Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You get the small soapstone after killing the Last Giant. Pate gives you the normal one after you do the mini gauntlet. Obscurity is irrelevant to the topic; if something is possible to do then it's a possible contender.

If we are comparing options given in the tutorials then you have the option to:

1. skip it entirely
2. fight one cyclops
3. fight two cyclopi at the same time

After beating the two fat pieces of shit you are given the reward of turning trans so obviously DaS2 does give you the most options. Check and mate, cis scum. :smug:

those hippoclopses aren't bosses, and we were dick-measuring bosses so 1>0, thus DaS1 has more options. you cannot mess with math :smug:

All the boss fights in vanilla DaS, excluding O&S, were so incredibly easy and dull that they barely qualify as real bosses.

And you are only wearing rose tinted glasses if you think otherwise. :smug:

praetor

Arcane
All the boss fights in vanilla DaS, excluding O&S, were so incredibly easy and dull that they barely qualify as real bosses.

all the bosses in DaS2 are incredible dull and easy (you're a scrub if you think otherwise), so again 1>0, and thus again DaS1 is the winner. simple math, bitches :smug:

DramaticPopcorn

DaS 1 had better bosses imho. Haven't seen all in the sequel thou

Hobo Elf

Arcane

all the bosses in DaS2 are incredible dull and easy (you're a scrub if you think otherwise), so again 1>0, and thus again DaS1 is the winner. simple math, bitches :smug:

They are only easy because you are used to the mechanics and how to play the games. Enemies are much more aggressive and even though no fight ever quite reaches the same height as Kalameet, Manus, Artorias or double Manticores the average boss fight in DaS2 is a lot more interesting and challenging.

:smug: smug because I feel smug. Face it you pedestrian, FROM cannot into good boss fights no matter how you want to look at it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

They are only easy because you are used to the mechanics and how to play the games. Enemies are much more aggressive and even though no fight ever quite reaches the same height as Kalameet, Manus, Artorias or double Manticores the average boss fight in DaS2 is a lot more interesting and challenging.

:smug: smug because I feel smug. Face it you pedestrian, FROM cannot into good boss fights no matter how you want to look at it.

And all of those bosses are unremarkable compared to Dragon's Dogma.

DD > Souls games. Eat it bitches!

praetor

Arcane

keep moving the goalposts, i'm sure sooner or later we'll come to a point where DaS2 is actually better... gg, scrub

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Why are no detractors of the sequel not saying anything about how small the levels are in this game? They all feel cramped and can be cleared in like 2 minutes flat [outside of speedrunner traps like waist high walls stopping progression, or shield guys spammed in front of a fog gate, or fog gates being behind stunlocking enemies].

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
praetor, you really shouldn't complain about obscure requirements for fighting bosses in DS2 while also including Sif or Capra Demon in the DS1 list.

obscure? how is "collecting 1Mil souls" obscure? it's just unrealistic that anybody would go so far to fight with only the small soapstone to collect 1mil souls to unlock the Shrine.. and then be raped by enemies there since you'll need quite a bit of luck to get anything better than a +3 weapon and shield.

and what does Sif have to do with anything? you just walk in and fight. and how is finding a key to a locked door you walked by half an hour ago "obscure"? and if we're complaining about "obscure requirements to fight Capra" than i would also raise the same complaints against Rotten, Najka, Pursuer (since you can only fight him once if you want to count him, and you need to defeat the last giant to access what the Pursuer is actually blocking/guarding anyway), Darklurker

What, you really think the path you need to take in order to fight Capra as your first boss isn't convoluted and obscure? Sif is simple if you buy the crest, but then you shouldn't complain about needing 13k for the ring to access the Gutter. Without the crest, he requires a similarly weird path. Actually, won't the Hydra kill you as you try to climb the ladder behind it? I don't think I've ever seen anyone try that.

DragoFireheart

Why are no detractors of the sequel not saying anything about how small the levels are in this game? They all feel cramped and can be cleared in like 2 minutes flat [outside of speedrunner traps like waist high walls stopping progression, or shield guys spammed in front of a fog gate, or fog gates being behind stunlocking enemies].

They didn't feel that small.

aris

Arcane
Gets invaded by a guy called douchebag, gets him down to 30% health, he runs away and heals (he's faster than me), do the same again, runs away and heals, and then finally gets a lucky stun lock on me killing me as he stands around a corner.

Dude was incredibly true to his name.

aris

Arcane
Ok, I've beaten the game... I still don't know what the hell I'm supposed to use the cool looking boss souls for DragoFireheart
did you at least find Ornifex or Straid?
Yes, both.
so why the fuck did you not use them to make boss weapons/spells?
I have made some. Most of them seem like crap though. And you can only invest in one.

My question was, is there any use of these souls beyond this, or should I just consume them?

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Ok, I've beaten the game... I still don't know what the hell I'm supposed to use the cool looking boss souls for DragoFireheart
Yes, both.
I have made some. Most of them seem like crap though. And you can only invest in one.

My question was, is there any use of these souls beyond this, or should I just consume them?

There are good boss magic spells like numbness.

aris

Arcane
Yes, both.

Yeah, I noticed, I'm not playing mage on this character though.

Edit: wow, very nice miracle though! Thanks!

Yes, both.

Yeah, I noticed, I'm not playing mage on this character though.
use spices to lower requirements than cast it at beginning of duel. no more shitty GRS spamming:M

edit.
shit i mixed up numbness with profound still.:rage:

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
What, you really think the path you need to take in order to fight Capra as your first boss isn't convoluted and obscure? Sif is simple if you buy the crest, but then you shouldn't complain about needing 13k for the ring to access the Gutter. Without the crest, he requires a similarly weird path. Actually, won't the Hydra kill you as you try to climb the ladder behind it? I don't think I've ever seen anyone try that.

not even close. finding a locked door then finding a key half an hour later (and i'm being really first-playthrough generous here)... 2+2 most of the times equals 4 even without quest compasses.

as for Sif, i guess exploring is bad? do you hate it that much? i really don't see your point? he's neither locked nor does he have absurd requirements to get to, and, as you pointed out you have 2 paths to get to him. for the Gutter it's either pay now 13k for the ring or pay later 12k for the ladder (18k if you also want to get to the GoS) to get trough the same hole. and btw why wouldn't you want to kill the Hydra? it's anything but difficult.

DragoFireheart

use spices to lower requirements than cast it at beginning of duel. no more shitty GRS spamming:M

Profound Still is not going to stop my GRS spamming. You'll delay me for 30 seconds at best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom