Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

The Barbarian

Liturgist
If the question was unanswered because of lack of intel, say so and I will cease my endless prattle.

Codexian designs are on-par with current Raumen models, and slightly behind the Hin'in.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Hmmm, interesting. Too bad the Hin'in decided to rape the ramen now and all those years ago, I dare say we could have taken those merchants on and won.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I belive what DarkUnderlord is talking about is also known as Instant Runoff Voting. It's a great system:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_runoff_voting

Read it faggots. :love:

I can also code it up in some sort of popamole javascript thing. (I build distributed databases for a living. I code. A lot.)

As for my votes:

LET US GO SOMEWHERE NEW FOR CHRIST'S SAKES

Humanity was built to explore, discover, and better themselves through that. Enough killing, enough navel gazing. LET US RECLAIM OUR DESTINY and push into new space.

C-1
A-2
B-3
D-4

and NO YOU CANNOT HAVE FTL + WORMHOLES ON A SHIP

The Barbarian

Liturgist
can we have a vote for a flagship fitted with twin FTL/wormhole drives and integrated cloaking/shield tech? some weapons of mass planetary destruction would be nice, too.

If you can explain the point of a ship that would cost ten times as much (just for the ship, does not include ancillary, development and logistical costs) as a standard FTL/jump drive ship (with only a marginal increase in overall effectiveness or tactical flexibility) to a budgetary review panel employed to watch every cent being spent by the armed forces... then the Barbarian would allow such a monstrosity.

These systems work on entirely different principles. You understand both, more or less, but your entire propulsion infrastructure is built around jump drives and their utility.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Thats excessive, lets just have a slightly costlier command variant battleship with improved command systems, scanners and some fancy paint. No need to kill what remains of our economy.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We are still lacking a proper superweapon though.

We need, like, the Teat of Maria or Neymar's Nostril or something. Something to strike terror into the hearts of our enemies.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
BCAD

Expansionism. Colonialism. Imperialism.

Bigger. Better. STRONGER!

Let us not hide in our shell.
What are we? Men or tortoises?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Conkrete Knight said:
What are we? Men or tortoises?

turtle-power.jpg

anus_pounder

Arcane
Having watched some B5 videos (and episodes), I simply cant picture our codexian ships being anything else but Omega class battleships and other Earth Alliance ships.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Already posted this one but...

john_blanche_battlefleet_gothic.jpg

W40K fag or not, you can't deny that Marianites would feel right at home in giant space cathedrals filled with guns.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If we're going to build FTL drives, there is only one kind of vessel we should be fitting them on.

Giant FTL space torpedoes.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Step 1: FTL Drive on asteroid
Step 2: Add stealth
Step 3: Hi'in planet
Step 4: PROFIT!

Murk

Arcane
Well, looks like D just isn't going to be a possibility. I've changed my original vote to bump the other options up in accordance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom