Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Castanova

Prophet
Less than half a day until the definitive version comes out.

Game is released in one hour?!

:kwafuckyeah:

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I played a bit of DaS2 on PC. I'm playing it with keyboard+mouse, just as I did the original. So far the port seems rather improved in many areas. There are graphics settings, you can rebind more of the controls and switching targets with the mouse is not completely fucked up in the brain. That being said, the default control scheme is fucking bonkers. It might be a 100 hours of muscle memory talking, but after 3 minutes I went into the menu and rebound every control so it worked more like the original. Whoever thought spreading all the buttons out over literally the entire keyboard(important functions are on wasd, keys around k, enter, and arrow keys) is not a very clever person. This is not just a shitty console port problem, these days it seems more and more common for devs to ignore reasonable button placements(e and q primarly) in favor of f,g and h.

Similarly binding the left hand to the left mouse button might make some form of logical sense, but since you will typically be attacking more with the right hand it sort of defies convention(of lmb being the primary button). Double clicking for strong attacks also seems arse. One thing that is bothering me to an insane degree is how I can no longer quit out of bonfires with a tap of the RMB, instead I have to hit backspace.

However, the menus in general work better now. They're more capable of being mouse-driven, and are not irrevocably bound to home and page up/down keys. They also show more than 3 items on screen at once.

Can't really comment on gameplay much yet. Tutorial area seemed to have one sconce above a fog door with no apparent purpose. I got a titanite slab from the crows, but apparently that's nothing to cheer about in DaS2. Playing as a Sorcerer and needing to dump seemingly 10 points into strength to use a shield might be... interesting. I wonder how long I can last without one.

aris

Arcane
Anyone else stuck on 97% downloading on dark souls 2 in steam?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
For those who wandered if the dynamic lighting/stuff they showed us in the trailer is in the PC version:

darksoulsii2014-04-256ebk9.png

:P

Castanova

Prophet
Explored a bit. Killed two early bosses (too easy unfortunately). Not clear really where to go which is cool and regular enemies are tough too. Too early to make any judgments but it's definitely a Souls game.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

hurr hexer santiers spear sls 270 durr one shot everyone. yea maybe scrubs. twice when he meets some decent players he gets his ass wrecekd:lol::lol::lol:

That guy is fucking garbage, i don't know why the DS community is blowing this asshat up. His build has no synergy and he put dark infusions on his Santier's Spear instead of Mundane, that shows me what a retard he is, and the fact that he has an ego after beating obvious noobs is embarrassing.

Last edited:

Bradylama

Arcane
Launch day is finally here and the goddamn thing CTDs on launch. :x

Apparently some people are getting around this issue by switching from DVI to HDMI or vise versa, but here I am having to use a DVI-HDMI converter. :negative:

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I have no idea what any of this means, but maybe it's useful/applicable/interesting for some of you weeaboo nerds who are playing this Dragon Age II knockoff:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Launch day is finally here and the goddamn thing CTDs on launch. :x

Apparently some people are getting around this issue by switching from DVI to HDMI or vise versa, but here I am having to use a DVI-HDMI converter. :negative:

WAT this doesn't even make sense.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Halp
So I have the silvercat ring, and I still can't survive the drop in the majula pit, even with full hp as human :/ Why?

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
That whole pre-order for awesome gear shit really kinda deterred me, but I gotta ask the real bros on PC how this holds up overall before ANYTHING let alone blowing 60 bucks on it.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
That whole pre-order for awesome gear shit really kinda deterred me, but I gotta ask the real bros on PC how this holds up overall before ANYTHING let alone blowing 60 bucks on it.
Yeah that pre order stuff was annoying but if it makes you feel better the gear isn't that good. It's an extra option for maybe an hour depending on the class but it's basically worthless. Which is annoying because you can't sell it.

Kanedias

Savant
There is only one good item there, the Transgressor Shield, which is awesome for PvP. The other items are pure crap, often inferior versions of the items they're based on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom