blank with ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE. :lol:

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I'd rather have machine overlords than to let the Raumen have our debt back.
I change to A.
treave said:
I think taplonaplo flipped to A, so you are the only holdout on the part of Space Hulks now.
I took that into account, it was lightbane's vote and mine left.

laclongquan

Arcane
Ladies and Gentlemen, this now has become an unforeseen crisis in the history of this Senate. From the start, however erratic and faulty our decisions were, at least they are the decisions of flesh and blood, of human DNA. Now these traitors to living beings want to sacrifice our destiny to rule the star, to remake the universe in our image, to the altar of drugs, boozes and easy livings. They want to help the AI to remake the universe into the soulless image of bits and bytes.

Down to the traitors! Purge them all! Blood and Thunder! For your other honor!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So we're still 1 short.

Oh snap.

Well, we should do more flip-flopping in the future, guys, it's only befitting of politicians like us. Fun. Sometimes we should compromise and throw our vote behind the second best choice rather than waste it on the best choice which nobody else votes for...

laclongquan said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, this now has become an unforeseen crisis in the history of this Senate. From the start, however erratic and faulty our decisions were, at least they are the decisions of flesh and blood, of human DNA. Now these traitors to living beings want to sacrifice our destiny to rule the star, to remake the universe in our image, to the altar of drugs, boozes and easy livings. They want to help the AI to remake the universe into the soulless image of bits and bytes.

Well said! :D

But remember we can program AIs to have personalities. They may be soulless but they need not appear to be so. If you want we can have the AI patterned after a famous movie star of your choice.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
laclongquan said:

Fool, you will soon witness our ascension.
We are willing to do what it takes for our empire.

treave said:
So we're still 1 short.

Oh snap.

Well, we should do more flip-flopping in the future, guys, it's only befitting of politicians like us. Fun. Sometimes we should compromise and throw our vote behind the second best choice rather than waste it on the best choice which nobody else votes for...
It would be for the greater good.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
hal_9000.gif

lightbane

Arcane
It is a sad day indeed, the Adeptus Mechanicus warned me of this possibility. I'm sorry fellow High Lords of Terra, but the chaos Decline has infected most of the councilors, there are traitors that prefer to live at the will and whim of a souless machine, instead of ruling the Stars themselves as Mankind was intended to be. This cannot be, so I re-change my vote to "B", just to try to counter the heretics' insidious influence. Men must not be slave to the machine. Now, excuse me but there's some purging to do *summons a squad of Angry Marines and charges to the traitorous Councilors' positions* TO BATTLE!!! FOR THE EMPRAH!!!!!

PS: Changed my vote to B, if it's not clear enough.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Now we will not be able to awaken the sleeping Void Dragon, the true Machine God and Omnissiah. [/heretic] :(

edit: Well, now that that's settled I'm off to slumber till the update comes.

lightbane

Arcane
Actually, I can *shows a false picture of a supposed wh40k game made by bethesda, the Necron instantly disappear screaming of pure terror*

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This thread is awesome. Kudos to The Barbarian and everyone else that participates.

For the glory of Codexia!

lightbane

Arcane
root said:
why you must you fight against fate, against the future? can't you see this is for The Greater Good, councillor? Really? Minerals in exchange for superior organizational capacity in every layer of our society? Why would you do something like that? What are you afraid of, councillor?

That's it, you have shown your true colors, you're nothing more than a (C)Tau worshipper!!! This is the face of the unclean!!!!

22310_pelstb_1262122107.jpg

If you still have some shred of honor, councilmen-brothers, would you believe the words of a mad-man that believes the lies of these furries??? Besides, anyone mentioning something about fate automatically sets him as eldar-related, and that's extra-heretical.

PS: Besides, everyone knows there is too many risks with the machines, and considering they're made by Codexian it's assured they will fail and turn inane.

lightbane

Arcane
[OCC: Of course assume I'm playing this part of the game, if someone feels this is unnecessarily dragging the topic then I'll stop] You say to build something that could endure the ravages of time, and yet your own vision is limited as much as you accuse me to have.
You see, I have nothing against technology, I would vote clonation and tech-implants to make a man live indefinitely, after all I voted too for the techno-implants, but you forgot that there's a line that if crossed you will no longer be considered human, and such you will falll into a state of stasis and flawed. Death is not the end, just an inconvenience, you must allow humanity to evolve according to their own free will. To live is to endure, and to endure is to become stronger. The true death is oblivion.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
We have no beginning. We have no end.
We are infinite. Millions of years after the Raumen has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure.
We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, you are nothing.

taplonaplo

Scholar
I'm disappointed in my fellow paranoid councilors who assume if an AI was made, it is going to turn on us, yet absolutely ignore the chance that the freshly discovered material becomes quickly obsolete, or it's market gets cornered by the Raumen. You all assume, it's a guaranteed payoff and overlook the fact that it's just as likely to fail as being as careless with an AI that it turns on us.

praetor

Arcane
since it seems most of my fellow councilors are flip-floppers, it would be only natural for me to follow in their wake.

Shodan it is, then, my fellow codexians!

i change my vote to A! may The Architect be merciful

taplonaplo

Scholar
Okay, someone should check if i didn't overlook a flop or something but i think it looks like this:

B: 9
wjw, Angthoron, Lightbane, Maria, Orgasm, Luan, laclongquan, Radisshu, Garfunkel
A: 10
juggernaut, jaedar, TNO, Azira, taplonaplo, root, treave, Jack, Ashery, praetor

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom