Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Murk

Arcane
Having been welcomed in, I vote OPTION A.

As of now the Commo has too strong of a fleet to take on head one, by using evasive semi-guerrilla maneuvers we can pick at them while never actually trying to test the brunt of their forces.

If we try to meet their 300 strong ships with one primary fleet, they can VERY EASILY spread their forces out, and envelope us with 200 or so ships and send the other 100 straight for our home-planet to finish the deed.

Also, his most noble savagery has informed us that the Commo is mostly avoiding our planets and instead focusing on ships and commerce. What this says to me is that they are either planning to eradicate our standing fleet THEN invade our planets, or they do not plan on invading our planets and are desperate instead to simply cripple our shield production facilities.

If they are planning on the former strategy then spreading out our ships will require them to waste time hounding them down until our primary forces can arrive to teach them the true meaning of discipline. If, on the other hand, they are indeed just bee-lining for our shield production facility they could not risk leaving 100 or so ships alive on their flank, that would be too risky -- even if they outnumber us 3:1.

I believe the Commo is not planning on an eradication mission, but rather a self-proclaimed liberation of our people. By killing off us, the heads of Codexia, they can then slowly take over the abandoned and leaderless (and more importantly, military-less) planets one by one by either easily assimilating or by the planets' own needs for a secure army.

They will try to make us look like the demons who have tainted humanity, but they do not understand how strong our faith runs. Their propaganda must not be allowed to dilute our people's zeal.

I say Option A, followed by a grand public execution of those fools who spoke of our new technology, followed by swift unmerciful invasion of those Commo brats. They must be punished for this second bout of treachery. Their people welcomed into our fold, into our true religion.

wjw

Augur
Lotr2 final scene offers the solution to this dilemma.

We make a final stand.
We will lose.
We will retreat with 20 ships to our core worlds.
We will do a final assault for glory and honor.

Before we are completely beaten our main force will jump in.
Killing all remaining Commo's.

Then we equip the ring: defence +2.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
angry-mob2.jpg

Are the Commies burning yet?

Conkrete Knight

Educated
Undead Phoenix said:
If anything, we're a lot more like commies than the Commonwealth. I'm just saying... :M

Lies!
Everyone knows that Communism equals Atheism!

And the commonwealth is atheistic!

Ergo the Commos are Commies!

Bow to my superi'ør logicks!

Murk

Arcane
Impatience is running deep, my friends.

Unrelated comment: I must say, the 5-points event during the ONE MOMENT OF FREEDOM GRANTED TO THE COUNCIL was perhaps the most disappointing and pathetic display of TERRIBLE decision making.

I was face-palming with a fury that has left me severely bruised when reading over that section. I realize that taking the 'best' options in many cases may leave the game somewhat boring as we end up in a peaceful state with friends all around us and a big ol military but... c'mon, really? Le sigh ;(

Mikayel said:
Impatience is running deep, my friends.

Unrelated comment: I must say, the 5-points event during the ONE MOMENT OF FREEDOM GRANTED TO THE COUNCIL was perhaps the most disappointing and pathetic display of TERRIBLE decision making.

I was face-palming with a fury that has left me severely bruised when reading over that section. I realize that taking the 'best' options in many cases may leave the game somewhat boring as we end up in a peaceful state with friends all around us and a big ol military but... c'mon, really? Le sigh ;(
And worse yet, during the civil war we got the religious shit... I hope there will be a chance for social change in the future.

Murk

Arcane
I did find it funny that an autocracy was voted in... despite the very basis of the game being, basically, an oligarchy. At least now we get to pretend to be spess meringues

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I thought we were saving the first post on page 100 for the barbarian.

:decline:, herostratus, :decline:

Conkrete Knight

Educated
And here I was waiting for Conan to pop page 100.

Ah well,
to celebrate it lets kick out some fanart (I was bored, and this was more productive than drawing something from recent rpg's e.g. Mass effect)

My idea of what the Hin'in look like.
Probably deviates from yours, which is the point.

Hin__in_by_Beta_Vulgaris.jpg

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Back when there was no war, the Commo predecessors tried to impress the new xeno threat in every possible way.

Ih1lr.jpg

The Barbarian

Liturgist
This is why Conan has avoided giving a timeline for this update. You see, comrades, the noble Barbarian is now undertaking practical legal training. It is an ugly, seventy five day slog through Melbourne's legal practice slums. The workload is astonishing.

But Conan will not despair. He will not wilt. His armor is contempt...

Onward to victory!

And the update IS coming.

EDIT:

Conkrete Knight, that is beautiful. You bring a tear to Conan's eye!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom