Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
There is only one good item there, the Transgressor Shield, which is awesome for PvP. The other items are pure crap, often inferior versions of the items they're based on.

It has awesome dark damage block and is very lightweight.

Homunculus Mace is ok, it has a longsword-like moveset which can be useful since wonky hitboxes make the regular mace suck at times. Upgraded it does ~30 more damage but 5 less poise damage. ALSO kb/m controls would've fucking rocked if they didn't fuck up the mouse clicks. There's crazy input lag for the clicks (probably because the game constantly tries to detect double clicks/crtl/alt/shift+clicks.

DragoFireheart

Homunculus Mace is ok, it has a longsword-like moveset which can be useful since wonky hitboxes make the regular mace suck at times. Upgraded it does ~30 more damage but 5 less poise damage. ALSO kb/m controls would've fucking rocked if they didn't fuck up the mouse clicks. There's crazy input lag for the clicks (probably because the game constantly tries to detect double clicks/crtl/alt/shift+clicks.

The mace is shit when you can get a morning star like 5 mins into the game.

Morning star is just a shit version of the mace. Bleed on slow weapons is for retards. Magic mace +10 is probably the best one-handed weapon for PvE. I frequently make a run for it in Huntsman's Copse right after cheesing the dragonrider.

DragoFireheart

Morning star is just a shit version of the mace. Bleed on slow weapons is for retards. Magic mace +10 is probably the best one-handed weapon for PvE. I frequently make a run for it in Huntsman's Copse right after cheesing the dragonrider.

That's sorta my point.

Ok.

Oh and they really buffed the 'achievement npcs'. Lucatiel/benhart used to die right away in every fight if you didn't get involved. Now you can just deal a few hits and they win it for you.

:retarded:

DragoFireheart

Oh and they really buffed the 'achievement npcs'. Lucatiel/benhart used to die right away in every fight if you didn't get involved. Now you can just deal a few hits and they win it for you.

Looks like they took the buffing a little extreme there... :D

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
What exactly did they patch in shrine of amala? I was late to the party and visited the location yesterday, but had no problem closing in on the casters/dodging their magic and killing them. What were they like before?

DragoFireheart

What exactly did they patch in shrine of amala? I was late to the party and visited the location yesterday, but had no problem closing in on the casters/dodging their magic and killing them. What were they like before?

Well...

Xbox360: They shoot in a straight line.

PS3: They still home in on you.

Both: reduced the aggro range.

Kanedias

Savant
Those spells used to home in like crazy. Remember Dark Souls 1 Pursuers? Like that, but faster. It was much, much harder to avoid them.

DragoFireheart

Those spells used to home in like crazy. Remember Dark Souls 1 Pursuers? Like that, but faster. It was much, much harder to avoid them.

But the changes are different between the systems. Did you know that?

I own the PS3 version and they STILL curve.

Kanedias

Savant
Yes, I have the PS3 version too, and the balance of the spells is nice now. They're easier to avoid but they still curve significantly. No idea how it is in the PC version.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I feel like I have a pretty good solution for every fight as Sorceror:
1 Shoot soul arrows
2 When it gets close, wait for it to start attacking, then roll backwards
3 GOTO 1

The enemies just don't have any capable gap closers in this.

DragoFireheart

1 Shoot soul arrows
3 GOTO 1

You can also use binoculars to snipe them.

Xi

Arcane
Launch day is finally here and the goddamn thing CTDs on launch. :x

Apparently some people are getting around this issue by switching from DVI to HDMI or vise versa, but here I am having to use a DVI-HDMI converter. :negative:

I had this issue. You get a white screened window and then it crashes. This occurs because of resolution scaling. It seems to be limited to AMD cards. The fix is super easy. Go into CCC->My Digital Flat Panels->Check Enable GPU scaling->Apply-Problem solved.

-----

So far the game looks and runs great on my PC. I've had no issues at all (aside from the easily fixed bug from above). I started as a deprived. Shit is pretty difficult without a weapon/armor. I know I've probably missed a lot of shit though. Difficulty still seems to be in place, but I'm sure I'll over come it eventually and the game will be (for the most part) easy mode.

So far, this is a faithful sequel. This is what EVERY developer should do when producing a sequel to a series.

Last edited:

Bradylama

Arcane
Except I've got Nvidia. I'll see if there's a similar equivalent with Nvidia tools once I have the time.

praetor

Arcane
every day i am astounded by the idiocy of drago & co. congrats to invictus for jumping on the idiotwagon

Ok.

yeah, their health is insane.. a couple of days ago when i managed to co-op for an hour (fuck you, netcode) smelter skelter, lucatiel didn't take any damage from smelter's AoE. :retarded: indeed

and they nerfed the Sinner like crazy. she's a joke now :( piss poor health and damage make her less dangerous than most late-game mobs :(

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
1 Shoot soul arrows
3 GOTO 1

You can also use binoculars to snipe them.
Obviously, that's part of step 1. I really do wonder why no enemies have good gap closers in this. Instead they all have ridonk sweeping attacks and ability to turn around 720 degrees during the animation. Probably a right and proper pain for backstab likers.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You got it all wrong paetor babay, you keeping it real man
To be honest I like the game just fine and its faults are no big deal to me because it is good
About the summonable npcs I agree they overdid things a bit with their buffs but watching my cousin getting owned by helter smelter in 30 seconds confirmed that you still have to know what you are doing to survive the fight yourself and berhart could use the boost because on mirror knight

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Benhart only died on the last boss for me and even then it was close.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom