Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex's official opinion on VtM Bloodlines

Do you like Bloodlines?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • It's good for what it is

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I haven't played it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And, i'm not sure you know, but those people that Gunther kills when he is looking for you? You can save them all if you do the right things in the previous levels.

CrimHead

Scholar
SCO said:
Fuck this terrible game, my pacifist JC wouldn't do this shit.

:lol: No no no, obviously I don't think like that, else I wouldn't be standing up for VtmB. I was just under the impression that Gunther still had dialouge about avenging Annah even if you let here live, and Simons did the same for Gunther. I never thought to just run away from Simons after such an epic dialouge at Area 51... seems so anti-climatic. Also never thought to bring Maggie Chow out of the UC room. Guess I'm just not inventive :oops:

bonescraper

Gah, those screenshots brought back some memories. I never finished the game 'cause of that fucking dumb hotel part where you need to fight your way through. Reinstalling it now. Damn you Codex!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
CrimHead said:
SCO said:
Fuck this terrible game, my pacifist JC wouldn't do this shit.

:lol: No no no, obviously I don't think like that, else I wouldn't be standing up for VtmB. I was just under the impression that Gunther still had dialouge about avenging Annah even if you let here live, and Simons did the same for Gunther. I never thought to just run away from Simons after such an epic dialouge at Area 51... seems so anti-climatic. Also never thought to bring Maggie Chow out of the UC room. Guess I'm just not inventive :oops:
You have a point that it is really hard to make Anna run away to open the door. I think it might have been intended and was cut, but placeholder dialog with Gunther remains, if you glitch it (with one of two methods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsh24FmYlNQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjXKIK8NWEw
).

The second is far more ridiculous i'd think. Though the first is kooky too.

Bitch is tough. Romance material for sure in Deus Ex 3. (cross fingers).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
And i'd love there was more reaction to playing the game this way but in truth, it's a rarity that a game allows this kind of thing.

Sometimes it seems to me quality control thinks this kind of thing is a bug instead of a opportunity. Think of the reputation that this added to deus ex even thought the effort was minimal: replace/cut some other dialogs. Ignore the character as if it was dead. If it was mentioned in the news feeds that agent navarro was wounded while "attempting to apprehend renegade JC Denton" i would be in 7th heaven. If there is actual dialog, i would be in nirvana. You "only" have to script as if the player really controlled who lived or died and not your "perfect" plot.

roll-a-die

Magister
Jaesun said:
I still have yet to play a game where I found the Stop Sign as a Malkavian. :(
It happens at the very end of the game, IIRC, when you are in Downtown.

Cenobyte

Prophet
I've recently replayed BloodRayne, and I must really say that Bloodlines with the combat system of BloodRayne and the skill system of Bloodlines would have been an even better game. Because tbh, the action part of the game, especially hand-to-hand combat, is rather unimpressive imho.

scorpioo

Novice
I have one question - I finished quest from Elizabethan Rendezvous and LaCroix gave me no haven.But then I read the walkthrough I had to get him because I did not kill any police officer

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
scorpioo said:
I have one question - I finished quest from Elizabethan Rendezvous and LaCroix gave me no haven.But then I read the walkthrough I had to get him because I did not kill any police officer

I have no idea what you're saying, but try equipping the ring.

scorpioo

Novice
Grunker said:
scorpioo said:

I have no idea what you're saying, but try equipping the ring.

I finished Elizabethan Rendezvous quest and LaCroix dont gave me new haven, but i dont kill any policeman on the ship.

Murk

Arcane
You have to kiss his ass to get the Haven, if you give him any lip during the conversations he won't hook it up. Also, Tremere and Nosferatu don't get the haven from him and instead get their own set-up by their respective clans.

My first play as a Malk I ended up making fun of LaCroix quite a lot (couldn't resist!) and I was stuck with the shitbox over the pawn shop.

scorpioo

Novice
Ok thanks. But i don kiss his ass, because he is sleek conceited asshole

Murk

Arcane
Choices and consequences mein freund, choices and consequences.

Only real benefit from the new haven is you get some extra blood in the fridge and that you're more likely to be around Downtown than Santa Monica, otherwise, nothing really (aside from looking cooler).

hoochimama

Liturgist
ghostdog said:
stopthelies.jpg

Mr Burns said:
(sees a vending machine )
Ah. A candy shop. Yes, I’ll take two pounds of Bristol’s Toffee. Oh, and don’t wrap it too tightly. I’m hungry now.
(nothing happens)
You’ve made a powerful enemy today, my friend.

scorpioo

Novice
I´ve got one big problem - I do VV quest in HollyWood and i must speak whit David in Lucky Star Motel.But i dont have speak icon. Its only problem whit this char. Befor I can speak whit him but now ... :x

I.C. Wiener

Educated
SCO said:
I always hear they "planned much more" but never hear what it would be.

So? Anyone knows?
One of the devs said they wanted to make a sabbat path for the main quest. There's also vestigal code from the multiplayer mode. Also some elements of quests that never made it in (which wesp is happy to stick wherever the hell they could possibly fit just so there are no unused assets). That's all I know of though. I imagine that fixing the bugs/bad AI and pathfinding, diplomatic opportunities for the endgame, and adding functionality to some of the cosmetic buildings would have been on the agenda at some point. So to answer the question, I dunno.

scorpioo

Novice
I need a help - i do Italian Diner quest and i killed two Kuen-Jin, i´m in sarcophagus room - what i must do next?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Actually I'm pretty sure after you win the boss fight the scene is supposed to fade to black and then show you putting the sarcophagus in a van. You shouldn't need to do anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom